Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Thought he had a decent game the other night, he was constantly wanting the ball to feet and once he passed he was moving into space to be the option for a pass to keep possession.

He had a rough time last season with the 14 seconds late fiasco and coming into a side that was blowing hot and cold a lot last season.

Think himself, Iheanacho and a couple of other players next season, will be having a far better season at the club with a full pre season to begin with, and will have adapted to the pace and physicality of the league and know what’s required to compete.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brendanmcgovern1988 said:

Footballers get written off far too early by people. I remember vardy after about 8 games in the championship and people saying he's shit and not going to make it....I love it when footballers get ridiculed and prove people wrong

I see in the main forum, our other “donkey” Kramaric is being touted for £50m......always thought he had real talent (await barn door banjo replies)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

I see in the main forum, our other “donkey” Kramaric is being touted for £50m......always thought he had real talent (await barn door banjo replies)

Nobody thought he was a donkey, just wasn’t suited to our style of play at the time

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Which one of his 18 appearances did we work that one out......

Pretty sure I remember a match where he tried to chip the keeper and failed. He was slagged off a lot here and I seem to remember Pearson frog marching him off in tunnelcam after the match. After that I don’t think he got much of a look in.

9 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Pearson and the back room team he put together just sign superstars. Kane, Lingard, kramaric, Kante (bid was made before sacking) and even Mark Davies crippled by injury would of gone far. 

You've missed Zac Whitbread off that list! 

• Haha 1

When forced to wait till jan we were told they would have him up to speed.

But the pl is a very different lover from the euro leagues.  And sure enough he looked slow and off the pace.. getting caught... and needing more strength.

At 33, when drooped by capello at real, beckham worked his socks off to train hard untill he had to be picked.   Similarly silva must work hard to adapt to the prem.  NOW.

He can be sucessful. ..  I hope there is a team arround him to focus on the issues he needs to address.

Ps..  i thought he could persist at no 10... but puel dropped this after only 2 games.  He can pick the quick balls thru the  defence.

On 27/06/2018 at 00:26, WigstonWanderer said:

Genuinely interested as to why you don’t fancy that. We seem to have the players for it bar maybe another CB and it probably allows Chilwell to be used without getting too exposed defensively.

I'm imagine it's not about not fancying it, just as he said there is an obsession on here and it gets mentioned every 5 minutes, despite Puel not having a record of that formation elsewhere or here for that matter. He could have played it lots last season, but we did it once and got battered. Then I think there was perhaps half of another game.

Genuinely interested as to why you don’t fancy that. We seem to have the players for it bar maybe another CB and it probably allows Chilwell to be used without getting too exposed defensively.

I think that it seems that the many posters think that the only way to play wing backs is with 3 at the back like O'Neill's team. 

It doesn't matter how often you point out that Puel plays with 2 holding mids to cover wing back positions 4-2-3-1.  It does make you wonder what people have been watching.

14 hours ago, steflcfc said:

Thought he had a decent game the other night, he was constantly wanting the ball to feet and once he passed he was moving into space to be the option for a pass to keep possession.

He had a rough time last season with the 14 seconds late fiasco and coming into a side that was blowing hot and cold a lot last season.

Think himself, Iheanacho and a couple of other players next season, will be having a far better season at the club with a full pre season to begin with, and will have adapted to the pace and physicality of the league and know what’s required to compete.

Our world cup players wont have a full pre season:P

I wouldn't definitively rule it out, it's more this regular thing on here that people think we'll move to three at the back and I'm not really seeing the evidence. I think we've done it about twice under Puel since he was here. It may become a string to our bow but I can't see it being our main formation.

I think Chilwell may benefit from a more settled defence in general. He was poor last year but the whole defence was really. Simpson didn't have a good year, Morgan nosedived and Maguire was far from perfect. With a more balanced and consistent back four I think it could bring out the best in someone like Chilwell.

A defence of Ricardo, Maguire, Evans and Chilwell seems well balanced to me. Experience, leadership and actually quite good at supporting attacking play. Lets see how it develops.

I expect him to go 4-2-3-1. That back four, Ndidi & Silva, behind Maddison and then potentially Diabate/Gray/Albrighton and a new winger, potentially Elyounoussi.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

What i found interesting about the other night is that he is probably well suited to Puel's style in the deep lying midfielder role, makes the preference of James slightly more baffling. You would have thought even if he was out of form giving him a run of games would be more beneficial than James.

Some of Puel's decision making was baffling. Iborra isn't a top player but he's better than James and our record with him in the side was pretty good.

6 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Pearson and the back room team he put together just sign superstars. Kane, Lingard, kramaric, Kante (bid was made before sacking) and even Mark Davies crippled by injury would of gone far. 

He was ****ing outstanding for us. He could've gone on to be a cracking player.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

He was ****ing outstanding for us. He could've gone on to be a cracking player.

He immediately made the step up to Bolton too. I remember MOTD raving about him. He could easily have played for England.