Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Seeing as allardyce has a relationship with shakey, I’m not sure he would come on the rebound to this sacking 

Of course he would, managers see that sort of stuff as part of the game.

I don't want Allardyce though as he only offers stability and nothing going forward.

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Sky Source say Pardew is interested in talking to Leicester...........**** OFF SHOOT ME NOW LET ME BLEED OUT. 

They appointed the last bloke from outside who said he wanted the job as well.

There's some big decisions to be made. We need a strong character with experience that knows what's needed in the Premier league. This isn't a time for a risky appointment that could unsettle everything (especially the changing room) further.

We need stability and know how to calm everything down & control this whole situation or else it could spiral out of control.

It might be an unpopular decision with some fans but for me Big Sam is whats needed. It's a no risk appointment with proven record & can be trusted to sort this mess out 

This season's a write off already for me and the only thing that matters is survival. Big Sam I think. He only seems to want to hang around for a season anyway, so gives time for a rethink next summer.

Can't see any of the bigger names suggested wanting to come at the moment with the club in such disarray.

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

There's some big decisions to be made. We need a strong character with experience that knows what's needed in the Premier league. This isn't a time for a risky appointment that could unsettle everything (especially the changing room) further.

We need stability and know how to calm everything down & control this whole situation or else it could spiral out of control.

It might be an unpopular decision with some fans but for me Big Sam is whats needed. It's a no risk appointment with proven record & can be trusted to sort this mess out 

He doesnt leave clubs in a stable situation, its all about him. Add to that he got shown up in the England job to be a fool and willing to divulge private info for his own gain.

What are the odds of snatching another Premier League manager, if you'd know?

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

He may or may not be a great manager but to judge him as a failure at an age where most mangers have not even started yet is maybe a little hasty.  He was about 33 when he was at Burnley.  I think he has potential but he plays a very different style to what he currently have so may not be a good fit but certainly not a failure. X

I didn't say he was a failure per se, I said he failed - there's a difference. I think he is much higher risk than many of the other options that might be available - Big Sam (can't argue with his record and he's not all hoofball), Benitez...

I was behind Shakey getting the job full time, and believe he deserved a crack. But I can't help thinking we missed a trick not getting Marco Silva in back in the summer 

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

It's not that big a mess that we need a troubleshooter to sort things out.

We're two points from safety after a tough start and I still believe we have one of the best squads in the league outside the top six clubs. Shakey was sacked for the performances not the results.

I'd hope we don't panic and bring in someone like Allardyce just to consolidate us, I want the club to keep being progressive and not write off the season just so we can consolidate again.

16 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Chris Wilder for me

Call me mad but i don't think we could attract him lol (good shout though!)

Sheff Utd supporter - managing his club - will no doubt feel he can get them into the Prem, i doubt he'd leave that at this moment

(Marco Silva was bad timing for us as he's got that auroa of special)

1 minute ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Call me mad but i don't think we could attract him lol (good shout though!)

Sheff Utd supporter - managing his club - will no doubt feel he can get them into the Prem, i doubt he'd leave that at this moment

(Marco Silva was bad timing for us as he's got that auroa of special)

Jesus Chris Wilder? Rather we just kept Shakey. His departure was about aiming high and having ambition surely?!

Peter Taylor is out of work while we're at it!

2 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

Jesus Chris Wilder? Rather we just kept Shakey. His departure was about aiming high and having ambition surely?!

Peter Taylor is out of work while we're at it!

I think what Wilder as done deserves better recognition than that,he’s on for his 3rd straight promotion is he not? From league 2 to premier league,not to be sniffed at.

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's not that big a mess that we need a troubleshooter to sort things out.

We're two points from safety after a tough start and I still believe we have one of the best squads in the league outside the top six clubs. Shakey was sacked for the performances not the results.

I'd hope we don't panic and bring in someone like Allardyce just to consolidate us, I want the club to keep being progressive and not write off the season just so we can consolidate again.

Totally agree with you about being progressive but that's not what's needed in the current situation. After winning the league we're now in a transitional stage that needs to be managed properly.

It's too risky to appoint someone with little Prem experience & especially one that's not used to dealing with an English dressing. 

We've got a good squad of players but they need to be managed properly & not try to change things too quickly. We need to go back to basics & be sensible & for me Big Sam ticks all those boxes 

The more I think about it, the more I think we should put in a serious approach to Laurent Blanc. 

Been out of work a while, must surely fancy a crack at the PL.... I honestly don't think he's out of our reach.

Have to say, Big Sam is probably the most sensible appointment for us at this moment in time of all the options available. Not sure what his situation is right now whether he wants back in or not.

I'd also be looking at Dyche but doubt he'd leave mid season.

42 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The more I think about it, the more I think we should put in a serious approach to Laurent Blanc. 

Been out of work a while, must surely fancy a crack at the PL.... I honestly don't think he's out of our reach.

Ooh I like that suggestion.

He would command the respect of the players instantly too.

2 hours ago, DrezZone said:

I was always opposed to sacking Ranieri. I wanted Marco Silva to be manager instead of Milkshake.

Nothing stops us trying for Silva , he is only on a two year deal and based on recent seasons unless he does something spectacular at Watford this season he stands half a chance of getting the sack after 1 year.

22 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Nothing stops us trying for Silva , he is only on a two year deal and based on recent seasons unless he does something spectacular at Watford this season he stands half a chance of getting the sack after 1 year.

Track record of our managers and tenure is hardly glorious at the moment either! 

Archived