Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

He'd bang them in for Watford and be their main guy. Andre Gray is shit. Good luck to him. Good luck to us having Ulloa as our new plan B. 

Probably involve A Deeney swap? we have always liked him havnt we? although now the old guard has all gone...

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Probably involve A Deeney swap? we have always liked him havnt we? although now the old guard has all gone...

I wouldn't be that keen on Deeney here and think that time has passed thankfully. Swapping a 29 year old for a 29 year old isn't ideal imo. Richalison though... would be happy with a swap for him :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon789us said:

If sporting interest is real maybe a swap ???

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They'll plead poverty despite getting £50m from us over the last two years.

I'd hope we have the sense to never pick up the phone and speak to their chairman ever again.. horrible person.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

If we get Deeney it's a step backwards and will also prove that the managers both past and present are not having a say on transfers, but the DOF is again running the club.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

DHL driver that comes to my work delivers to his house in Nether Broughton, all his parcels have been redirected to an address in Hendon.

Maybe he's decided to become a police officer?  National training centre is there too isn't it?

Seriously, I hope he stays.  Him and Silva linking up has gotta happen 

Yeah time to cash in whilst we can still get some sort of decent return. Not convinced he’ll score many goals for another PL club, missed some absolute sitters for us.

Good luck to him though 

Edit: I know the Algerian contingent will come back with his amazing goals to game ratio and that nobody gets a chance because Vardy’s the favourite blah blah blah

Edited by foxfanazer

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

As I've consistently said on here, the bloke is a bad apple - constantly moaning and think he's big time. Appleton has had the balls to deal with it and told Puel as soon as he started they should offload. Puel gave him a chance but after the West Ham game where he came on throwing his arms around and gave a free kick away, he decided he'd had enough.

He shall not be missed.

Is he even still training at the club?

It seems very strange that Slimani or Iheanacho haven't even got on the bench in the last few games even though we hear nothing about injuries. It implies Slimani is all but off in January but Iheanacho is a strange one.

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It seems very strange that Slimani or Iheanacho haven't even got on the bench in the last few games even though we hear nothing about injuries. It implies Slimani is all but off in January but Iheanacho is a strange one.

I think Slim's been in recent training pics and was at the Christmas lunch at the training ground yesterday. If him leaving to Watford has indeed been sorted, there's definitely no evidence of Riyad being upset about it.

Nacho's attitude on social media has been decent, congratulating the team etc. Probably 'needs more time' although I think he just needs a much higher desire and work rate.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

He's still training at the club, I don't know anything about him moving to Hendon or whatever.

Iheanacho is a strange one yes, I believe he has a role at the club, but the club aren't particularly delighted with his progress thus far - he's a bit of an odd lad, nice and no malice about him, but he's slightly precious on the training front and is scared of an xray machine - he refused to have an xray in his medical because he thought it was going to give him an electric shock! I think it's been quite a journey for him given where he's come from.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, brucey said:

I think Slim's been in recent training pics and was at the Christmas lunch at the training ground yesterday. If him leaving to Watford has indeed been sorted, there's definitely no evidence of Riyad being upset about it.

Nacho's attitude on social media has been decent, congratulating the team etc. Probably 'needs more time' although I think he just needs a much higher desire and work rate.

Probably cos he is also moving to London!

Slim was alright last season and really the only one of the 2016 signings to make any half-decent impact.

The start against Bournemouth back in May though was the game that might have confirmed that it just wasn't goin to work out long term. Albrighton and Vardy were arguing with him during the game and he missed a good few chances.

Would still view him as a good signing for someone else. He'd be the main man for a team in the bottom half of the league.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 00:16, Wymeswold fox said:

If Sporting want him, we should mess them about so that they're 14 seconds late with their paperwork so that he can't play for them until the summer.

:ph34r:

On 12/14/2017 at 11:31, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

DHL driver that comes to my work delivers to his house in Nether Broughton, all his parcels have been redirected to an address in Hendon.

That's a bit of a comedown. Thought he could have played at a higher level than non-league:  http://www.hendonfc.net/

:ph34r:

Mind you, when they get that stand full, the atmosphere should be buzzing:

SJP1

17 hours ago, Beechey said:

I wish it'd gone another way, but unless he's in the squad tomorrow, he's surely gone. If he's still out of the squad, we should aim to get as much for him as we can, no matter who the buyer is.

Wasn't on the bench.

His agent is probably sorting things out for pastures new for Slimani, alongside Musa's imo.

Reckon Iheanacho must impress quite quickly whenever he has his next opportunity, else his price tag will be even more questionable.