Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

Just because you have a phobia of dogs doesn't mean no one can enjoy them. Also, wanting all of them put down? Nasty thing to say. I am still yet to meet an aggressive dog.

You haven't met my ex bro. :nigel:

Wow beaten by Lcfc2013, credit where it is due.

• Like 1

I was around a mates house once and his dog was partial to humping legs.Now there were a few of us that had been sleeping in his lounge after a night out when his humpy dog came in.There I was sitting with my legs out on the sofa when the dog decides my legs are the best things it has ever seen and starts humping.Thinking his parents are out I shout" wha hey,look at this little fooker go" while we all p!ss ourselves.thats until his mum came in with a face like thunder requesting me not to swear at her dog whilst this thing is still going for it!i should of told her to train her dog not to jizz on my jeans,but that was the era of stonewash.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a black lab, the best friend I've ever had. Unfortunately the end is fast approaching, he's 15 in august (if he makes it!) really struggles to get up, even have to lift his back end sometimes, standing still his back legs give way and he messes his bed most mornings. Plus side he still appreciates his fuss!

This is the most agonising decision to make, 😥😥anybody been through a similar situation?

Mrs bb wants his ashes back but I'm not so sure😢

Well the dreaded day finally came, I'm 47 years old and blubbed like a baby this morning, eyes still watering now.

Well the dreaded day finally came, I'm 47 years old and blubbed like a baby this morning, eyes still watering now.

Commiserations. Growing up, we had a family dog from before I was born until I was 15, when he had to be put down - identical circumstances to your dog, by the sound of it.

I knew what was going to happen before I went to school and went to give the old lad a last hug, but he thought that I was coming to give him a walk and, looking pleased, started to drag his weak back end off up the road - heartbreaking! My Dad said he had to drive around the town twice before he could take him into the vets and I came across him crying in the bathroom afterwards.

You know you've made the right decision for your dog, I'm sure, but must still be hard. All the best.

Had to go along with what the wife wanted although I was sceptical, but now sitting at home I'm very glad I did, just the thought of knowing what's happened to him is comforting. Bloody hell I bet I sound like a right wuss!

No mate, it's gutting. I still miss my goldie and it's been a good 4 years. Part of the furniture and then they're just gone, it's horrible.

My mate who I live with us considering getting one at the moment, i cant wait. Going to be so good having a stupid ball of fur tearing around the place again.

• Like 1

My sister's dog can hardly walk now and she has recently got married. Before she went away she told my mun who lives with them that she would like to be there if anything happens but not to feel guilty if my mum has to call the vet in. He struggles to walk and cock his leg now. They have another dog, his daughter so at least she won;t be without one. I think I posted a picture of them in their wedding outfits. my sister;s idea. poor sods.

• 2 weeks later...

It's fvcking horrible :(

Last year i lost my best dog friend, he was 16 and i'll never forget him, i still get sad at times now and i think i always will.. They become part of the family and while we eventually got a new dog he will never be forgot

As for our new dog? he's a total schizo! one minute he wants love next he's fvckin growling at you... Poor bugger got fvcked around from a young age though so can't imagine what goes on his head

Edited by Chrisuki

I just got told by the Mrs that I'm going to have to rehome my boy. She's pregnant and worried that he will hurt the baby, not intentionally but he's a big boy(over 40 kilos) She worrie's that he will knock over the pram or stand on the baby and do damage. Needless to say I'm gutted, does anyone know any decent rehoming places?

Thanks in advance.

New puppy today!

o8ocPaY.jpg

Any top tips for his first week? 

If this is your first puppy (I've only had my first puppy for 3 months) - I'd definitely recommend crate training. Ours hated hers at first but goes in all the time now and is quite happy in there.

They will cry till their throat is raw for the first few nights, it's so painful to hear but you have to ignore it or apparently they'll become more likely to get separation anxiety (ie. don't reward them for crying/howling/barking)

We didn't bother with paper or puppy training pads - just take them outside every 30 minutes during the day and really over-do it with the praise when they piss/shit outside. Also try to work a command for each. They'll still have the odd accident indoors but when this happens don't acknowledge them, just clean it up and use the de-scenting spray so they don't make a habit of it

You might find like ours that about a week after the puppy has been home and is now used to his surroundings, he'll test your patience - ours had a couple of days where she was really misbehaving and ignoring our commands. Apparently this is common, just work on your discipline. I find time-out is effective, put them in isolation for 5 or so minutes and don't talk to them or let them out if they are barking. They'll soon learn

Other than that, just have fun. The puppy will provide you with plenty of laughs (and when you start walking him/her, plenty of female attention)

If this is your first puppy (I've only had my first puppy for 3 months) - I'd definitely recommend crate training. Ours hated hers at first but goes in all the time now and is quite happy in there.

They will cry till their throat is raw for the first few nights, it's so painful to hear but you have to ignore it or apparently they'll become more likely to get separation anxiety (ie. don't reward them for crying/howling/barking)

We didn't bother with paper or puppy training pads - just take them outside every 30 minutes during the day and really over-do it with the praise when they piss/shit outside. Also try to work a command for each. They'll still have the odd accident indoors but when this happens don't acknowledge them, just clean it up and use the de-scenting spray so they don't make a habit of it

You might find like ours that about a week after the puppy has been home and is now used to his surroundings, he'll test your patience - ours had a couple of days where she was really misbehaving and ignoring our commands. Apparently this is common, just work on your discipline. I find time-out is effective, put them in isolation for 5 or so minutes and don't talk to them or let them out if they are barking. They'll soon learn

Other than that, just have fun. The puppy will provide you with plenty of laughs (and when you start walking him/her, plenty of female attention)

Cheers for the info. First night he was seemingly well behaved. We've set him up a base in the utility room so he's got his bed in one corner, there's some newspaper down in another and his food and water in a third. It's my housemates technically and he sort of dived into it so we're only just reading about crate training.

At the moment he's really well behaved, when we lead him to his bed he will stay there and usually conk out. He is very sociable but doesn't whine or anything when he's left alone. On top of that he is yet to piss or shit indoors and every time we have taken him outside he's gone and been great, getting lots of praise for that. He comes after you call him and couple of times and seems very open to new spaces and items.

Very well behaved over the last 24 hours so hoping that continues :D

Cheers for the info. First night he was seemingly well behaved. We've set him up a base in the utility room so he's got his bed in one corner, there's some newspaper down in another and his food and water in a third. It's my housemates technically and he sort of dived into it so we're only just reading about crate training.

At the moment he's really well behaved, when we lead him to his bed he will stay there and usually conk out. He is very sociable but doesn't whine or anything when he's left alone. On top of that he is yet to piss or shit indoors and every time we have taken him outside he's gone and been great, getting lots of praise for that. He comes after you call him and couple of times and seems very open to new spaces and items.

Very well behaved over the last 24 hours so hoping that continues :D

Bloody hell, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about then! Don't think I can really offer any other advice then, sounds like you got a low maintenance one.

If you're playing tug of war, make sure you start off with a longer object. When they put all their power into a bite even at a young age, it's surprising how much it stings if they accidentally get your hand.

Bloody hell, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about then! Don't think I can really offer any other advice then, sounds like you got a low maintenance one.

If you're playing tug of war, make sure you start off with a longer object. When they put all their power into a bite even at a young age, it's surprising how much it stings if they accidentally get your hand.

Yeahhh, he's got a sharp set of gnashers, most of them seem to at that age, I remember our retriever was the same when she was a pup. He likes gnawing on your knuckles but it's not too bad.

Here he is now, being a well behaved ball of fluff.

PjQ5aGV.jpg