Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Silva Lining

Just now, Countryfox said:

He will be great for us ...    real shame we haven't had him playing for so long ...   wonder where we might have been now ??? ....

But yes ! ...   Welcome Hey-Ho ! ...   looking forward to a great career with the citeh ! ...   :scarf:

I wanted to post something about him and Iborra but just know it'll go down some road of sexual perversion.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Just watched the interview with him on the official website.  Apart from being an absolute Grade A spunk he comes across as a very intelligent guy with a good attitude and outlook.  Have a great feeling about him and cannot wait to see him fully involved.  Just wanted to say welcome Mr Silva, finally.  Let's hope for many good times ahead.

Come on you Foxes.

Rumble

X

What’s a grade a spunk. :o

• Haha 2

Man, if these two ever got a real romance going they'd be a proper beautiful couple.  I like having a handsome team, I always judge books by their covers. X

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adrien-silva-matty-james-strike-1006130

Adrien Silva and Matty James strike up Leicester City Bromance

Adrien Silva and Matty James have already formed a bond, despite not having played in a Leicester City team together.

The central midfielders have been training partners down Belvoir Drive as they have both been working towards getting into the City side.

For Silva, it has been about keeping fit during the four-month wait to be given the green light to play for City after his £22million move from Sporting Lisbon after FIFA withheld his registration.

For James, meanwhile, it has been another battle back to fitness following another cruel injury interruption to his career.

James returned to the starting line-up for the first time since the start of September on New Year’s Day in the 3-0 win over Huddersfield Town, and it was fitting that it was Silva who replaced him late on to a standing ovation after the Premier League gave City permission for the Portugal international to finally make his debut.

“It is fantastic for him,” said James. “For him it has been tough and the lads have been trying to support him as much as they possibly could.

“He is a really good lad and very positive. He has had to do a lot of work on his own, not with the team at times because the lads are preparing for games.

“It was great to swap places with him. We have trained a lot together over the past few weeks.”

FIFA had effectively banned Silva from playing until the transfer window opened again because the FA received the digital transfer documentation 14 seconds after the deadline, although City tried to demonstrate they sent it on time.

Fittingly, Silva now wears the number 14 shirt after City were told on the morning of the game he was now clear to play.

“No one had an idea what was happening due to the clearance scenario,” said James. “It was one of them.

“I don’t really know [if he picked his shirt number]. Out of irony I would imagine. It is all good.”

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Man, if these two ever got a real romance going they'd be a proper beautiful couple.  I like having a handsome team, I always judge books by their covers. X

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/adrien-silva-matty-james-strike-1006130

Adrien Silva and Matty James strike up Leicester City Bromance

Adrien Silva and Matty James have already formed a bond, despite not having played in a Leicester City team together.

The central midfielders have been training partners down Belvoir Drive as they have both been working towards getting into the City side.

For Silva, it has been about keeping fit during the four-month wait to be given the green light to play for City after his £22million move from Sporting Lisbon after FIFA withheld his registration.

For James, meanwhile, it has been another battle back to fitness following another cruel injury interruption to his career.

James returned to the starting line-up for the first time since the start of September on New Year’s Day in the 3-0 win over Huddersfield Town, and it was fitting that it was Silva who replaced him late on to a standing ovation after the Premier League gave City permission for the Portugal international to finally make his debut.

“It is fantastic for him,” said James. “For him it has been tough and the lads have been trying to support him as much as they possibly could.

“He is a really good lad and very positive. He has had to do a lot of work on his own, not with the team at times because the lads are preparing for games.

“It was great to swap places with him. We have trained a lot together over the past few weeks.”

FIFA had effectively banned Silva from playing until the transfer window opened again because the FA received the digital transfer documentation 14 seconds after the deadline, although City tried to demonstrate they sent it on time.

Fittingly, Silva now wears the number 14 shirt after City were told on the morning of the game he was now clear to play.

“No one had an idea what was happening due to the clearance scenario,” said James. “It was one of them.

“I don’t really know [if he picked his shirt number]. Out of irony I would imagine. It is all good.”

No homo or anything but I'd watch that

• Haha 2

He only had a brief cameo but I was hugely impressed with his attitude. He literally got stuck in straight away and made a number of tackles. Given his predicament it would be so easy to just be casual and not take any risks, but his attitude seemed like he was buzzing to play and wanted to show us what he could do. 

The club are famous for signing players with certain mental characteristics and Silva looks like another player with the right attitude!