Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

Got a black lab, the best friend I've ever had. Unfortunately the end is fast approaching, he's 15 in august (if he makes it!) really struggles to get up, even have to lift his back end sometimes, standing still his back legs give way and he messes his bed most mornings. Plus side he still appreciates his fuss!

This is the most agonising decision to make, 😥😥anybody been through a similar situation?

Mrs bb wants his ashes back but I'm not so sure😢

Oh man I don't envy your situation but you've got to do what's best for him.

Since I moved out, I miss my Springer Spaniel big time - when I go round my mums I tell her it's not just to see the dog. But we all know the truth!

If he wasn't still a fuss pot I think we would have already done the inevitable, but lying with him every night and he still nuzzles up to me, how on earth am I supposed to take him vets next morning?

As you say its a horrible decision to make, and the thought that I have 'the power' to end his life is upsetting

Dogs are pack animals and will do all they can to not show weakness through illness or they will be left to die by the pack so they will do their level best to appear ok. I had to make the decision to put my baby to sleep 6 years ago this August. I know the date and even the time and held her as she went, it was truly awful BUT it was a decision that was right for her and if I'm honest it was a decision made with the help of a vet who said it's time to let her go as her suffering is too much. She had suffered with diabetes from 8 years old and eventually went blind due to cataracts, side effect of diabetes, but still walked every day as she had mind mapped her walk, amazing to see. Her heart was the last thing to have problems and that happened when she was thirteen. Looking at her picture as I write this and still miss her and just occasionally think I hear her in the house, daft old sod that I am. Be kind for the dog and may be speak to your vet who should advise on the level of pain your dog is feeling. Whatever you do I feel for you, oh and do we what we should have done, go to a shelter and get another one !

Dogs are pack animals and will do all they can to not show weakness through illness or they will be left to die by the pack so they will do their level best to appear ok. I had to make the decision to put my baby to sleep 6 years ago this August. I know the date and even the time and held her as she went, it was truly awful BUT it was a decision that was right for her and if I'm honest it was a decision made with the help of a vet who said it's time to let her go as her suffering is too much. She had suffered with diabetes from 8 years old and eventually went blind due to cataracts, side effect of diabetes, but still walked every day as she had mind mapped her walk, amazing to see. Her heart was the last thing to have problems and that happened when she was thirteen. Looking at her picture as I write this and still miss her and just occasionally think I hear her in the house, daft old sod that I am. Be kind for the dog and may be speak to your vet who should advise on the level of pain your dog is feeling. Whatever you do I feel for you, oh and do we what we should have done, go to a shelter and get another one !

Kind words, thank you.

We tried a rescue dog before we had my best mate but it didn't work out. Went to visit it numerous times at the RSPCA as a family, mrs bb and two little uns and everything was fine. First day we took it home turned into a nightmare, I was working nights at the time so went to work as normal, about 10:30 got a phone call from the mrs saying the dog wouldn't let her through the kitchen door, barking and growling. Needless to say it went back first thing in the morning!

Not sure we will have another one, as I said the kids were little when we had him so mrs didn't work, both kids grown up now so mrs works so feel it would be unfair on the dog.

You're not a daft old sod. ;)

Can't stand dogs. I would have them all put down.

I remember getting rogered by one on the park when I was 7, and my relationships haven't got any better since.

My last engagement with dogs was when the lady who works with me picked me up in her car. The car stunk so bad of her stinky dog that I threw up out of the window.

The slobber everywhere, stink and you have to pick their crap up.

Then you have instances where they come upto you and start barking and jumping up at you and their owners just smile and say things like " he is only being friendly". Well if I jumped up at the owner and started to lick them I would probably get four years.

We had someone bring a puppy round our house two Christmases ago and it pissed all over our kitchen floor. The owner just remarked how it did these little wee's everywhere in there house. Felt like going round there house after a few pints and pissing up their fridge.

The only thing worse than dogs is dog owners.

I remember getting rogered by one on the park when I was 7, and my relationships haven't got any better since.

My last engagement with dogs was when the lady who works with me picked me up in her car. The car stunk so bad of her stinky dog that I threw up out of the window.

Then you have instances where they come upto you and start barking and jumping up at you and their owners just smile and say things like " he is only being friendly". Well if I jumped up at the owner and started to lick them I would probably get four years.

We had someone bring a puppy round our house two Christmases ago and it pissed all over our kitchen floor. The owner just remarked how it did these little wee's everywhere in there house. Felt like going round there house after a few pints and pissing up their fridge.

Id rather be a dog owner than a miserable shit, thanks.
  • Like 3

giphy.gif

You had sex with a dog when you were 7? No wonder your view on mans best friend has been tarnished.

I will continue to be a miserable shit, you continue to have a house that stinks. I will wave to you as you walk around carrying your dogs shit around.

I have a dog and yet, my house smells wonderful. Don't let me catch you when I'm out walking my little god, I'll make sure he pisses up your leg you mere peasant.
  • Like 2

I have a dog and yet, my house smells wonderful. Don't let me catch you when I'm out walking my little god, I'll make sure he pisses up your leg you mere peasant.

The problem is, none of you realise your houses smell. You get so used to the smell that you become accustomed to it. You will find that your house does smell, it is just the majority of people tend to be polite and not say anything about it.

You can easily tell a dog owners house as soon as the door opens.

I rent houses out, when I need a new tenant the agent will get me a list of potential occupiers. The agent will always put dog owners at the bottom of the list because they know the carpets will get ruined, the garden will be soiled and the stench will remain way after the tenant has left. Dog owners always have to leave an extra deposit, proof that there is an issue.

You just don't realise your houses pong

Doggist yes - **** - no need for the insults. Rather than insult go and clean your house, you might have visitors soon and they won't want that stale dog odour on their clothes

Why would you come into a thread where we are all enjoying sharing pictures and appreciating each other's canines, if all you want to do is talk about dog odour?

I suggest you go and buy some air freshener and get on with your lonely dog less existence you nasty little man.

I don't have a dog anymore but mum and dad had a golden Lab.loved that dog,very loving,very stupid and yes sometimes smelly but I wouldn't have changed that for the joy she gave us( the dog not mum)Remember the day she was put down,she was very old and couldn't have had a better life IMO.

My daughter was at my mums for 2 days a week from a baby for childcare and those two were inseparable.We had about an acre of land and wherever they were, they were no more than a few feet away from each other.Good memories.My dad died of Cancer a few years back but he was a keen gardener and had the most immaculate garden,if he was on his vegetable patch that dog would lie on the soil near him on some vegetables with my dad telling the dog to move,whilst this dog refused to budge ,but wagging its tail.Dad muttering all afternoon about his asparagus being ruined etc.Those memories are fantastic and I'm smiling now thinking about them.Would love a dog again but my garden isn't as big and we both work full time so I think its unfair on the dog.

Can I do my" I used to keep mountain goats" joke again please,I've not written it for a month or so and it's not repetitive enough and it might squeeze In this section.