Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

Too much work time wasted lately watching for news on Transfer Deadline Day, then waiting to see if we had Silva, then the appeal result and now looking out to see who our new manager is.

I never expected us to win the league again but I expected us to take the opportunity to at least consolidate an upper mid-table finish for a few years.

Sadly we've missed that opportunity and seem to be a shambles.

All aboard the rollercoaster lads and lasses.

Come on you Foxes!!! :scarf:

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

God it reads a bit like what people were saying when we sacked Sven after he'd managed to screw up Pearsons first squad with a load of average but expensive "names".

Turned out then that what we needed was very much "another Pearson", or THE Pearson as it were.

I was previously very much for Dyche, I felt he fit the club perfectly. But having witnessed the attitude on here the last year or so I'm just not sure now because he just won't be given time. Those pointing to Burnely's results every five minutes this season will be the ones moaning about the shit football and creating a toxic atmosphere again if he was doing it here.

After Sven, we had names but not much quality - we have a good squad with some very decent players. It’s not the same thing babs though the dressing room clearly needs to be addressed - what was once our core strength has perhaps become our big problem now ..........

3 hours ago, Wizerud said:

I don’t see anyone currently in a job with a premier league team coming to us. We’re not that big a step up from even the likes of Burnley when we look how we do right now. 

It’ll be a choice of Allardyce, Padrew, Moyes, Coleman, Redknapp, maybe Giggs, maybe Lennon etc etc :blush:

Please god make this not be completely painful :(

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be interested in any of these clowns ( ok fat Sam is less of a clown than the others but still no)

Aaaaaarrrggghhh I can't work out whether Dyche would be a good appointment. What he's done at Burnley is admirable and he'll be around at this level for a while I think but what is it we actually want from a manager. He's got to be comfortable with dealing with some fairly big name players, his recruitment at Burnley shows a distinct lack of flair as well. But then again he understands how to harness a proper team and way of playing.

Hmmmmmmm not sure. Certainly rather have him than Allardyce or Pardew but in reality I want someone who's got a bit more class and who might be able to persuade the owners to buy in to their vision and make some changes to poltis's like Rudkin.

9 hours ago, Albert said:

There's some big decisions to be made. We need a strong character with experience that knows what's needed in the Premier league. This isn't a time for a risky appointment that could unsettle everything (especially the changing room) further.

We need stability and know how to calm everything down & control this whole situation or else it could spiral out of control.

It might be an unpopular decision with some fans but for me Big Sam is whats needed. It's a no risk appointment with proven record & can be trusted to sort this mess out 

Fat Sam is not what we need.

He is a total arsehole;its all about him and his ego; shit football in the round.

Shakey maybe would have kept us up, so I’m hoping the owners want a bit more than that.

Im not bothered about top 7 or whatever; what I want is someone to fashion / regain our play to go back to be the high tempo aggressive, and as a result entertaining style.

Having suffered watching utter horse shit served up this season I’ve realised what I want from football is excitement.

Survival and being entertained would do me this season now.

From the list of candidates though, I’m not sure who can deliver what I’m looking for.

11 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Fat Sam is not what we need.

He is a total arsehole;its all about him and his ego; shit football in the round.

Shakey maybe would have kept us up, so I’m hoping the owners want a bit more than that.

Im not bothered about top 7 or whatever; what I want is someone to fashion / regain our play to go back to be the high tempo aggressive, and as a result entertaining style.

Having suffered watching utter horse shit served up this season I’ve realised what I want from football is excitement.

Survival and being entertained would do me this season now.

From the list of candidates though, I’m not sure who can deliver what I’m looking for.

I don't think Sams football is even that bad.

He starts out defensive as where he walks in usually has a woeful defence and he believes in building from that. I don't think we have that issue really.

We just need the right shape and right ideas and someone who can get confidence in players.

Palace started playing some decent stuff after the initial shit start.

31 minutes ago, dayday said:

Rob Dorsett saying owners want a quick appointment , and will start this morning looking for a new manager.

