Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

FA Cup 2017-18

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah, even in rugby they overuse it for tries that are completely obviously tries, but they have a bit of discression cos they can do the whole thing in 30 second whilst the kicker’s lining up his kick. 

reviewing every goal and every penalty is a horrendous ideal. 

They do overuse it a bit, yeah. I just think the match ref needs to stay in charge, so it is always his decision whether to refer or not. 

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

In rugby you can hear the ref and it tells you on screen what the referral is for. Same goes for cricket. It's like some of these refs have never seen technology before, it's embarassing.

Will never understand having to telephone a hub in heathrow either when you can just deploy a man upstairs in the ground :rolleyes:

Even in hockey they have a far better system, and that hasn't exactly got tonnes of money behind it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

EVERY bit of match action?! we had to check the rochdale goal in this game when he was obviously what, 4 yards onside? it’s dumb as fu ck. what’s the point in even having a ref or a linesman if nothing they judge is actually going to matter anymore. just let the players go out and play and if there’s any disagreements on what’s happened watch a video review to decide the outcome. 

in the lead up to a goal, I believe so. 

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Had VAR not been available, would the penalty decision have been given?

I don't think so, the initial contact is outside the box, the ref should have blown when the initial challenge was made.  All this retrospective stuff, it's ruining the game.  

Imagine if this had been given against us, we wouldn't be happy about it.  The fact that it's Spurs makes it all the more comical though.  lol

as @DB11 said, this would be incorrect. Holding is an continuous offence so have to wait til it ends or player is obstructed I guess. That's what the linesman did and it was correctly upgraded to be a penalty. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

in the lead up to a goal, I believe so. 

as @DB11 said, this would be incorrect. Holding is an continuous offence so have to wait til it ends or player is obstructed I guess. That's what the linesman did and it was correctly upgraded to be a penalty. 

The assistant referee actually gave a free kick, as indicated by him moving away from the goal line whilst flagging.

Since removing the flag across chest signal the indication to give a free kick is to flag and move towards the goal line

19 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I've never heard him commentating before. Was he filling in for someone who couldn't make it due to the weather?

Somebody called Paul Dempsey - seems like he does European competitions usually although used to be at Sky in a high profile role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dempsey_(presenter)

I bet most of the media (southern based anyway) want Spurs to win - seem to be the media darlings in London.

Used to be Chelsea in the old days being Russian money came into their hands and West Ham were popular.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Somebody called Paul Dempsey - seems like he does European competitions usually although used to be at Sky in a high profile role.

I bet most of the media (southern based anyway) want Spurs to win - seem to be the media darlings in London.

Now that arsenal have imploded and Chelsea have bought the Leicester midfield with the hope of success. If we don’t win anything I really hope Man City or Man Utd win stuff just to fvck the Londoners up

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Cripes. That Wikipedia article says he spent his formative years in Leicester.  Educated at St Joseph's and City of Leicester Boys School.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Cripes. That Wikipedia article says he spent his formative years in Leicester.  Educated at St Joseph's and City of Leicester Boys School.

Well educated then?

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Now that arsenal have imploded and Chelsea have bought the Leicester midfield with the hope of success. If we don’t win anything I really hope Man City or Man Utd win stuff just to fvck the Londoners up

I do wonder how much longer Spurs and Liverpool fans will take without winning anything? - sure they play great football at times but surely they must expect to get a trophy/