Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Eldin Jakupovic

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Just a joke Geoff, calm down.

Perfectly calm, as always.

Just pointing out your trolling history to others, the weird obsession with having a go on many previous occasions.

How embarrassing for you though, getting a ban for trolling.

It's really not worth it. It's just a messageboard.

Breathe out, let it go.

xxx

10 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Perfectly calm, as always.

Just pointing out your trolling history to others, the weird obsession with having a go on many previous occasions.

How embarrassing for you though, getting a ban for trolling.

It's really not worth it. It's just a messageboard.

Breathe out, let it go.

xxx

Weve all made mistakes in the past Geoff and I dont think we need to go there....more embarassing things than being banned from a public forum ??

21 hours ago, Westlife said:

Without knowing anything I would be 100% certain that he's a footballer. However, I've been duped into believing this before . . . 

Having seen some of our business in the last couple of years I can't be that confident.

14 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

None of our keepers can kick. 

To say that Kasper can't kick is just not true. His distribution has been poor of late but there have been so many times that his kicking has put us on the attack to create chances and score goals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Having seen some of our business in the last couple of years I can't be that confident.

To be fair, I think the summer of 2016 was the only real horror show of the past five years or so. Since then we've signed Ndidi, Iborra and Maguire. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

To say that Kasper can't kick is just not true. His distribution has been poor of late but there have been so many times that his kicking has put us on the attack to create chances and score goals.

This world is full of two types of people, those who have sat through game after game of Kasper shanking it out for a throw in and idiots.

Saying that, who’s more the idiot for keeping going to matches. I’ve only seen us win away once all season and that was Shef UTD lol 

Edited by Costock_Fox

Hamer is not good enough IMO. Not sure about Jakupovic as not seen enough of him.

If Kasper got injured we would be in a mess so we should be looking to get another keeper in if Jakupovic is to be sold this window.

Hamer is out of contract in the summer anyway so will be gone. Don't know how highly rated or ready Iversen, Bramley or Yates are from the development teams, so strengthening the goalkeeping position within the squad will need to be addressed.

Hamer is not good enough IMO. Not sure about Jakupovic as not seen enough of him.

If Kasper got injured we would be in a mess so we should be looking to get another keeper in if Jakupovic is to be sold this window.

Hamer is out of contract in the summer anyway so will be gone. Don't know how highly rated or ready Iversen, Bramley or Yates are from the development teams, so strengthening the goalkeeping position within the squad will need to be addressed.
Good players don't want to sit on the bench, hence why most teams' backup keepers are a bit shit.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

To be fair, I think the summer of 2016 was the only real horror show of the past five years or so. Since then we've signed Ndidi, Iborra and Maguire. 

Iheanacho looks as bad as the worst of 2016 to be honest.

I dont think or believe   , Hamer is shit...hes more than adequate for cover.

Jaku..I want to see more of him before I even think of making any opinion.

I liked him at Hull..

So much BS over so called GKs , deliveries back into play. Jaku had some that went awry,

some were spot on and were poorly taken/challenged from our outfield players.

I see all over/across football arenas today GKs kicking to near the sidelines, that go out for throw-ins (too high)

No where near or even in the vicenity of their own players. Some gks have the fortune of having a small % of

better hits than misses. Alot depends on the commitment of their own outfield players.

The teams with better quality players, sharing the take -on.or are quality in the air, usually make their gks look

more successfull, or teams who play from the back, are so indifferent to their gks odd punt upfield,is immaterial

they  can hold it around midfield longer...so they are not once-again put under immediate pressure.

IMHO, gks are clearing their kicks too near the touchline, trying to prove they could play flyhalf .

at rugby If you take the center of the park, as your muster, then decide ca  on length, you have a

better chance creating a line where your own players recieve and get 1st touch/hold chance, or decent challenges in.

You can vary this by taking it off right or off left. 

In Vardy and Shinji, we dont have first air challengers.if it bounces then both including Slimani,

hage slick quick movement, that > might <  create a link up or chance. Mahrez has made great beautiful takes on measured obvious quick clearances from Schmeichel, and even Hamer.

Ulloa is the only guarranteed tall 1st header we have, so he can be targetted.

Jaku, was give a good reputation for his kicks, but has indicated you need hight, a mudfielder who looks for and takes 2nd ball knock downs, by being ready and alert for 2nd phase.

Our previous back foot mentality/attitude, put us most times automatically at a disadvantage.

Puel, with his idea on holding the ball longer, might see us improve in this halfway scramble millay...Previously our permanent will to press covered us. We havent played with that desire

Over long periods since the title year.

