Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Nothing stops us trying for Silva , he is only on a two year deal and based on recent seasons unless he does something spectacular at Watford this season he stands half a chance of getting the sack after 1 year.

Our track record with signing Silvas isn't great

Apologies if it's been mentioned but this thread's already 25 pages long and frankly it bears repeating anyway but

w  h  y      i  s      t  h  i  s      g  u  y      o  f  f      t  h  e      l  i  s  t  ?  ?  ?  ?  :

preki-hire-960.jpg?itok=wDvqbCBK

I don’t see anyone currently in a job with a premier league team coming to us. We’re not that big a step up from even the likes of Burnley when we look how we do right now. 

It’ll be a choice of Allardyce, Padrew, Moyes, Coleman, Redknapp, maybe Giggs, maybe Lennon etc etc :blush:

Please god make this not be completely painful :(

I thibk a lot of people are aiming unrealistically high (Ancelotti), but on the other hand we do have some things going for us:

- five decent strikers (Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa) all capable of double figures in the Prem and probably in the 15-20 if they were playing regularly;

- a recent POTY on the wings, an exciting young talent in Gray and a good solid Prem player in Albrighton;

- reasonable midfield strength (Iborra, Ndidi, James) with Silva coming in January;

- some good quality and fair amount of depth in defence (Maguire, Fuchs, Chilwell, Morgan, Simpson, Huth, Dragovic);

- a quality Prem goalkeeper and a couple of backups. 

As has been said, that is probably our strongest ever squad - even with a couple of losses, it's still mostly the title-winning team plus some theoretically stronger additions. The right manager should be able to make something out of that, certainly challenging in the top half and arguably the quality is there to push for a European place. Tactical naivety has failed us so far this season. 

4 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I thibk a lot of people are aiming unrealistically high (Ancelotti), but on the other hand we do have some things going for us:

- five decent strikers (Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani, Okazaki, Ulloa) all capable of double figures in the Prem and probably in the 15-20 if they were playing regularly;

- a recent POTY on the wings, an exciting young talent in Gray and a good solid Prem player in Albrighton;

- reasonable midfield strength (Iborra, Ndidi, James) with Silva coming in January;

- some good quality and fair amount of depth in defence (Maguire, Fuchs, Chilwell, Morgan, Simpson, Huth, Dragovic);

- a quality Prem goalkeeper and a couple of backups. 

As has been said, that is probably our strongest ever squad - even with a couple of losses, it's still mostly the title-winning team plus some theoretically stronger additions. The right manager should be able to make something out of that, certainly challenging in the top half and arguably the quality is there to push for a European place. Tactical naivety has failed us so far this season. 

Wow, you sure put a lot of lipstick on that pig... not sure who’ll kiss it though... 

A few papers reporting this apparently. This headline from the Express

Leicester City prepare offer for Burnley boss Sean Dyche after sacking Craig Shakespeare

LEICESTER CITY are ready to make Burnley manager Sean Dyche an offer he cannot refuse.

By GRAHAM READ

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

Is there a chance in hell we could get Tuchel? Someone tell me no so I can stop thinking about it ?

It’s a big chance.

edit: why not? We have an appealing squad, as soon as the right manager comes in just see how we can play, we need the high press IMO! 

I wouldn’t be completely opposed to having Dyche. Can’t stand him as a bloke and his voice will no doubt grate on me but he has done a good job with a rubbish Burnley side. 

Definitely not my first choice but him you’d have to put above Pardew and Coleman

I actually think dyche is also a risk. We have transitioned from a squad of journeymen with a fair sprinkling of quality to a disfunctional squad with no shortage of ability but a distinct lack of direction. To me, dyche is more of a Pearson and I'm not convinced many of the squad would give him the respect he needs to be able to sort out the dressing room without the potential for a season long relegation fight whilst the power struggle goes on between personalities and manager. 

No one seems to be talking about Brendan Rogers. He would be a top quality appointment and why wouldn’t he come to us?! He’s done everything he can with Celtic. They’re the Galaticos of the SPL and no one competes with them. The only thing that might stop him coming is the fact that he still as the Champions League to compete for (although they’re just going to get knocked out of the group so might as well leave) 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I actually think dyche is also a risk. We have transitioned from a squad of journeymen with a fair sprinkling of quality to a disfunctional squad with no shortage of ability but a distinct lack of direction. To me, dyche is more of a Pearson and I'm not convinced many of the squad would give him the respect he needs to be able to sort out the dressing room without the potential for a season long relegation fight whilst the power struggle goes on between personalities and manager. 

Totally agree. Crying out for a Mancini or Ancelotti. Neither would take any s**t from any quarter and should command the respect of most if not all of our squad from day one imo. Just not convinced we could tempt either of them to come to little old Leicester, but it would certainly send out a message of intent to the rest of the prem and potential signings. I live in hope.

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Good thinking. Dyche maybe has a small club mentality too. Do his credentials match our ambition, and would he be comfortable with handling higher levels of spending?

People talk about stability but is that good enough? 

People on here will be be quick to say manager out if we're not challenging for the top 8. 

Not sure about Dyche, there are a lot of positives but there is something telling me he'd find it difficult outside of Burnley. 

43 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

No one seems to be talking about Brendan Rogers. He would be a top quality appointment and why wouldn’t he come to us?! He’s done everything he can with Celtic. They’re the Galaticos of the SPL and no one competes with them. The only thing that might stop him coming is the fact that he still as the Champions League to compete for (although they’re just going to get knocked out of the group so might as well leave) 

Personally think he’s nailed on to replace Wenger. At the very least he’ll hold out for something in the top 6 or abroad 

56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

41 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Totally agree. Crying out for a Mancini or Ancelotti. Neither would take any s**t from any quarter and should command the respect of most if not all of our squad from day one imo. Just not convinced we could tempt either of them to come to little old Leicester, but it would certainly send out a message of intent to the rest of the prem and potential signings. I live in hope.

God it reads a bit like what people were saying when we sacked Sven after he'd managed to screw up Pearsons first squad with a load of average but expensive "names".

Turned out then that what we needed was very much "another Pearson", or THE Pearson as it were.

I was previously very much for Dyche, I felt he fit the club perfectly. But having witnessed the attitude on here the last year or so I'm just not sure now because he just won't be given time. Those pointing to Burnely's results every five minutes this season will be the ones moaning about the shit football and creating a toxic atmosphere again if he was doing it here.

Archived