Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I can't stand Dyche. His arrogance and lack of humility infuriates me. Having said that, I've met him in person, in a situation where others may have been rude or dismissive, and he seemed ok.

My concern is his style of football. It's not far off what Tony Pulis does. Dyche will claim that's because of the lack of pound notes at Burnley, but I think Eddie Howe is proof that lack of finance at a small club in the Premier League doesn't have to equate to defensive football.

Do we want a manager that is merely going to organise us and keep us up consistently? Is that going to inject some life into what has become a deflated and flat fan base? No. It won't.

We don't expect to achieve great things again, but we need a manager that at least makes us believe there is a chance. After winning the league, appointing a Dyche or an Allardyce isn't going to reinvigorate this club.

Bournemouth play attractive football but have you looked at the league table? 

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I can't stand Dyche. His arrogance and lack of humility infuriates me. Having said that, I've met him in person, in a situation where others may have been rude or dismissive, and he seemed ok.

My concern is his style of football. It's not far off what Tony Pulis does. Dyche will claim that's because of the lack of pound notes at Burnley, but I think Eddie Howe is proof that lack of finance at a small club in the Premier League doesn't have to equate to defensive football.

Do we want a manager that is merely going to organise us and keep us up consistently? Is that going to inject some life into what has become a deflated and flat fan base? No. It won't.

We don't expect to achieve great things again, but we need a manager that at least makes us believe there is a chance. After winning the league, appointing a Dyche or an Allardyce isn't going to reinvigorate this club.

Bournemouth have a pretty big net spend since promotion last time I looked.

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

We are 8 matches in. Bournemouth will be fine, as they have been for the last few seasons.

Howe would be my choice of up and coming play attractive football type managers

Tuchel or Wagner or Ancelotti ? Maybe

Rafa? Maybe

Dyche ? Ok getting desperate now. :o

or #VoteBob

Mail article suggests Allardyce, Colemand and Dyche are understood to be interested.

Tuchel and Ancelotti not keen.

We like Wagner and Silva (Which asks the question why did we not got for Silva before he went to Watford?).

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Bournemouth have a pretty big net spend since promotion last time I looked.

Seasons following promotion:

Burnley net spend = £44M.

Bournemouth net spend = £55M.

Not much in it.

My point being that Dyche has chosen that style of play, he hasn't been forced into it. If he became Leicester manager we would play a defensive, hard to beat 4-4-2 with a target man. Is that going to reinvigorate the atmosphere at the club? I don't think it will.

Chris Coleman would be a huge risk. Failed time and time again at club level.

Obviously done well at Wales, but that good work was started by Gary Speed and how much of the success is down to having one of the worlds best players?

To me he is a PFM, Proper Football Man. If he were a radio station he'd be TalkSport. The kind of manager that is becoming outdated.

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Seasons following promotion:

Burnley net spend = £44M.

Bournemouth net spend = £55M.

Not much in it.

My point being that Dyche has chosen that style of play, he hasn't been forced into it. If he became Leicester manager we would play a defensive, hard to beat 4-4-2 with a target man. Is that going to reinvigorate the atmosphere at the club? I don't think it will.

Transfermarket figures for last two seasons are Bournemouth £103m nett (more than us) and Burnley £33m.

31 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I admire a man who knows what he believes and sticks to it ?

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think there are plenty of people who need removing before our best striker gets chopped.

I don't believe we can only play one way with him, I've seen us play different ways with him the team, just not consistently.

Vardy is more of a complete player than he was the year we won the league. He's our talisman now and if you look at the type of goals he scored under Shakespeare they are completely different to the carbon copies he scored time and time again under Ranieri. He can now score one on ones, headers, volleys and other first time shots from crosses. He's more of a poacher as well and his all round game is exceptional. He's our top boy, I will be devastated when he leaves.

Allardyce is only real candidate to me.

Cannot see any other premiership manager leaving there team for us mid way through a season, and there are no standout candidates in the Championship.

No chance Tuchel or Ancelotti will be interested.

Pardew or Coleman would be awful appointments in my eyes.

Why is nobody talking about Laurent Blanc.

He is the ideal man for Leicester.

Great knowledge of the game, good man manager and knows his tactics.

Led Bordeaux (a similar club to us) to the title and then managed France and PSG. currently without a job. He's good with youngsters and also understands how to lead more experienced players.

We should throw money and our full attention at him.

I had the pleasure of teaching him for a few days a while back and he is interested in coaching in the Prem. At the time he was aiming for the vacant Chelsea position but I tried to convince him then that Leicester were a far more impressive side. I think it's possible he'd accept if the owners contacted him with conviction.

In fact when I get home I'm going to dig out his telephone number and give him a call. 

Laurent Blanc for Leicester Manager/Coach.

A couple of years ago, I would have loved Allardyce- our owners would have given him some stability, and we could have kept him here for a long-term project like when he was at Bolton.

Now, he'd be a purely short-term option which isn't what we want or need.

I can't stand Allardyce or Dyche :dry:

But both would keep us up for sure. 

Pardew, Coleman a big NO. 

Think Rafa will hang on now and hope for better owners at Newcastle.

0 chance of Ancelotti. Tuchel I think we have a slim chance and I would take a punt on him.

Be interesting to see what Big Sam says on Talksport. If he doesn't rule himself out, then I think he is nailed on tbh. 

Allardyce has said he only wants to consider an International Management position.

from wiki "Allardyce announced his departure from Crystal Palace on 23 May 2017, saying he had no intention of seeking another job, in what was interpreted as a retirement announcement.[192][193] However, on 19 July 2017, Allardyce said he would be open to an international management position, but not another club job"

1 minute ago, ultrafox said:

Allardyce has said he only wants to consider an International Management position.

from wiki "Allardyce announced his departure from Crystal Palace on 23 May 2017, saying he had no intention of seeking another job, in what was interpreted as a retirement announcement.[192][193] However, on 19 July 2017, Allardyce said he would be open to an international management position, but not another club job"

That was a few months ago, this is an attractive job and I genuinely think he would jump at the chance if offered 

Archived