Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

18 minutes ago, Spicer said:

We won't get 22 million, not even close.

Well Watford are serious about wanting him, that's for sure as I'm sure their local paper wouldn't report a bid without knowing for sure.

Rejecting the first bid is standard negotiation practice. As long as that bid wasn't completely derisory then there will probably be some middle ground. I expect he'll end up going for a fee in the high teens.

17 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Well Watford are serious about wanting him, that's for sure as I'm sure their local paper wouldn't report a bid without knowing for sure.

Rejecting the first bid is standard negotiation practice. As long as that bid wasn't completely derisory then there will probably be some middle ground. I expect he'll end up going for a fee in the high teens.

I don't think he will go. I think you want him gone though.

2 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I don't think he will go. I think you want him gone though.

30 in the summer and will always be second choice at best to Vardy. I'd take the money and run personally. 

I'd back Puel if he wants to this and the same with any of our strikers who can't get a game. We can always enter the market again with the proceeds for a striker Puel wants rather than what he inherited.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

30 in the summer and will always be second choice at best to Vardy. I'd take the money and run personally. 

I'd back Puel if he wants to this and the same with any of our strikers who can't get a game. We can always enter the market again with the proceeds for a striker Puel wants rather than what he inherited.

What if Puel genuinely wants to keep him? Would you back him then?

Just now, TheHitman™ said:

What if Puel genuinely wants to keep him? Would you back him then?

Not 100% but I would up to a point.

Slimani isn't at the level of our top players like Vardy and Mahrez and at his age he isn't getting in the first team or getting any better. When big money is quoted for players who rarely make the first XI and are nearer the end of their careers than the start I'd cash in more times than not.

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not 100% but I would up to a point.

Slimani isn't at the level of our top players like Vardy and Mahrez and at his age he isn't getting in the first team or getting any better. When big money is quoted for players who rarely make the first XI and are nearer the end of their careers than the start I'd cash in more times than not.

Well the latest news on Slim is that Puel would back him to stay. In all honesty, in a more possession based system Slimani will show his advantages over Vardy. Vardy looks better because the team is built to play without the ball meaning you need more workrate and pace to make up for not having the ball.

Edited by TheHitman™
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TheHitman™ said:

Well the latest new on Slim is that he would back him and in all honesty in a more possession based system Slimani will show his advantages over Vardy. Vardy looks better because the team is built to play without the ball meaning you need more workrate and pace to make up for not having the ball.

Puel has said he wants him but I wouldn't be surprised if he is just posturing to get a better price. If the buyer knows you're desperate to get rid then they have an advantage over you. We're top heavy with strikers and we'll definitely want to sell at least one this window. If Watford have put in a bid of at least £15m then I suspect middle ground will be found and the transfer will go ahead.

I would really think that Musa and Ulloa would be the ones to go and the easiest to let go. With Vardy's injury I don't think Puel is going to want to let go of Slim so soon or so easily.

Now if it was up to me I would do this:

Ulloa: Sell

Musa: Sell

Nacho: Loan

Slim: Keep

That leaves you with 3 strikers for the season, all with different strengths and no need to spend extra money. In the summer think about what to do with Nacho and Slimani. If Nacho has a good World Cup and does well on his loan you can make a decision to keep or sell to another team. Slim may lose value but at least he would be some level of insurance for this season as far a striker coverage.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

I would really think that Musa and Ulloa would be the ones to go and the easiest to let go. With Vardy's injury I don't think Puel is going to want to let go of Slim so soon or so easily.

Now if it was up to me I would do this:

Ulloa: Sell

Musa: Sell

Nacho: Loan

Slim: Keep

That leaves you with 3 strikers for the season, all with different strengths and no need to spend extra money. In the summer think about what to do with Nacho and Slimani. If Nacho has a good World Cup and does well on his loan you can make a decision to keep or sell to another team. Slim may lose value but at least he would be some level of insurance for this season as far a striker coverage.

I'd sell Slimani purely on the money offered if we can get around the £20m mark.