I maybe wrong but I reckon they have somebody lined up

Considering how long it took them to appoint Shakespeare in the Summer, I look forward to us appointing someone at Christmas.

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

After Sven, we had names but not much quality - we have a good squad with some very decent players. It’s not the same thing babs though the dressing room clearly needs to be addressed - what was once our core strength has perhaps become our big problem now ..........

Is the squad as good as people make out? Virtually every signing has flopped for one reason or another.

People slated CS for not picking Iheanacho and Iborra and neither has really done anything to warrant that faith, as an example.

It's not as extreme as the Sven / Pearson time, but it's a similar dismantling of a decent squad with "names" of not the required quality we are going trough.

Just now, Babylon said:

Is the squad as good as people make out? Virtually every signing has flopped for one reason or another.

People slated CS for not picking Iheanacho and Iborra and neither has really done anything to warrant that faith, as an example.

It's not as extreme as the Sven / Pearson time, but it's a similar dismantling of a decent squad with "names" of not the required quality we are going trough.

Trouble is, with Vardy in the team (and he's deemed undroppable) we only have one way of playing, which doesn't necessarily play to their strengths.

It's heresy, but maybe we have to look to a future without Vardy.

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Surely Burnley can afford 2m per year?

They'll just up his wages Surely? He seems settled there.

Family live in Kettering , a village near Kettering 

come on Sean join us !!! 

Would love to see him here 

54 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who was that American fella that managed Swansea? Bruce Buck or summat?

Give him a go....

It wasn't serious and neither were you - but the way things are going right now, you never know.

I don't want to see Sean Dyche anywhere near our club :thumbdown:

I had read somewhere yesterday that Shakespeare was on £3 million P.A. That would make Dyche feel a top man to be paid only 2/3 of the wage of the bloke we've just sacked and hopefully would keep him at Burnley. I expect to see this thread at 100 pages by the weekend and the word Preki mentioned no less than forty seven times.

15 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Surely Burnley can afford 2m per year?

They'll just up his wages Surely? He seems settled there.

They can afford it but would be reluctant to spend. I read somewhere that Burnley are in the top 5 for most profitable clubs in Europe!

I can't stand Dyche. His arrogance and lack of humility infuriates me. Having said that, I've met him in person, in a situation where others may have been rude or dismissive, and he seemed ok.

My concern is his style of football. It's not far off what Tony Pulis does. Dyche will claim that's because of the lack of pound notes at Burnley, but I think Eddie Howe is proof that lack of finance at a small club in the Premier League doesn't have to equate to defensive football.

Do we want a manager that is merely going to organise us and keep us up consistently? Is that going to inject some life into what has become a deflated and flat fan base? No. It won't.

We don't expect to achieve great things again, but we need a manager that at least makes us believe there is a chance. After winning the league, appointing a Dyche or an Allardyce isn't going to reinvigorate this club.

Brendan Rodgers is within our reach. We will ship in shed load of goals but we will score a lot as well and finish anywhere between 7th and 13th. 

We will double his wages and he will get a decent PL club.  Not much else he can do at Celtic. 

Sam Allardyce is gonna be live in the talksport studio at 10am.

I don’t expect him to say anything concrete either way but I do expect him to distance himself and reiterate he wants to stay retired.

Expect his odds to drift out after 10am.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Brendan Rodgers is within our reach. We will ship in shed load of goals but we will score a lot as well and finish anywhere between 7th and 13th. 

We will double his wages and he will get a decent PL club.  Not much else he can do at Celtic. 

10 in a row and immortality that’s what he is at Celtic for 

they pay him well and coming back to England would need to be a huge huge offer and total control of all footballing business 

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Trouble is, with Vardy in the team (and he's deemed undroppable) we only have one way of playing, which doesn't necessarily play to their strengths.

It's heresy, but maybe we have to look to a future without Vardy.

I think there are plenty of people who need removing before our best striker gets chopped.

I don't believe we can only play one way with him, I've seen us play different ways with him the team, just not consistently.

Archived