Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

44 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

3 Managers have now chosen not to give him a good run . All 3 cannot be wrong  they see him week in week out in trainng

Only Ranieri had the courage to pick him over Vardy, and he payed the price. The other 2 (or rather 3) were too afraid to change the system, because their job was in the line. And ironically they payed too....CP will probably do the same. i suspect when Slimani is gone, Vardy will drop form.... Consequence of "No competition"!!!

3 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

The truth that all of you know he is the Best striker you have. His goals , assists and ratio speak for itself...you just don't dare to take Vardy out for him to play, or rather the new appointed managers didn't dare to take vardy to give him a chance....because they were afraid to take risks or afraid to upset players... Note athat Vardy yes score from time to time, but it's really any striker can do that if he is given that tons of time.

Complete crap and you know it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I am pretty  sure if slim goes we will replace him with someone more suited to the way we play and premier league 

Right, but think about it...

the way you play...

hit the ball to the direction of the opposition and let Vardy run run while hoping for a mistake from the goal keeper.... That's all what Vardy does really! Seen it times and times and times again....  Honestly, aren't you tired of this way of play? no wonder why no other striker fit to your system, no Slim, no Muss, ni Iheanacho... And that's 70M

don't you fency a beautiful football, didn't you like the other day the way the kids of 17 and 18 from Mancity play? ... Just don't like that way of play hoof and counter and run and hope for some sort of mistake.

Edited by Fennec-Fox

Slimani's a bit weird. He's a superb header of the ball, yet doesn't actually win that much in the air. He's no target man anyway. He's not exactly good at holding the ball up.

Stick a cross in for him and he's as good as anyone in the league. Beyond that he's average.

13 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

the way you play...

hit the ball to the direction of the opposition and let Vardy run run while hoping for a mistake from the goal keeper.... That's all what Vardy does really! Seen it times and times and times again....  Honestly, aren't you tired of this way of play? no wonder why no other striker fit to your system, no Slim, no Muss, ni Iheanacho... And that's 70M

don't you fency a beautiful football, didn't you like the other day the way the kids of 17 and 18 from Mancity play? ... Just don't like that way of play hoof and counter and run and hope for some sort of mistake.

Puel is trying to change the way we play which will eventually faze Vardy out but it still won’t suit Slim . And Vardy is a lot more skilful then just forcing a keeper into mistakes have you not seen some of his goals . The volley against Liverpool is a prime example . If that was Ronaldo or Messi people wouldn’t have shut up about it . Plus hoof and counter won us the premier league which is more than some teams that play so called beautiful passing football 

Edited by baldeagle

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

I reckon he has the qualities to do well at Everton under the gravy swilling long ball merchant.

With Shakespeare the number two who would not play him while he was here. So if Slim has the bad attitude some claim Everton will be the last place he goes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

the way you play...

Prem title

Quarter final of Champions League

Nah mate, I dont mind "hoof and counter and run and hope"

• Like 1

With Shakespeare the number two who would not play him while he was here. So if Slim has the bad attitude some claim Everton will be the last place he goes.

Good point. I forgot Shakey was there.

West Ham maybe then. They always seem to have strikers injured.

16 hours ago, Fennec-Fox said:

Only Ranieri had the courage to pick him over Vardy, and he payed the price. The other 2 (or rather 3) were too afraid to change the system, because their job was in the line. And ironically they payed too....CP will probably do the same. i suspect when Slimani is gone, Vardy will drop form.... Consequence of "No competition"!!!

Sure, man. 

Slimani has only had a couple of decent moments; he’s already (and rightfully) no competition to Vardy. 

Ulloa’s performance against Newcastle was better and more important than anything Slim has done this season. 

Edited by The_77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_77 said:

Sure, man. 

Slimani has only had a couple of decent moments; he’s already (and rightfully) no competition to Vardy. 

Ulloa’s performance against Newcastle was better and more important than anything Slim has done this season

lol:blink:lol

Talking about a record signing and a huge wage yet using him only on training lol Brilliant! lol  I guess Slim is happy collecting £££££ week in a week out

Edited by Fennec-Fox

28 minutes ago, Fennec-Fox said:

lol:blink:lol

Talking about a record signing and a huge wage yet using him only on training lol Brilliant! lol  I guess Slim is happy collecting £££££ week in a week out

I guess, good job aswell because he hasn't got any other choice, he ain't gonna get a game is he! :crylaugh:

23 hours ago, The_77 said:

Sure, man. 

