Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Maybe Neves should have thought about that before moving to play in the Championship in a World Cup season

surely a season playing every week, winning every week and being the best player in the league is comfortably better than being banned from any type of physical activity for 6 months, followed by a couple of starts in which you are basically rubbish, though. 

like i said it's everything we loathe as england fans. they've basically picked an experience head who isn't in any type of form and has barely played over an exciting youngster who's used to winning and dominating games. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

surely a season playing every week, winning every week and being the best player in the league is comfortably better than being banned from any type of physical activity for 6 months, followed by a couple of starts in which you are basically rubbish, though. 

like i said it's everything we loathe as england fans. they've basically picked an experience head who isn't in any type of form and has barely played over an exciting youngster who's used to winning and dominating games. 

It'd be a bit like picking Lallana over James Maddison (if he wasn't injured). Neves probably deserves to go but Silva's been a part of Euro winning squad and that's hard to knock tbf. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

absolutely outrageous that silva is in the squad over neves, surely? 

imagine if it was the england squad, we’d be in meltdown. 

interested to see how he performs for them though. 

I wonder how Ronaldo might take to a young super talented upstart coming into the side ???????

6 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Neves wasn't good enough for their squad BEFORE he left Portugal to play second tier football. 

Why the **** would they pick him now? 

If it wasn't Silva it'd be Danilo, Andre Gomes, Pizzi or someone else from the Portuguese top flight. 

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

yeah I reckon Nigeria will go through along with Argentina in that group. 

Nigeria my 2nd team for this tournament. Really want Ndidi and Kelechi to do well. 

And Musa.

Definitely my second team in the competition.

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

absolutely outrageous that silva is in the squad over neves, surely? 

imagine if it was the england squad, we’d be in meltdown. 

interested to see how he performs for them though. 

Why does it not surprise me that you have that opinion given the other opinions you hold?

Pleased for him, imagine that would've been a bitter one if he was left out as he'd have backed himself to have made the squad comfortably bar the 14 seconds shit-storm.

Think he's put in a some strong performances in the last few months and has, at times, really stood out. That, coupled with his previous senior standing in the squad, leaves him deserving of a place imo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Adrien Silva compares the Premier League to Fifa video games
Leicester City midfielder surprised by the leniency of referees in England

ByJordan Blackwell
09:00, 6 JUN 2018UPDATED09:13, 6 JUN 2018

Playing in the Premier League is like playing in a Fifa video game – with fouls turned off.

That’s the belief of Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva, who was surprised by the leniency of the refereeing in England during his debut campaign in the country.

Silva’s City career was delayed by Fifa – the governing body and not the video game – and their decision to reject international clearance for the Portuguese international after paperwork was received 14 seconds late.

Handed a run of games towards the end of the season amid injuries and suspensions to his fellow City midfielders, Silva showed signs of adjusting to the Premier League, although the 29-year-old is still confounded by the lack of free-kicks.

“It does not stop, there are no fouls,” Silva said in a World Cup preview programme, as reported by Record .

“It's like in Fifa, going to the options and taking out the fouls.

“It seems like it never stops, which is why it's a really good experience. You had to play three games (in Portugal) to feel like one in England.”

Silva is currently in Portugal preparing for the World Cup .

Returning to his homeland gives him the opportunity to get a haircut after he declared he wouldn’t be seeing a barber in England.

"I do not trust them, I'm thinking of shaving my hair," he joked.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adrien-silva-compares-premier-league-1644131

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Adrien Silva compares the Premier League to Fifa video games
Leicester City midfielder surprised by the leniency of referees in England

ByJordan Blackwell
09:00, 6 JUN 2018UPDATED09:13, 6 JUN 2018

Playing in the Premier League is like playing in a Fifa video game – with fouls turned off.

That’s the belief of Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva, who was surprised by the leniency of the refereeing in England during his debut campaign in the country.

Silva’s City career was delayed by Fifa – the governing body and not the video game – and their decision to reject international clearance for the Portuguese international after paperwork was received 14 seconds late.

Handed a run of games towards the end of the season amid injuries and suspensions to his fellow City midfielders, Silva showed signs of adjusting to the Premier League, although the 29-year-old is still confounded by the lack of free-kicks.

“It does not stop, there are no fouls,” Silva said in a World Cup preview programme, as reported by Record .

“It's like in Fifa, going to the options and taking out the fouls.

“It seems like it never stops, which is why it's a really good experience. You had to play three games (in Portugal) to feel like one in England.”

Silva is currently in Portugal preparing for the World Cup .

Returning to his homeland gives him the opportunity to get a haircut after he declared he wouldn’t be seeing a barber in England.

"I do not trust them, I'm thinking of shaving my hair," he joked.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adrien-silva-compares-premier-league-1644131

This is something Silva really needs to get better at. The game is physical over here and often he goes down after what would be given for a foul in Portugal but would never be a foul in a month of Sundays over here. It's good that he has accepted the challenge though and hopefully he will improve quite a bit next season. He showed signs of improvement in the last 2 games IMO.

He definitely needs to toughen up, and even though he is describing how hard it is here, I think that he is more than up for the fight to prove himself, and hopefully will come back next season with a lot more bite and toughness to his game. He has amazing quality on the ball and I hope he can solve our problem of who we can partner with N'didi. 

On 17/05/2018 at 16:54, StanSP said:

yeah I reckon Nigeria will go through along with Argentina in that group. 

Nigeria my 2nd team for this tournament. Really want Ndidi and Kelechi to do well. 

And Musa! :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Champions League club to make offer for Leicester City’s Adrien Silva, decision after World Cup

http://sportwitness.co.uk/champions-league-club-make-offer-leicester-city-adrien-silva-decision-world-cup/

Would be very strange if we are considering this. Still has the potential to be a decent signing for us.

I'd be waiting until January at the earliest before considering writing him off.