I for one, want to see a gk, be that  A GOALkeeper, and shotstopper with good reflex.

Schmeichel has that,

Jaku in that last shot reaction save, and misplaced backpass,shows he has a   good eye,reflexes and awareness.

Like Simpson, if he does   "His"   job well , that odd  kick that goes astray ....so what.!!

Gks distribution, is the lowest of my priorities, at present this slowly slowly catches the monkey

process from Puel, sits well with me.  Like many moments, sometimes a player finds his chances, with injury, or  including gks in PL rotation. I feel confident if given a fair crack,

he will become a crowd favourite, not indtead of but with Schmeichel...

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

None of our keepers can kick. 

Once the rules are changed in the EPL similar to the NFL, where after scoring a goal teams get a chance of an ‘extra point’, all of our keepers will be scoring field goals for fun.

26 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

s-l300.jpg

I just think, Puel is Holding  his GKs card Close to his nets...

Why should he commit , he has a top gk, with 1 known decent gk cover , and one that still needs to earn his Spurs,

and make a breakthrough....With a young lad, who I really dont know  his Competitive spirit.

I would love to See Jaku , come through, for next season...and actually bang on the door, showing with diplomacy

thst he want 1st team Football. Hamer is too quiet, so called 2nd GK, should show disatisfaction, of not making some

Pl game time....

16 hours ago, Gerard said:

Any updates on this @UpTheLeagueFox?

I think our second choice GK is a strange situation at the moment. Jakupovic gets a surprising start in the FA Cup but Hamer was on the bench against Chelsea. 

Two games this week. Fleetwood in FAC and Oldham in Checkatrade. I suspect Jakupovic will start one and Hamer the other. Hamer was due to play in the postponed Oldham game.

Hamer out of contract this summer. A new deal may depend on whether Jakupovic leaves.

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I just think, Puel is Holding  his GKs card Close to his nets...

Why should he commit , he has a top gk, with 1 known decent gk cover , and one that still needs to earn his Spurs,

and make a breakthrough....With a young lad, who I really dont know  his Competitive spirit.

I would love to See Jaku , come through, for next season...and actually bang on the door, showing with diplomacy

thst he want 1st team Football. Hamer is too quiet, so called 2nd GK, should show disatisfaction, of not making some

Pl game time....

Don't agree. Every top team had a clear number 1. You don't get top goalkeepers who are happy to sit on the bench and you can't swap your goalkeeper regularly if you want good defensive communication. Cortois and cech lasted about 6 months (maybe a season) after cortois came back from Spain before cech left. Couldn't keep him happy. 

46 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Don't agree. EvNVAery top team had a clear numberrom 1. You don't get top goalkeepers who are happy to sit on the bench and you can't swap your goalkeeper regularly if you want good defensive communication. Cortois and cech lasted about 6 months (maybe a season) after cortois came back from Spain before cech left. Couldn't keep him happy. 

Man.city are doing ok...

But I didnt mean you dont stamp the No1, but you need your 2nd choice get league outings, even if its only 5-6 per season.

Sitting on the bench, doesnt tone up Gks reflexes, timing and grow understanding with defence...

So a good cup run, with other fringe players...a must. But your n01 gets injured, your defence doesnt want a nervous

Gk flapping around behind...A no1 must have competition behind him.

The era has gone where  many clubs had 2 good gks and a young talent in their locker.

England, hardly broke in the 3rd gk, Corrigan from Man.city seemed to always miss out.

But England, did have 4-5 top gks to call on behind Shilton, and Clemence, they just faded

Out of International recognition. The top 2 leagues had top British born gks.

Just think, from the II wwar, Until the 90s, every generation produced 3-4 international class gks 

even if not always Wclass, if not all even seeing one cap..Today some good uns come along,

but could miss out, because of ill timed injuries, or simply staying stubborn to that one no1 gk.

I for one, cant understand why, we are not encouraging British gks through our 92 profi clubs,

and we have a tendency to go foreign in  our top 2 leagues.

Even the young 3rd gk talent, like Leicesters is Often not from these shores.

Pep, will prove you can win the title, with the use of 2 gks...Bravo + Ederson.

WE ourselves have a more consistent history 3 no1 gks Spanning 60s-80s...25years.

Coincidently man city had 2 Real  great no1s spanning 32yrs.

Bert trautmann, then Frank Swift...

Imho..all Pl clubs plus wanna bes, need 2 quality class GKS, who have a continual 10 gametime a season Experience..

This doesnt mean you shouldnt qualify or confirm your no1,

its just prudent to keep your then no2 playing in some high quality games, just like your Fringe outfield players ..

• 2 weeks later...