Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

You preach patience but we are dealing with top athletes of their sport. Why can't they hit the ground running just as the newcomers to Leicester Basketball have done?

Mainly because they are Americans coming from a college background to a poor quality league played at a lower tempo. Riders are in the top two teams of the country for years. 

Silva coming from a slow tempo poorer quality league and has team mates such as Danny Simpson 

• Like 2

Looked world class last night, his touches were silky as fck. To add to that he was everywhere. He looks like a luxury player with the headless chicken workrate, which isn’t something we are used to down here.

the second half he was flagging, no doubt - but I think the fact that he hasn’t played much in the last year can explain that, plus the knock could have been a factor.

the midfield pairing last night where fantastic. Silva was my man of the match, with hamza a close second.

• Like 2

My favourite thing about Silva is his willingness to want the ball. He actively calls for it, moves to become available even when under pressure and spreads the play nicely. Fantastic performance last night, great to see. We've got a fine player on our hands here.

• Like 3

Superb last night. His quality will come through. Said it all along but he's been playing with better players than what we have here.

I think he'd make a good captain for us.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

most important factor is he looks like he cares, might be captain next year (Not sure if his English is any good)

Yeah, he’s never looked like he’s not arsed, which is great to see given the crap he’s gone through. Glad we’ve got him, look forward to him being a mainstay in the team next year. 

7 hours ago, David Hankey said:

You preach patience but we are dealing with top athletes of their sport. Why can't they hit the ground running just as the newcomers to Leicester Basketball have done?

Because it's a s**t standard of Basketball...the premier league in comparison...well there is no comparison apart from the Tigers. 

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

yeah I reckon Nigeria will go through along with Argentina in that group. 

Nigeria my 2nd team for this tournament. Really want Ndidi and Kelechi to do well. 

You forgot Musa.... :unsure:

absolutely outrageous that silva is in the squad over neves, surely? 

imagine if it was the england squad, we’d be in meltdown. 

interested to see how he performs for them though.