Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup 2017-18

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Somebody called Paul Dempsey - seems like he does European competitions usually although used to be at Sky in a high profile role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dempsey_(presenter)

I bet most of the media (southern based anyway) want Spurs to win - seem to be the media darlings in London.

Used to be Chelsea in the old days being Russian money came into their hands and West Ham were popular.

He fronts most boxing events now too. Was at at York Hall on Saturday evening. 

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I wonder how much longer Spurs and Liverpool fans will take without winning anything? - sure they play great football at times but surely they must expect to get a trophy/

I don't think it'll be long.

If either of them don't make top or win the cup, I think the fans will start to turn. No CL next season will be too much for them to bear. Sadly it appears they'll both be top 4 which I think means they'll get another year but no trophies next season and the rot will set in. Fans have no patience and even Leicester fans expect more than they should.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, StanSP said:

decent goal by Eriksen but you can't give that much time to a player like him to run towards the box and pick his spot. 

I personally thought it was a foul on the Swansea player in the corner, my understanding was VAR would look at the play before the goal and see if a foul was in the build up? Seems to me that the system just failed (unless it wasn't a foul).

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I personally thought it was a foul on the Swansea player in the corner, my understanding was VAR would look at the play before the goal and see if a foul was in the build up? Seems to me that the system just failed (unless it wasn't a foul).

they probably thought it wasn't a foul.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

they probably thought it wasn't a foul.

Yep that's what they just said. 

Still I think it looked like a foul and you just know if that was on one of Man city's players or a big club then the foul would have been given. The commentators comment that that decision didn't have a direct impact on the goal, of course it did. Without that Swansea would have still had the ball. 

Even given the usual media bias towards Spurs, BT are exceeding themselves today. They saw nothing wrong in the blatant foul that lost Swansea possession before the goal, and called Son onside when he was definitely off. They'll say black is white if it favours their darlings.

• Like 1

Eriksen is at least 1 if not 2 levels better than Mahrez (who some people think is our greatest ever player). TBH Mahrez is a similar level to Lamela with Eriksen way above. Why would a top 6 team (or RM or Barça) be interested in Mahrez when there are players like Eriksen around?

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Eriksen is at least 1 if not 2 levels better than Mahrez (who some people think is our greatest ever player). TBH Mahrez is a similar level to Lamela with Eriksen way above. Why would a top 6 team (or RM or Barça) be interested in Mahrez when there are players like Eriksen around?

Chelsea when Hazard leaves. Arsenal are probably still interested. Mahrez is a top player. He will be in demand.

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

Chelsea when Hazard leaves. Arsenal are probably still interested. Mahrez is a top player. He will be in demand.

But he's not as good as Hazard, who is at Chelsea, is he really as good as Willian? and then there's Fabregas. Maybe he could displace Ozil at Arsenal, though Arsenal supporters I've spoken to don't agree, if he did perhaps we can have Aaron Ramsey in exchange.

44 minutes ago, FIF said:

lol god knows why you're so biased against one of our best. He's better than ****ing Lamela.

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

lol god knows why you're so biased against one of our best. He's better than ****ing Lamela.

Because he's leaving, I'm preparing myself for 10 games time.

True he's better than Lamela but that is who he replaces on the bench at spurs, because he isn't replacing Eriksen who is better.

Would Mahrez look quite so good with only the odd appearance here and there? Would his ego even be able to handle not being the starter (he's a bit of a mardy sod isn't he?) and would Lamela look at least a little better if he had a regular starting spot with the team set up around him, with Vardy and Iheanacho to slip the ball through to.

I think some of you will change your minds about Mahrez when you see him somewhere else and perhaps he'll regret having left a team that was set-up for him.

I just happen to be 10 matches ahead of my time is all. 

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Because he's leaving, I'm preparing myself for 10 games time.

True he's better than Lamela but that is who he replaces on the bench at spurs, because he isn't replacing Eriksen who is better.

Would Mahrez look quite so good with only the odd appearance here and there? Would his ego even be able to handle not being the starter (he's a bit of a mardy sod isn't he?) and would Lamela look at least a little better if he had a regular starting spot with the team set up around him, with Vardy and Iheanacho to slip the ball through to.

I think some of you will change your minds about Mahrez when you see him somewhere else and perhaps he'll regret having left a team that was set-up for him.

I just happen to be 10 matches ahead of my time is all. 

That's fair enough but can't help but feel it comes across a bit bitter at times.

Going to have to agree to disagree massively on the bit about the team being set up for him. In a team where he'd have even less defensive responsibility and even more of the ball he'd be a star. I'm confident of that. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's fair enough but can't help but feel it comes across a bit bitter at times.

Going to have to agree to disagree massively on the bit about the team being set up for him. In a team where he'd have even less defensive responsibility and even more of the ball he'd be a star. I'm confident of that. Time will tell.

I am bitter. 

My point is he won't start in a team where he has less defensive responsibility (and if he really has that much at Leicester he doesn't show it) and he won't get more of the ball. He isn't going to replace De Bruyne, he's going to be at best an off the bench player. As you say time will tell - and that time is fast approaching (traitor - :D)

Eriksen much more consistent than Mahrez, Mahrez at his best better than Eriksen at his best. 

Anyway, Spurs get Fa cup semi final on home pitch? I mean normally I wouldn't care but after the drugs cheat, refs plotting against them, always having to play before/after us every week whatever the moaning was about of the 15/16 season. I'll say if spurs win the fa cup  they basically been handed it by the fa.