Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

12 minutes ago, 4fuxsake said:

Ok, Let me put a wild one out there.

Would you take arsene wenger. We know arse fans dont want him.

the most hypothetical question ever ...................................

dyche's agent is salivating at the moment as he negotiates yet another pay rise at burnley for his client. he would come here but with the 2.5m compensation cost plus his salary (which will be significant if we want him) I have a feeling we may not see him through as a candidate 

Dyche is extremely well organised, even down to individual training plans, preparation and sport science per player. He is clearly very well organised on the pitch with tactics and his team can play football.

Dare I ask any doubters to watch the Burnley goal in their win at Everton a few weeks back.  Something like 26 passes before scoring. Quality move.

The guy's "market value" as a Manager is high and rising all the time.. Lives locally, so why wouldn't he work with us? His ambition matches ours.....

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

the most hypothetical question ever ...................................

dyche's agent is salivating at the moment as he negotiates yet another pay rise at burnley for his client. he would come here but with the 2.5m compensation cost plus his salary (which will be significant if we want him) I have a feeling we may not see him through as a candidate 

2.5million in this day an age where we have a 25million pound signings warming our bench is not a lot at all. Don't think the owners will batter an eyelid at 2.5million.

As for his wages. Still be one of the better valued ones out there. Imagine what Mancini would have asked for. I hear we were paying Shakey 3 million a year :huh:

Breaking fazzyfox news and insight:- I see that Oldham are panicking at our news and look set to offer Richie Wellens the permanant job (he has been caretaker manager) before we get that far down the list. The return of "Blame Wellens" will have to wait! You read it here first. It WON'T be Wellens. 

I met Dyche in the posh boxes at the Kasabian gig on the Sunday night (KP). Got the obligatory picture and I remember when I asked him would he like to manage a bigger club than Burnley one day, he was very diplomatic in his first response, but did end the conversation with "you never know, that's football for you".  He said it whilst deliberately looking up and around the room implying one day at a club like ours.  

He's a massive Kasabian fan, so maybe be its meant to be lol

4 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

I think this guy could be worth a sneaky bet...Slaviša Jokanović. 

Currently at Fulham, but has done well everywhere he's been - including winning the Thai league.

Fulham are utterly fantastic to watch.

They play such beautiful football.

4 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

I think this guy could be worth a sneaky bet...Slaviša Jokanović. 

Currently at Fulham, but has done well everywhere he's been - including winning the Thai league.

Has his own suit that fits too.....

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

2.5million in this day an age where we have a 25million pound signings warming our bench is not a lot at all. Don't think the owners will batter an eyelid at 2.5million.

As for his wages. Still be one of the better valued ones out there. Imagine what Mancini would have asked for. I hear we were paying Shakey 3 million a year :huh:

that's cobblers as far as I am aware. could be the total over the three years of his deal plus v decent incentives. the owners would have been very conscious that it may go wrong quite quickly.

Although I was starting to lose patience it’s CS, every time we sack a manager I always think to myself “realistically, what’s next?” and it’s always the same old story.....

Big names get mentioned that we honestly have no hope of attracting (Mancini, Klopp, this time Ancelotti....)

Then the ones that people are divided on, but who could actually do a job, rule themselves out (MON’s return, Tuchel, Big Sam...... Dyche????)

Then reality dawns on people that the people that are actually interested are dross (Hodgson, Coleman, Pardew.......)

So panic sets in with us fans, followed by a twist being appointed that no-one expects (Sven, Pearsons return, Ranieiri).

I’m expecting an appointment that has hardly been mentioned at all so far (no clue who!), but I honestly think it could be someone totally out of left field.

Hold onto your hats guys!!!

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Need someone with no link to the current setup at all.. they need to come in and not be scared to change the current tactics and players. Someone whos willing to give the players like Gray and Dragovic a chance etc.

How depressing would it be if whoever comes in starts 4-4-2 with King :unsure:

Would like to see Gray and Dragovic too. I think Wes has been solid this season but can't help think we might be missing out on having Dragovic and some more composure at the back to help us play out from the back more. 

Would love whoever comes in to go straight in with a change of formation. It might not work, but at least it shows that he has his own ideas and won't be led by what the player's prefer. Even a 4-3-3 would get a thumbs up from me, although a 3-5-2 would help us get Slimani on the pitch as well

If we end up with someone 'disappointing' it will make Shakespeare's appointment in the summer look even worse.

Horrendous decision that could cost us big time, and I knew it was a mistake at the time.

That sort of decision making doesn't fill one with confidence.

Archived