Musa is just an utter waste of space and I'd sell for around the £5m mark if someone offered it or loan him out. I wouldn't be surprised if Musa runs his contract down here and leave on a Bosman so I'd sell for a big loss or loan him out in the hope he rediscovers some form so he can be sold.

Iheanacho I'll 100% support what the manager decides as he has seen him for a few months. He's been a massive let down considering I thought we were signing one of the best young strikers in the world.

I'd be happy to keep Ulloa if Slimani left to give us a big target man option but I'd sell if we were offered around the £4m mark.

Basically Slimani. Iheanacho, Ulloa and Musa aren't earning their corn so I'm happy to see them all gone and go with Vardy and Okazaki until the summer and maybe supplement them with the Ligue 2 lad we look like signing and George Thomas and reevaluate at the end of the season.

Edited by Gerard

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'd sell Slimani purely on the money offered if we can get around the £20m mark.

Musa is just an utter waste of space and I'd sell for around the £5m mark if someone offered it or loan him out. I wouldn't be surprised if Musa runs his contract down here and leave on a Bosman so I'd sell for a big loss or loan him out in the hope he rediscovers some form so he can be sold.

Iheanacho I'll 100% support what the manager decides as he has seen him for a few months. He's been a massive let down considering I thought we were signing one of the best young strikers in the world.

I'd be happy to keep Ulloa if Slimani left to give us a big target man option but I'd sell if we were offered around the £4m mark.

Basically Slimani. Iheanacho, Ulloa and Musa aren't earning their corn so I'm happy to see them all gone and go with Vardy and Okazaki until the summer and maybe supplement them with the Ligue 2 lad we look like signing and George Thomas and reevaluate at the end of the season.

We don't know what the manager thinks and also you have to think what the board thinks about it. For Iheanacho, I'm almost certain that they would rather cash out in the summer after the World Cup than now. He has a good World Cup you can recoup all of the money for him rather than get maybe 5 or 10 million for him or even decide to keep him because it shows a way to properly use him. A kid who gets 8 goals in 13 appearances for his national team and world cup bound is going to have some worth.

Also Slim may or may not leave we don't know.

9 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

We don't know what the manager thinks and also you have to think what the board thinks about it. For Iheanacho, I'm almost certain that they would rather cash out in the summer after the World Cup than now. He has a good World Cup you can recoup all of the money for him rather than get maybe 5 or 10 million for him or even decide to keep him because it shows a way to properly use him. A kid who gets 8 goals in 13 appearances for his national team and world cup bound is going to have some worth.

Also Slim may or may not leave we don't know.

There's no way we would sell Iheanacho for £5m-£10m this month. He'd be another one we'd want the lion's share of our money back.

On 04/01/2018 at 21:03, WigstonWanderer said:

From a purely accounting point of view I understand that players get depreciated over the life of the contract, so Slim is probably on our books for about 15m at present.

Of all our B strikers, he’s the one I’d rather we keep. Can’t see any point in loaning him out.

Good point! Business model where you buy good youngsters and then coach them is surely more realistic for a club like LCFC than foxtalk 'we must spend big now'. More Puelike. Couple of years from now this approach would enable us to transition safely from the growing old Prem winning side to a properly coached young team. Couple of promising youngsters this window is the way to go and could be exciting! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

image.png.187bf4c909793e39bc55d85d7ad5f935.png

Shame as I still think he has something to offer, it's more the recruitment team at fault for signing out and out 9's when we really needed a 10. Vards has always been too important to drop.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Shame as I still think he has something to offer, it's more the recruitment team at fault for signing out and out 9's when we really needed a 10. Vards has always been too important to drop.

Agree here. Especially whenever he's started more often than not he's contributed in one way or another. 

If he goes, I'd seriously not be adverse to try and sign Andy Carroll. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Agree here. Especially whenever he's started more often than not he's contributed in one way or another. 

If he goes, I'd seriously not be adverse to try and sign Andy Carroll. 

How about Carroll and Deeney ....    :rolleyes: