Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Next City Manager?

Next possible City Manager  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Who next for City when Shakey gets booted

• Martin O’Neill
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Eddie Howe
    • David Wagner
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Ex-Dortmund Tuchel
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Bob Weasel Fox

8 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

He also has like the WORST chapped lips.

I'd probably wait for him by the team bus and pretend to ask him to sign something but hand him a little ChapStick instead of a pen and say quietly 'use this on your lips, they are very chapped'. 

I assume he doesn't know what lip-balm is.  

I’ve noticed he always seems to be biting his lips when on the touch line, seems to be a nerves thing.

no need to give the chap stick about it lol 

12 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I'm not against Dyche, but based on playing Wood and Vokes together, he may well try and pair Slimani and Ulloa lol.

Eh, Shakespeare has already tried that, so it's not exactly going to be a step back.

Not a fan of dyches constant excuse making (pound notes, market leaders etc), but can't deny he knows how to organise a side.

15 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

I think the owners are going to try to go big.  Really big.  Whether they succeed is another issue.  I suspect Ancelotti.  

I think you're right, and i'd be surprised if they hadn't made an inquiry at least. Exactly the kind of big name the owners want, and maybe not as unrealistic as some might think. 

Personally i think we'll be knocked back and end up with someone like Moyes or Allardyce. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, Shakespeare has already tried that, so it's not exactly going to be a step back.

Not a fan of dyches constant excuse making (pound notes, market leaders etc), but can't deny he knows how to organise a side.

I think he kind of HAS to make those excuses where he is currently - it's there to be used.

I'd imagine that line of talk would dry up pretty quickly when he moves to a financially bigger club.

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Agreed. I just don't think it gets the best out of some of our better players and also means it's difficult to integrate others. 

Mahrez for example (without Kante) as a winger in a rigid 4-4-2 just seems too exposed defensively, as well as often being tied down to getting back and so is receiving the ball far too deep in our half to do what he is best at and do any meaningful damage. 

Other than Chilwell, we don't have full-backs that are effective or capable of overlapping.

We have 3 top strikers in Vardy, Slimani and Iheanacho, but seem incapable of having them play together or to their strengths. 

We also don't have any real creative flair in the centre and that won't change until the window reopens. In a 4-4-2, you really need one of the CM's to dictate the play and be comfortable on the ball and bringing it out.

I have no doubt that 4-4-2 can work, I just believe that we have some very good players who simply don't suit that system. 

I’m certain the club that eventually signs Mahrez will play him through the middle, off the striker.

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’m certain the club that eventually signs Mahrez will play him through the middle, off the striker.

I see his best position as the right side of a front 3. He seems to get more space out wide, whereas behind the striker, he is usually crowded out and is too weak and easily pushed off the ball. He is best when he has some space to get the ball and face the opposition, rather than his back to the goal which would be more often the case behind a striker I think. 

I'm interested to see what a new manager will do with him though, as it's clear that he just doesn't perform well enough in this system for the quality he has. 

45 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Thought he lived close to the border so the poor Fvcker has probably only got a moped. Looks to be the best realistic shout, he would take no shite off Radio Leicester or the players and could actually faint when the transfer kitty comes out in Jan.

Or he might think that it's not right for a club to have all this money and sell our better players to build up club's cash.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Interesting

At present, Dyche splits his time between Lancashire and Northampton, where he has laid down family roots.

Geographically, a move to the Foxes would suit Dyche; Northampton is less than an hour's drive away from Leicester.

Dyche's assistant manager is my old school mate and is from Leicester so more ties there too.

4 minutes ago, JamesWelshFox said:

If they are going to spend money on getting a top manager in then lets do it right and go and get Diego Simeone, and pay him whatever he wants and give him a truck load of cash to spend in January.

Why on earth would he leave Atletico to come here? A place where you get sacked if you have a bad month.

He could walk into almost any job in the world.

Archived