Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

I think as the board have moved so swiftly they obviously want to get someone in to build quickly to make a European go of it this year as oppose to the traditional Christmas time 'damage limitation' strategy which immediately rules out Big Sam, not that I have an issue with him.  Business wise, to continue our profile internally and in Malaysia I believe they will want an international big name who has enough experience and time to get better quality out of international class players over the next 3 months to have a good idea of what he'll need come the Jan transfer window so that rules out Coleman, Dyche and 'long term project man' Howe.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez here.  Who knows how long it will be before Mike Ashley does sell the club (if he decides to go through with it) and with a squad such as ours and money there he may find it appealing.  Would love to see Ancelotti but he may consider it a step down.  Wouldn't rule out Pelegrini or Mancini, someone of that ilk but in general would hope it would be Benitez or Ancelotti.

Didn't Dyche recently turn down a 5 year contract at Burnley, opting for a one year rolling contract?  That tells me that he is open to having his head turned.

We would tick a lot of boxes for Dyche, both professionally and personally.

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Go back to Sporting and try to get Jorge Jesus, Dyche won't have a clue what to do with Silva come January he's used to plodders.

He's never really had the chance to work with the Quality of Adrien Silva tbf. We still have a fair few plodders of our own to give a fresh kick up the arse

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Go back to Sporting and try to get Jorge Jesus, Dyche won't have a clue what to do with Silva come January he's used to plodders.

Steven Defour albeit not as good as Silva, is still a play maker CM who he signed for exactly that reason. 

He's limited by his budget so I think it's harsh to suggest he won't know what to do with creative players. 

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

Interestingly, Dyche's Coaching team at Burnley is Ian Woan (ex-Forest of course) and Tony Loughlin - who is an ex-City trainee and ex-City Youth Team Coach.  He only left ius in 2011.

I think there will be a lot of positives for Dyche moving here so I wouldn't be surprised if he was keen. 

Equally, he has had a fantastic start with Burnley and probably knows he will be backed there no matter what (as proven by last time they were relegated). If he comes here, 10 games in, he could be on his way quite easily with our ambitious owners. 

He's emerging as not an exciting choice but probably the smartest and safest option, with a chance that with better players and more money, he can himself jump up a level.

20 minutes ago, pds said:

First team coach - Tony Loughlan? He used to be part of our Academy staff also.

Yep, scored a wonder goal for F****t that was on MOTD titles for a season. His dad (ex-player) ran the Turnstile for a while. Dead nice lad was Tony. 

2 hours ago, Fox Ulike said:

My money is on Chris Coleman. His stock is pretty high right now after what he achieved with Wales. I don't know what sort of football he plays though. Anyone know?

Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the post by next week.

After Shakespeare I doubt the Board will wanna appoint internally again, and Coleman is practically available to come in right now.

Only good thing about Coleman would be the fact Kingy would start every game and wind up everyone on here lol 

11 minutes ago, evil jack said:

Well, it's a more realistic proposition than Ancelotti.

Slightly.

No it isn't really. Simeone is a god at Madrid and his credencies would arguably allow him to walk into any big club on this planet. Why would he come to this nuthouse?

I don't believe one bit in the Ancelotti job though.

With the names denying us and the onea still being passed around having no manager sounds just as good an option.

Seeing as king has won it all for us  might as well give him the player manager role and lets win the league this year. Win every remaining game and its ours!

35 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

If they are going to spend money on getting a top manager in then lets do it right and go and get Diego Simeone, and pay him whatever he wants and give him a truck load of cash to spend in January.

Decent banter mate, a few people seem to think you're being serious.

No one will touch us with a barge pole yet some think we have a chance of getting simeone lol 

The reality is, I doubt any manager from a PL club would come to us. 

We really are limited in choice, we're probably stuck with candidates who will come forward for the job and that list isn't pretty.

Archived