Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

10 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox 86 said:

Allardyce is on TalkSport at the moment. He said that Leicester ae a fantastic club, who he would love to manage, but just not at the moment.

Roughly translated as "Ranieri ruined them and anything that happens now isn't good enough"

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol He was terrible for them and their fans hated him.

He finished 9th first season and then all their good players got sold and they didn't reinvest and ultimately he got sacked.

Wouldn't say terrible!

My concern would be how long he's had out of club football. Was a different world when he was with Fulham.

We should just offer someone really ****ing good a £30m manager's contract - something they literally couldn't turn down to come and sort this entire mess out. 

I've never understood why we pay a single player £125k a week yet managers get paid peanuts in comparison. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

lol He was terrible for them and their fans hated him.

Sounds like a Leicester boss already!

Fans always hate their managers in the end. Around 95% of managers are clueless morons who don't know what they're doing, according to the fans.

Again, I'm not his agent, just chewing the fat. Who else is there who would come here mid-season to a team in the bottom three?

Nobody of any status will touch us right now.

9 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox 86 said:

Allardyce is on TalkSport at the moment. He said that Leicester ae a fantastic club, who he would love to manage, but just not at the moment.

Did wonder if we are 6 months or so too early for him. I don't think he will get a much better club than ours tbh so I guess he just isn't ready yet to throw himself back into club management. I'm relieved in a way as yes he would keep us up, but at the cost of some bloody awful football no doubt. 

I'll be so gutted if we end up with Pardew or Coleman. 

Apart from Tuchel who may not even be interested and is also a gamble... I'm concerned that there aren't many decent options out there.

Maybe Dyche is emerging as the best option :dry: 

1 minute ago, Wdywd said:

His most notable managerial achievement outside of Wales is when he pretended he was late for a press conference because his dishwasher flooded when he'd actually been out on the piss

Yeah but did you see the picture of his missus?

Swings and roundabouts.

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

He finished 9th first season and then all their good players got sold and they didn't reinvest and ultimately he got sacked.

Wouldn't say terrible!

My concern would be how long he's had out of club football. Was a different world when he was with Fulham.

It was 2007!!

Not exactly the olden days of Jimmy Hill as Outside Right now was it! :D 

11 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Wouldn't say terrible!

Honestly I had a mate who supported Fulham and I went to watch them with him. They hated him for a long time and wanted him out. Who did he proceed in that first season? Could be that he was left with a decent squad.

Just now, Fox Ulike said:

Would be surprised if true... but yeah. Gerrim in.

£2.5m would be well worth it.

I think he is emerging as the best of the realistic candidates that could be genuinely interested.

There just aren't that many decent managers out there, so perhaps he is one of the safer choices right now. 

Can't say I would be excited by it but I think he could get us organised and away from the relegation places. 

Dyche over Coleman, Pardew!

Tuchel and Blanc less realistic. More risky but exciting appointments. 

If Dyche, Tuchel and Blanc all rule themselves out then fook knows who we will end up with :unsure:

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I think he is emerging as the best of the realistic candidates that could be genuinely interested.

There just aren't that many decent managers out there, so perhaps he is one of the safer choices right now. 

Can't say I would be excited by it but I think he could get us organised and away from the relegation places. 

Dyche over Coleman, Pardew!

Tuchel and Blanc less realistic. More risky but exciting appointments. 

If Dyche, Tuchel and Blanc all rule themselves out then fook knows who we will end up with :unsure:

I think we all know the answer to that one. The elephant in the room...

Image result for harry redknapp

Archived