Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

West Ham Away

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Given that the away end at Stafford is physically split in two by about 30 yards I would guess it would be easy enough to reduce the allocation. 

But it uses the same turnstile/concourse - therefore West Ham don't lose anything. Those seats can't be sold to home fans. 

It's a lifeless, spiritless concrete monstrosity. An athletics arena with grass in the middle. West Ham fans have been stitched up big time. 

Easily the worst ground for involvement / enjoyment in the division. I have only been to about 50 / 60 grounds and can't think of a worse place to watch football.

14 hours ago, BoyJones said:

It's a lifeless, spiritless concrete monstrosity. An athletics arena with grass in the middle. West Ham fans have been stitched up big time. 

Easily the worst ground for involvement / enjoyment in the division. I have only been to about 50 / 60 grounds and can't think of a worse place to watch football.

Turns out my wife got tickets for the Fleet Foxes that night, so it sounds like a lucky escape for me!

On 24/10/2017 at 14:31, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Given that the away end at Stafford is physically split in two by about 30 yards I would guess it would be easy enough to reduce the allocation. 

The stairwell, in fact it's more just a floating staircase, that has no walls around it, is via the same entrance as for the lower tier slap bang in the middle of what I guess is classed as a concourse, but is open to the elements, so it would not really be possible, and even if they wanted to try and find a solution, I guess they are not allowed as they are not the owners, so I guess they have little say in ground modifications, unless very temporary in their nature, which I'm not sure trying to close of open stair cases etc would be.

I wouldn't be in a rush to go back, but the view from the upper tier, was no worse than being at somewhere like st james, where you stand in the gods, but west ham fans really have been mugged off a little, going from somewhere like we had at Filbert St, to this place is just the price of modern day money I guess.

On 27/10/2017 at 00:36, BoyJones said:

Might have been who you went with!!!!

we had a few drinks to soften the blow.

I personally think the Emirates is worse, that ground really is a corporate dining hall full of tourists. At least West Ham fans give it a bit of a go, although usually in booing their own team and manager. Plus it's more fun drinking in Liverpool St etc than Finsbury Park

Anyway, isn't the point of travelling away to support your own team, rather than admire the ground? Each to their own though, I understand that.

10 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Assume I'll have no trouble getting tickets in the 205+ bracket?

I didn't go last year, but I'm still hopeful it will be a decent away day- drinking in London before usually makes up for any disappointment at the match itself.

I think this will make general sale to be honest.

9 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I personally think the Emirates is worse, that ground really is a corporate dining hall full of tourists. At least West Ham fans give it a bit of a go, although usually in booing their own team and manager. Plus it's more fun drinking in Liverpool St etc than Finsbury Park

Anyway, isn't the point of travelling away to support your own team, rather than admire the ground? Each to their own though, I understand that.

Emirates is your typical "big team" ground, they are all full of tourists. But as a football ground Emirates is brilliant.

Olympic Park isn't a football ground. Out of all the grounds I've been too it's joint worse along with Don Valley which was used by Rotherham for a bit - that wasn't a football ground either. 

46 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Emirates is your typical "big team" ground, they are all full of tourists. But as a football ground Emirates is brilliant.

Olympic Park isn't a football ground. Out of all the grounds I've been too it's joint worse along with Don Valley which was used by Rotherham for a bit - that wasn't a football ground either. 

Off topic, but what an awful game that was around this time in 2008?! Lost 2-0 i think, JPT quarter final?

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Off topic, but what an awful game that was around this time in 2008?! Lost 2-0 i think, JPT quarter final?

haha I went twice. The JPT game which you're right about (I think it was 2-0) and the game we won in the League Cup when Schlupp scored a hatrick on his debut!

Archived