Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Eldin Jakupovic

The fact he was signed in the first place and then never even featured on the bench was a bit strange, there has to be some reason why he was signed then discarded, who knows.

Good save from the Dragovic backpass though.

Megalolz at him celebrating like he'd won the game with a match-winning save when the ball came of the post in the minute.

Another pointless signing.

:appl:Another fantastic piece of business Rudders and the team, don't know what we'd do without you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The fact he was signed in the first place and then never even featured on the bench was a bit strange, there has to be some reason why he was signed then discarded, who knows.

Not sure which Leicester player came closest to scoring today. Dragovic with his back pass or Benalouane when he rattled the post. lol

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

Kept us in the cup today. 100% clean sheet.

But that's not the point is it? Could Hamer or Kasper or the young Danish lad have done the same? Under your logic Benny and Harvey kept us in the cup today so their poor play is irrelevant is it? Kasper didn't keep us in the league cup so should we dump him?

Eldin was bought, given a chance under 2 different managers and hasn't managed to impose himself as the number 2 first team goalkeeper or no.1 u23 goalkeeper let alone challenge Kasper for his spot. Unless we bought him to slowly move up the GK ladder it was a waste of money. we could have had any number of other keepers for £2m.

I thought his distribution was shocking today .... On a day that we should have been looking to keep possession and play it short he seemed to ignore the short ball overtime and aimlessly punt it into touch or their centre half. Seemed like he was having a competition with Benny for who could look least like a footballer for the first 45 mins.

14 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

...or Puel has seen that Hamer isn't very good and thought he'd give Japukovic a chance. 

This really makes sense seeing as Puel has been here since October and Hamer has featured in every single one of his match squads....

17 hours ago, Matt said:

Megalolz at him celebrating like he'd won the game with a match-winning save when the ball came of the post in the minute.

Another pointless signing.

:appl:Another fantastic piece of business Rudders and the team, don't know what we'd do without you.

Why's he pointless, Ziegler went back to Germany, you need to have 3 senior keepers! Who every came was not displacing Kasper, so we need someone happy to be in the squad.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tuna said:

Good foul*

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why's he pointless, Ziegler went back to Germany, you need to have 3 senior keepers! Who every came was not displacing Kasper, so we need someone happy to be in the squad.

At the moment, I don't see why we don't stick with Hamer. Is Jakupovic really better in every single or most goalkeeper departments? I don't think so.

I'd fancy us signing Jonas Lössl. Great keeper and very good competition for Schmeichel.

20 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

I can also exclusively reveal we've bid for a unnamed right back. both parties keen on the move, cant name the player though because thats how these things work in the media.....

Aha, my FT stalker is back. Let's hope he doesn't get silly like last time when admin temporarily banned him. No need for weird obsessions with others really.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Aha, my FT stalker is back. Let's hope he doesn't get silly like last time when admin temporarily banned him. No need for weird obsessions with others really.

What's happened to @Moksky, who seemed to have inside information about certain transfer situations etc but quite a few were on his back?

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's happened to @Moksky, who seemed to have inside information about certain transfer situations etc but quite a few were on his back?

Was thinking exactly yesterday about  @Moksky as he was the source of some good info. Not been seen or heard of since July last year. Shame.

Shame it's not working out, so far, for Jakupovic. I think he's the ideal backup/bench keeper for us. Hamer is off in the summer anyway, as his contract is up. If Eldin is happy enough (clearly not) to be backup to Schmeichel, then he should stay. He should've have been given all the games Hamer has played this year IMO

Edited by FoxinNotts