1-Slimani has only had a couple of decent moments; he’s already (and rightfully) no competition to Vardy. 

2-Ulloa’s performance against Newcastle was better and more important than anything Slim has done this season. 

1-7 goals and 4 assists in the league last season! not too bad for a guy new to the league, was injured and played in the afcon. 

best goal and assist ratio per-90 minutes for our strikers.

and here are "a couple of decent moments":

Slimani had 8 goals and 5 assists in the league and CL, and only 2 of the goals did not lead to points (the header vs WBA and the goal vs everton)

8 of his 8 goals were even an equalizer(3 vs WBA, everton and boro) or a game winner (2 goals. a 1-0 victory against Porto and west ham + the opining goals vs stoke, sunderland and Burnley)

Slimani opened the score for the team with 5 of his 8 goals (vs Porto, west ham, everton, Burnley and stoke)  edit:  actually, make that 6 out of 8, just remembered the sunderland goal

and to talk about his assists, 3 of them led to us opining the score (1 in the CL to mahrez, 1 vs man city to vardy and 1 vs palace to musa) while another one was to make it 2-0 vs man city (king's goal)

2-the goal against liverpool? the assist for mahrez in the league coming off thee bench?

you don't rate him/like him, fair enough! but don't go around talking like he didn't do anything good for the club. 

we don't need him and i hope he goes to a good team in the league and run riot. he has 15-20 goals in him and he will prove it.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, the fox said:

we don't need him and i hope he goes to a good team in the league and run riot. he has 15-20 goals in him and he will prove it.

Why would you want him to go to another side in the league and bag a tonne? Surely that'd be to our detriment.

I don't mind Slimani but we've been absolutely mugged off by Sporting, really.

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why would you want him to go to another side in the league and bag a tonne? Surely that'd be to our detriment.

I don't mind Slimani but we've been absolutely mugged off by Sporting, really.

why would i not? he didn't do anything harmful or offend fans. so why should i wish him failure? he obviously doesn't have a future here. if vardy, mahrez, gray, n'didi...etc went to another team, i will wish them nothing but the best (as long as they leave on good terms)

we are aiming to be a top 6-8 team, and if he isn't that good (as many here say) and can't push midtable teams to a higher spot in the league table, they won't have anything to worry about.

the biggest downside to him is his price tag (which he didn't set himself). 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

why would i not? he didn't do anything harmful or offend fans. so why should i wish him failure? he obviously doesn't have a future here. if vardy, mahrez, gray, n'didi...etc went to another team, i will wish them nothing but the best (as long as they leave on good terms)

we are aiming to be a top 6-8 team, and if he isn't that good (as many here say) and can't push midtable teams to a higher spot in the league table, they won't have anything to worry about.

the biggest downside to him is his price tag (which he didn't set himself). 

Just seems an odd attitude to have as a Leicester fan. Like I've said, I don't mind him but I don't want him sodding off to a side like Watford / Everton and notching a tonne of goals. Sell him back to Portugal.

7 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just seems an odd attitude to have as a Leicester fan. Like I've said, I don't mind him but I don't want him sodding off to a side like Watford / Everton and notching a tonne of goals. Sell him back to Portugal.

well, to be honest, him rotting on the bench isn't gonna do anything good for my national team lol
 edit: would rather 20-25 million from an english team than 10 million less for a team outside the league

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

think we can get 20-25 million from him, sell him to newcastle (or any other team not so close to us in the table) and i will be ok with it. it isn't that hard to get him in a team, just get crosses to the box and he will do the job.

Edited by the fox
  • Haha 1

Well, he was back on the bench last night and I think he may have come on had it not been for Amartey getting a red. Lots of people writing him off, and lots of people love him. To be honest, he’s a good player, and I hope he’ll stay. He looked happy on the touch line last night, and has an affinity for Mahrez and Silva. I think he’ll play against Fleetwood and maybe kick on. Truth is, he’s behind Shinji at the moment in terms of strikers, and maybe on par with Nacho (not saying much). I’d keep him for now 

• Like 1