Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

On Saturday, October 07, 2017 at 21:50, Bob Weasel Fox said:

You want Craig Shakespeare to replace Craig Shakespeare?

that would be total madness I mean if we sack Shakey and then give him a bumper new contract it will cost the club millions ?

:o

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that's cobblers as far as I am aware. could be the total over the three years of his deal plus v decent incentives. the owners would have been very conscious that it may go wrong quite quickly.

http://tsmsportz.com/football/premier-league-managers-salaries/

Craig Shakespeare £3 Million £58,000 Leicester City 2017-19

Sean Dick would be a sideways step. If we want to progress we collectively need to put away these security blankets. If the owners want to genuinely move forward then a top manager and a wedge in January is essential. Forget Sean Dick and Sam the Big man. 

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Sean Dick would be a sideways step. If we want to progress we collectively need to put away these security blankets. If the owners want to genuinely move forward then a top manager and a wedge in January is essential. Forget Sean Dick and Sam the Big man. 

Who? It's alright saying we want a top manager but who will come here? Tuchel has turned us down and would prefer to sit around than come here. Ancelotti probably won't even batter an eyelid at us. Top managers want top clubs. They're already filthy rich so throwing money at them doesn't work either. 

We are in the bottom 3 and have owners who are known to sack a manager. Can't see any "top" manager coming anywhere near us. Hardly any available either.

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

http://tsmsportz.com/football/premier-league-managers-salaries/

Craig Shakespeare £3 Million £58,000 Leicester City 2017-19

Interesting to see Howe sitting at the bottom there on 500k. I would prefer him over Dyche tbh. He might feel now is a good time to get out too as Bournemouth have started poorly. If he gets relegated with them, then his stock will drop quickly. 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

And therein Stu lies our problem. You’re showing the lack of ambition that has lead us down this pathetic path. 

Money does talk and there are TOP managers out there who may well be lured if the package is right. 

Still waiting for your suggestions? a TOP manager(s) please who will just need a hefty wedge to agree to join us :thumbup:

Here’s my oddball list of managers that could end up being in the frame, make of it what you will........

Aitor Karanka

Steve Bruce

Gary Rowett

Guus Hiddink

Carlos Carvalhal

Garry Monk

I think a couple of these are the ones that are more likely to come to the fore in the next few days, when Dyche rules himself out.

38 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

I think this guy could be worth a sneaky bet...Slaviša Jokanović. 

Currently at Fulham, but has done well everywhere he's been - including winning the Thai league.

Agreed, I suggested him when we got rid of Ranieri and we're stalling over Shakespeare. He's got all the makings of a fantastic manager. I'd welcome the appointment. 

Top proven managers won't come to Leicester, stop being delusional.

People available to us as those at smaller overperforming clubs at our level, out of work (for being crap) managers, or someone from lower/foreign leagues who are unproven here but fancy a crack in England and aren't already at a decent club.

Top managers is the sense of top quality, proven almost guaranteed good appointment managers don't tend to fall into those categories.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Can't believe that for one second, coach to manager with zero track record. All guess work as figures aren't released.

Claudio was apparently on 1.5 Million before the title win. So getting a bumper contract to 3 million would make sense and I guess Shakey asked for the same terms. Bare in mind, we went on that impressive run straight after Shakey took over. I think looking at that list, it is unlikely, but then again, it is still only 58k a week, which when you consider what Vardy and a few others are getting, it might not be that of a stretch to believe. The owners have certainly never been tight with their money.

With the owners wealth though and seeing how Stoke, West Ham and Palace are all paying their managers over 2 million, then I would have thought our owners would be certainly comfortable paying someone around the 3 million mark. Whether Shakey got that, who knows. Claudio probably did though after the title win. 

Dyche and Howe should really be using us to get a new deal at least. They are well behind the others and doing a better job in some cases. 

After reading some posts on twitter and other reports in the press it seems as if there are two main candidates for the job as Ancelotti has said he wants a time off Big Sam wants a bumper pay day in the good old USofA and Mancini has said no, so it looks as if the two candidates that seem to be on the forefront are Chris Coleman who’s left the Welsh job and Sean Dyche who commutes from Northampton on a regular basis from his family Home to Blurlnley Lancashire!

After reading some articles it seems he’s actually mentioned he’s interested for two reasons 1 Leicester’s only about 45min away and he also thinks we are a better prospect and a more ambitious club than Blurnley !!

Really hoping the owners sit down and have long hard thoughts about who to put in the hot seat and really hoping Rudkin Fuchs off And has no input whatsoever in choosing the right man for the job, Infact I just wish Rudkin would take his useless incompetent Arse and FUCH off right out of Leicester City FC with Appleton’s Boot up his sad Ass !!

4 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Surely no Leicester manager is getting paid 58k a week.

Jokanovic is a decent shout tbf

Roy Hodgson is too apparently :blink:

Although tbf, not that hard to believe when 58k is probably the average player wage of most mid table clubs now 

As the boss, you don't really want to be paid much below all the players. 

My concern  , is how the owners are going to approach the business in hand.

Are they going to outsource the search, then take it on only when a short-list is presented.

Will they be out of Europe believing Skype or other distant communications will suffice.

IMO, we need them to get their hands dirty,and a commited European presence .

I have no confidence in the board because the dawdling

and non commitment dealing with CS appointment. The negative come from past observations, and

Allowing a complete decimation of what NP built up, and destruction of everything good he set up.

I wouldnt be too set back if NP returned, but I would like to see a descision on a manager who can

take us again that next step further, and then hold and stabilise...

One thing we have to realise...We have returned to being just an average club, so we need someone c with

a long time vision..5yrs plus, who is prepared to rebuild, with good, but not top financial clout.

We aint a Man.city, and cant afford to throw mangagers about until we find a good one, plus a large pool of

quality, after the top 14-15 players we cant carry.So youth needs to be motivated..

We need instant small-time success, waiting until January cant be an option.

I hope the bosses, took it on themselves to meet with Appleton, telling him of

still wanting to realise positive targets, not to allow any dispirited drudgery....

3 hours ago, Fox Ulike said:

Why not? Genuinely interested.

Young, ambituous, seems to come across well in the media. Recently successful with Wales. Can handle big name players (Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu).

Previous successful Prem experience with Fulham...

Just finished 3rd in a truly crap group for the World Cup, these days it's easier to qualify than not for major tournaments.Had a lucky run in the Euros,even p*** poor England beat them for gods sake, track record at club level is poor but apart from that really fits the bill.

52 minutes ago, Ecdysiast said:

I think this guy could be worth a sneaky bet...Slaviša Jokanović. 

Currently at Fulham, but has done well everywhere he's been - including winning the Thai league.

Won the Thai League, i'm surprised he's not here already. I'll lump sum money on him.

Archived