Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/13/sean-dyche-englands-diego-simeone/

Interesting read. I really want to get away from 4-4-bloody 2 though! 

A 4-4-2 works if you utilise your personnel correctly.

We haven't been doing that.

We've got the flattest of flat back 4s, too many defensive midfielders and too many strikers that want to be number 9s.

You need the strikers to drop deeper, you need the midfielders to push forward, you need the fullbacks to overlap, you need the wingers to be able to tuck in when needed... we've not been doing any of those.

Plenty of our players need to take a long hard look at themselves though.

19 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

It was 2007!!

Not exactly the olden days of Jimmy Hill as Outside Right now was it! :D 

Thaksin Shinawatra owned Man City and Sven was their manager...... 

3 minutes ago, JP the Fox said:

Anyone mentioned the chance of Brendan Rogers coming in? I know it'd be shite but plausable.

I know Celtic have Champions league but he keeps pining for a prem job again.

He's either nailed on for a return to Chelsea or stepping into Wengers shoes in my opinion. He's gone away and done his time proving himself. He's earned a top 4 job IMHO  either that or he'll go to Germany/Italy/Spain

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

A 4-4-2 works if you utilise your personnel correctly.

We haven't been doing that.

We've got the flattest of flat back 4s, too many defensive midfielders and too many strikers that want to be number 9s.

You need the strikers to drop deeper, you need the midfielders to push forward, you need the fullbacks to overlap, you need the wingers to be able to tuck in when needed... we've not been doing any of those.

Plenty of our players need to take a long hard look at themselves though.

Spot on there. I'm looking forward to having full backs that actually overlap! 

Apart from having to listen to his horrific voice.. I'm warming to having Dyche here, especially as there seems to be little else out there. 

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Interesting

At present, Dyche splits his time between Lancashire and Northampton, where he has laid down family roots.

Geographically, a move to the Foxes would suit Dyche; Northampton is less than an hour's drive away from Leicester.

Thought he lived close to the border so the poor Fvcker has probably only got a moped. Looks to be the best realistic shout, he would take no shite off Radio Leicester or the players and could actually faint when the transfer kitty comes out in Jan.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Brendan Rodgers is within our reach. We will ship in shed load of goals but we will score a lot as well and finish anywhere between 7th and 13th. 

We will double his wages and he will get a decent PL club.  Not much else he can do at Celtic. 

This would fit my remit. 

Im sick of defensive boring ⚽️ 

He'd become our gravel-voiced cvnt that everyone else loves to hate.

I can deal with that.

The media love to bum him as well. 

I also quite like how active and irate he gets out in the technical area - we've not had a horrible **** manager shouting at people from the touchline since Pearson. 

The more I think about it the more I think Dyche could do a job here right now.

Yes, it'd still be 4-4-2 but it'd be solid, organised and everyone would know what their job was.

Our players have looked like uninterested headless chickens for nearly 2 seasons now - someone needs to pull their head out of the sky and Dyche could do that. 

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

He'd become our gravel-voiced cvnt that everyone else loves to hate.

I can deal with that.

The media love to bum him as well. 

I also quite like how active and irate he gets out in the technical area - we've not had a horrible **** manager shouting at people from the touchline since Pearson. 

The more I think about it the more I think Dyche could do a job here right now.

Yes, it'd still be 4-4-2 but it'd be solid, organised and everyone would know what their job was.

Our players have looked like uninterested headless chickens for nearly 2 seasons now - someone needs to pull their head out of the sky and Dyche could do that. 

Haven't Burnley adopted a 451 this season? Might be mistaken be looking at their team it seemed like 1 up top.

Just now, Babylon said:

Haven't Burnley adopted a 451 this season? Might be mistaken be looking at their team it seemed like 1 up top.

Maybe dude, I've not been watching that closely. Just assumed it was still 442.

Do you think Dyche has any other formations in his locker maybe but feels limited by personnel? 

2 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I think the owners are going to try to go big.  Really big.  Whether they succeed is another issue.  I suspect Ancelotti.  

Maybe - Ancelotti may have wanted a longer break following Bayern. 

It would be a coup and the concerns would be managing at our level is very different to managing a super club, plus is his heart really in it or is it a money factor? 

But you’ve got to give it a go and get knocked back given the owners aspirations. 

On Brendan - I wouldn’t be keen. He’s not beating much up there and getting managers in from Scotland hasn’t exactly gone well in the past. Not convinced he’s lost the egotistical mind trips he can get himself in either.

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

On Brendan - I wouldn’t be keen. He’s not beating much up there and getting managers in from Scotland hasn’t exactly gone well in the past. Not convinced he’s lost the egotistical mind trips he can get himself in either.

He also has like the WORST chapped lips.

I'd probably wait for him by the team bus and pretend to ask him to sign something but hand him a little ChapStick instead of a pen and say quietly 'use this on your lips, they are very chapped'. 

I assume he doesn't know what lip-balm is.  

Only concern with Dyche is if he is another Howe, where he is completely settled, and just fits the club’s persona. 

He does seem to think and adjust tactics and his teams work very hard and are organised, so that’s a plus. I think we’ve all been 442’d to death, so anything seems better at the moment. Dyche has built a team that knows his system. Not saying our players can’t do that but I just think that we currently don’t have the personnel to play that system. We have lots of players that like to play in similar positions, very odd recruitment strategy, and lots of players we bought also seem to fit 4231 or 433 as opposed to 442

Just now, Babylon said:

Nothing wrong with 442 used correctly.

Agreed. I just don't think it gets the best out of some of our better players and also means it's difficult to integrate others. 

Mahrez for example (without Kante) as a winger in a rigid 4-4-2 just seems too exposed defensively, as well as often being tied down to getting back and so is receiving the ball far too deep in our half to do what he is best at and do any meaningful damage. 

Other than Chilwell, we don't have full-backs that are effective or capable of overlapping.

We have 3 top strikers in Vardy, Slimani and Iheanacho, but seem incapable of having them play together or to their strengths. 

We also don't have any real creative flair in the centre and that won't change until the window reopens. In a 4-4-2, you really need one of the CM's to dictate the play and be comfortable on the ball and bringing it out.

I have no doubt that 4-4-2 can work, I just believe that we have some very good players who simply don't suit that system. 

Archived