Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

That was a few months ago, this is an attractive job and I genuinely think he would jump at the chance if offered 

Only if he can pick the new shirts ....................according to his comments of just now.

My money is on Chris Coleman. His stock is pretty high right now after what he achieved with Wales. I don't know what sort of football he plays though. Anyone know?

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the post by next week.

After Shakespeare I doubt the Board will wanna appoint internally again, and Coleman is practically available to come in right now.

4 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

My money is on Chris Coleman. His stock is pretty high right now after what he achieved with Wales. I don't know what sort of football he plays though. Anyone know?

After Shakespeare I doubt the Board will wanna appoint internally again, and Coleman is practically available to come in right now.

Defend and pass it to bale football..

If only Wales had beaten Ireland, we may well have tempted Martin O'Neill :rolleyes:

Then again, I would take Coleman over Allardyce. Big Sam would only be short term. Wouldnt surprise me if after joining, he leaves at the end of the season to take another "break from football". 

Coleman would be a gamble at club level but I think he has a lot to prove and would be hungry after success with Wales

Four names all unlikely but all better than Coleman

Ralph Hasenhuttl

Maurizio Sarri

Manuel Pellegrini

Carlos Queiroz

The club has two choices one, short term Allardyce appointment just to keep us up, or a longer term view even factoring in the chance of relegation to try and build some solid foundations and to develop a proper feasible youth set up where players actually develop.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Defend and pass it to bale football..

Well, that's what I would do if I were Wales manager! :)

That's good news as it shows a manager who will play a style that suits the players at his disposal, rather than trying to impose a new playing style on players who can't play it like when we appointed Paulo Souza.

On a separate note it was funny seeing Gary Megson as part of the WBA staff on Monday. I wonder what odds I'd get on him ;p

I do realise that money talks - but who in their right state of mind would want to come here? Its a bloody mad-house and needs a complete clean-out and new management with fresh eyes and a new approach to both the management and business side as well as - and most importantly the footballing side. If we just continue down the road of Allardyce and the likes things might change short term - but not long term,

Get it done now. Rid of the deadwood from players to mangement. Redo the structure and set some realistic plans and give time to achieve them.

Just now, Out Foxed said:

definitely don't want Coleman

Why not? Genuinely interested.

Young, ambituous, seems to come across well in the media. Recently successful with Wales. Can handle big name players (Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu).

Previous successful Prem experience with Fulham...

1 minute ago, Fox Ulike said:

Young, ambituous, seems to come across well in the media. Recently successful with Wales. Can handle big name players (Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu).

Hal robson Kanu lol? 

Big name..

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Four names all unlikely but all better than Coleman

Ralph Hasenhuttl

Maurizio Sarri

Manuel Pellegrini

Carlos Queiroz

The club has two choices one, short term Allardyce appointment just to keep us up, or a longer term view even factoring in the chance of relegation to try and build some solid foundations and to develop a proper feasible youth set up where players actually develop.

I'd say those 2 are far more than 'unlikely'... If I was Sarri I'd definately leave Napoli right now :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, MikeParsons said:

West Ham hounded Allardyce out because no amount of relative success was worth the pain of watching their team play football that dull week in week out

A sobering thought if he were to become our next manager :(

3 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

This is a lampoon isn't it. A simple lampoon

16 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

His contract is until next summer with Wales. Compo would be needed. I think one look at his club record, and owners will be put off. 

Honestly starting to think they'll turn to Pearson after probably 2/3 weeks of Appleton as caretaker when the penny drops that we're not as prosperous a job as those within the club think we are - which is entirely self-inflicted.

4 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Hal robson Kanu lol? 

Big name..

It was a joke. Robson-Kanu is a double-barrelled name. So there's a double-meaning there on the phrase "a big name" - meaning a person of considerable fame, and a name with a lot of letters, or in this instance, double-barrelled.  It's a cheeky play-on-words, which I hope that you and others will enjoy.  :)

3 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

This is a lampoon isn't it. A simple lampoon

You mean my 'big name' joke, or the whole thing about Coleman?

I mean, why not? I'm not saying I'd be blown away by the appointment, merely pointing out the likelihood that he's going to get the job...

Who's actually better than him who is going to come here? Steve McClaren?  What's Sven up to these days?

11 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

lol He was terrible for them and their fans hated him.

Archived