Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Keep him. Sell Ulloa. Why hasn't this happened already 

We'll sell for any decent offer for Slimani, Iheanacho or Ulloa and see who we're left with. I'm not including Musa in that as he is irrelevant and we'll sell him for almost any decent offer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Ulloa is trash. I think we should sell Ulloa, and Musa, send Iheanacho on loan and retain the rest. I could see a lot of teams in the championship going for Ulloa and Musa and some prem sides going for Iheanacho on a loan deal.

But who in the championship could afford Ulloa and Musa. Would be a wise move buying someone not much better than you already have. Then paying them 3 or 4 times what you pay anyone else.

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

But who in the championship could afford Ulloa and Musa. Would be a wise move buying someone not much better than you already have. Then paying them 3 or 4 times what you pay anyone else.

Ulloa is a goalscorer and would be a really good player for an ambitious Championship side. Historically the big lump centre forward is more effective than the quick or skillful centre forward in the Championship. I could easily see a team in contention for the play offs or automatic promotion getting Ulloa in.

Looking at Musa you have to wonder who would have him. He just looks like a terrible footballer and you have to wonder how many times we scouted him for this not to become evident, his touch and weight of pass is literally non league standard. Our best hope is probably a Russian club but I'll suspect Musa will be our new Benalouane. Both cost a lot of money and it became clear very soon neither were good enough. No one wants them and they end up seeing their contracts out here. 

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ulloa is a goalscorer and would be a really good player for an ambitious Championship side. Historically the big lump centre forward is more effective than the quick or skillful centre forward in the Championship. I could easily see a team in contention for the play offs or automatic promotion getting Ulloa in.

Looking at Musa you have to wonder who would have him. He just looks like a terrible footballer and you have to wonder how many times we scouted him for this not to become evident, his touch and weight of pass is literally non league standard. Our best hope is probably a Russian club but I'll suspect Musa will be our new Benalouane. Both cost a lot of money and it became clear very soon neither were good enough. No one wants them and they end up seeing their contracts out here. 

Talking from someone who watches Musa on a regular basis in the Nigerian national team, he is good for a Championship side and has attributes that can fit certain teams. 

He has been useful in the Champions League and scored twice against Argentina in the World Cup. In a pacy counter attacking side in the Championship or a backwater league he could be of good use.

3 minutes ago, TheHitman™ said:

Talking from someone who watches Musa on a regular basis in the Nigerian national team, he is good for a Championship side and has attributes that can fit certain teams. 

He has been useful in the Champions League and scored twice against Argentina in the World Cup. In a pacy counter attacking side in the Championship or a backwater league he could be of good use.

Musa is an enigma. If you look at his highlight reel he looks a baller with those two braces versus Everton, Argentina and Barcelona. On the other side of the coin you look at his touch and weight of pass and you wonder what he's doing on the pitch as he looks like he won a competition to play in a game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Very harsh on Ulloa, calling him trash, any player who helped us achieve what we did deserves respect.

Ulloa is trash. He should be gone. We won the prem in 2015/16 the players got their medals and handsomely rewarded financially. How long do we have to hang on to players who are championship standard just because they were with us in 2015? We should be holding onto the likes of Kanté, Drinkwater and Mahrez but Ulloa, Shwarzer, Schlupp, DeLaet, Dyer, Inler, Was should are mostly are gone. Fuchs, Morgan, Huth and King shouldn't be around this time next year either.  

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Ulloa is trash. He should be gone. We won the prem in 2015/16 the players got their medals and handsomely rewarded financially. How long do we have to hang on to players who are championship standard just because they were with us in 2015? We should be holding onto the likes of Kanté, Drinkwater and Mahrez but Ulloa, Shwarzer, Schlupp, DeLaet, Dyer, Inler, Was should are mostly are gone. Fuchs, Morgan, Huth and King shouldn't be around this time next year either.  

I haven’t got an issue with people saying he’s no longer the required standard anymore, but to label a player trash who has helped the club achieve such success shows a total lack of respect. 

And as for Kante, it’s boring now, we were never going to hold onto a player who wanted to go.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I haven’t got an issue with people saying he’s no longer the required standard anymore, but to label a player trash who has helped the club achieve such success shows a total lack of respect. 

And as for Kante, it’s boring now, we were never going to hold onto a player who wanted to go.

Tell Mahrez ..  :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

No need to slag off Ulloa. Bloke has done brilliant for us, but his time here is past. Slimani is a much better player. If we want to be stripping back dead wood then players like Ulloa need moving on with our respect and thanks. 

I'll give him the same respect he gave us. "I'll never play for Leicester again" Should have got rid when we were offered that ridiculous £9m last year.

28 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'll give him the same respect he gave us. "I'll never play for Leicester again" Should have got rid when we were offered that ridiculous £9m last year.

Yes we should and Ulloa was right to feel aggrieved as he had been promised by Ranieri.

We ended up keeping a player that has been rarely used since, that's another year of Ulloa's career wasted when he's the wrong side of 30.

SLIMANI TO REPLACE TOSUN?

Besiktas could be on the lookout for a new striker with Cenk Tosun a target for Everton and according to NTV Spor, Islam Slimani is on their radar.

Slimani became Leicester City's record signing when joining from Sporting Lisbon last summer but has struggled for game time this season although he did score against Huddersfield at the weekend.

Besiktas reportedly want to sign the Algeria international on loan until the end of the season.

From Skysports Transfer News

7 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

SLIMANI TO REPLACE TOSUN?

Besiktas could be on the lookout for a new striker with Cenk Tosun a target for Everton and according to NTV Spor, Islam Slimani is on their radar.

Slimani became Leicester City's record signing when joining from Sporting Lisbon last summer but has struggled for game time this season although he did score against Huddersfield at the weekend.

Besiktas reportedly want to sign the Algeria international on loan until the end of the season.

From Skysports Transfer News

Good move him, hope it happens for him

I'd keep him, yesterday showed he can be effective at any moment.

He's done more than Ulloa to suggest he deserves to remain in the squad more.

Just hope Musa and/or Ulloa leave, as the club's progression has severely dented their hopes of a future at the club.

Iheanacho's improvement remains to be seen at present.

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

I know what sides ge would be of use for. But still my point is who could afford Ulloa? His wages will be 3x's what any championship side pay.

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

I know what sides ge would be of use for. But still my point is who could afford Ulloa? His wages will be 3x's what any championship side pay.

I suspect we’d supplement any side in paying his wages, I think this new deal he got was a thank you for his contribution to the great escape and the title win. I imagine we’d pay him off and let him leave for a nominal fee.