Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

My dog bit me this morning.

The little scamp ;)

Play bite, or actual bite?

Mine play-bites me all the time when we're play fighting but she's really soft - if she applies any pressure I tell her off.

She's only properly bitten me a couple of times - once when we first got her, playing tug of war she accidentally chomped my thumb (still got a little scar) and I think she knew it actually hurt me because she seems to lunge less when we play now. Other time she was over-excited and jumped up to try to steal a toy I was teasing her with and tore a hole in my jeans. Bitch! (Literally)

Play bite, or actual bite?

Mine play-bites me all the time when we're play fighting but she's really soft - if she applies any pressure I tell her off.

She's only properly bitten me a couple of times - once when we first got her, playing tug of war she accidentally chomped my thumb (still got a little scar) and I think she knew it actually hurt me because she seems to lunge less when we play now. Other time she was over-excited and jumped up to try to steal a toy I was teasing her with and tore a hole in my jeans. Bitch! (Literally)

Have you ever thought she just doesn't like you?

"Don't worry, he won't bite, he will just lick you to death"

"If you hadn't looked scared, he wouldn't have gone for you"

"It's only a nip, it hasn't gone through the skin"

"Don't run, else he will run after you"

"He's only playing, just be friendly with him and he will like you"

Just a few sentences I have heard from dog owners over the years, with smiles on their faces. Basically blaming you for their unruly smelly dog.

My last encounter was about 6 months ago when for some obscure reason my gardener bought his horrible dog with him. As I walked round the side of the house this dog started off chasing me from about 20 yards. I managed to run back, but put my back out. Managed to pick up a small garden chair and battled the dog with it.

Gardener basically said it was my fault that his dog came bounding towards me.

The only thing worse than dogs are dog owners who let their dogs carry on like this.

If dogs were humans they would end up in court for they do.

Edited by Rob1742