Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

I'd like to keep him.

We won't get our money back and Monday's game shows what he can offer the side, and it's different to what Vardy gives. Finally we might have a plan B.

• Like 4

Sounds like he will be off at some point ..   probably abroad if all the talk that is circulating is to be believed.  It will all be down to the price I guess but as he doesn't seem to be in CP's long term plans we may be more flexible than with someone like Mahrez for example.   He only got back into the team by necessity ...   shame really as he had something to offer imo. 

Noticed on East Midlands Today last night they called him' Ishmael Slimani' ....    they really are a bunch of useless t0ssers on that programme.   Get the feeling they really want to talk about Florist and Direby but have to mention us cus we are actually faaar better than them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dayday said:

Newcastle want him on loan according to there local paper

Personally I'm not in favour of any loan deals for senior players such as him to other premier League clubs. They all have plenty of money to buy up front and we should either get as much money as we can or not sell him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reynard said:

Personally I'm not in favour of any loan deals for senior players such as him to other premier League clubs. They all have plenty of money to buy up front and we should either get as much money as we can or not sell him.

At least if it was a loan deal he couldn't score against us

15 hours ago, reynard said:

Agree with this....however, I wouldn't be opposed to them having Musa, or Ulloa on 6 months loan and forced to buy at the end of the loan....

I actually think a loan would be good.

resale value right now 15m? so we sell him now and we take a big loss.  Give him a loan and  he plays well then that could significantly increase. I dont have any doubt he would do well on loan- he just needs to play regularly - he proved last game after not playing for so long that he's got it so imagine how he will look in a side that plays him regularly...

Let's face it, he's not going to push Vardy out of the side - no one is until his legs start to go...

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

I actually think a loan would be good.

resale value right now 15m? so we sell him now and we take a big loss.  Give him a loan and  he plays well then that could significantly increase. I dont have any doubt he would do well on loan- he just needs to play regularly - he proved last game after not playing for so long that he's got it so imagine how he will look in a side that plays him regularly...

Let's face it, he's not going to push Vardy out of the side - no one is until his legs start to go...

Slimani is 30 in the summer, everyone knows what he can do and at his age his value just depreciates.

If someone wants him make them pay, either by transfer fee or a huge loan fee. None of this trying to get him for half a season on the cheap.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

From a purely accounting point of view I understand that players get depreciated over the life of the contract, so Slim is probably on our books for about 15m at present.

Of all our B strikers, he’s the one I’d rather we keep. Can’t see any point in loaning him out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

As he should be. Undoubtedly our second best striker, we can't rely on nacho and ulloa getting goals. 

Nothing wrong with slim at all. Just needs the service. 

Hmm.

Clear em all out I say - doesn't suit our style. 

Nacho loan, Ulloa and Musa sell, Keep Okazaki to play in a two and purchase some real Vardy competition? 

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hmm.

Clear em all out I say - doesn't suit our style. 

Nacho loan, Ulloa and Musa sell, Keep Okazaki to play in a two and purchase some real Vardy competition? 

:ph34r:

The trouble is, who? 

I can't think of many better than slim that would come to us. Not for a reasonable price anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The trouble is, who? 

I can't think of many better than slim that would come to us. Not for a reasonable price anyways. 

Sure I agree with that. But I think it's time to show some ambition and the owners to really dig deep and get some quality in. It's like we are just waiting to lose our top players...

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Slimani has to stay until the summer at least. There's too many questions marks over Iheanacho right now and if Vardy's injury doesn't clear up then we need someone to lead the line properly. Slimani gets dogs abuse at times but it's quite simple, he gets involved in goals and assists. 

Fcuk Ulloa and Musa off and potentially let Kelechi go on loan but Slimani stays.

Vardy isn't injured, he didn't play versus Huddersfield as a precaution

28 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Vardy isn't injured, he didn't play versus Huddersfield as a precaution

and didn’t play against fleetwood too. They said because of an injury too. He was desperate to play against his old team.

Edited by MPH

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

and didn’t play against fleetwood too. They said because of an injury too. He was desperate to play against his old team.

Who said that? I thought Puel wanted to give him a well deserved rest

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Who said that? I thought Puel wanted to give him a well deserved rest

He said if he wasn't 100% he wouldn't play but they would give him every chance to try and make the game. Therefore he is kind of injured still.