Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Im not convinced this fasting malarkey is the way to go? Surely not? CF's intake can't be healthy and is in no way sustainable, even on a fasting diet.

Its only 2 days a week.

Nope I cant imagine its a sustainable diet. Most 'diets' people eventually begin to put weight back on if not more.

Wholefoods lifestyle suits me the most I can eat as much as I want and at weekends I treat myself to vegan ice cream and oreos or something else. Like I said in a previous post im building muscle mass by hitting the gym too and no need to calorie count. Its a win win. 

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Porridge ...   carrot and coriander soup ...    chicken salad ...     that’s all folks ....    :(

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

2 shredded wheat this morning, a satsuma at dinner and a tin of tomatoes for tea. #hardcore.

Scrambled eggs, Vietnamese prawn noodle curry, Thai chicken salad with sweet chilli sauce and peanuts, one apple one banana, hummus and carrot sticks.

My diet wins :D 

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Scrambled eggs, Vietnamese prawn noodle curry, Thai chicken salad with sweet chilli sauce and peanuts, one apple one banana, hummus and carrot sticks.

My diet wins :D 

Only if you want to be filled up with delicious food. On any other measure we win :unsure:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

600cals that’s like starvation diet

1 hour ago, Kyle_Le_Don said:

Cant imagine limiting uour body of nutrients to be that good for you. Couldnt you just do intermittent fasting? 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I agree getting nowhere near enough protein for a grown man 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Im not convinced this fasting malarkey is the way to go? Surely not? CF's intake can't be healthy and is in no way sustainable, even on a fasting diet.

Like Webbo says its only for 2 days a week and not even every week ...    and I am having 3 meals a day and plenty of water ...   I think thats healthy and gives my body a rest ...   and at the end of the day the weight comes off (mostly round my gut) and stays off.   You write down what you actually eat in a day ..   everything mind ...   you'll soon see its mainly rubbish and not as healthy as you think.    Everything I had today was quality, freshly made and quite tasty ...   :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Not really Bucey but I'm pretty active.  

8 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Like Webbo says its only for 2 days a week and not even every week ...    and I am having 3 meals a day and plenty of water ...   I think thats healthy and gives my body a rest ...   and at the end of the day the weight comes off (mostly round my gut) and stays off.   You write down what you actually eat in a day ..   everything mind ...   you'll soon see its mainly rubbish and not as healthy as you think.    Everything I had today was quality, freshly made and quite tasty ...   :thumbup:

Why not just change your eating habits?

If you ate healthily every day, you wouldn't have to lose weight in the first place.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Crisps and beer ...

lol Fair enough.

Edit: Speaking of crisps, @Countryfox, have you ever considered making your own? My daughter (who is as into healthy eating as I am) has a weakness for them, so I started making a home-made healthier version from root vegetables (beetroot, parsnip and sweet potatoes are her favourite, but we've tried yams and cassava too). They're really easy to make and you can control how much salt and which oil you use.

The only drawback is that I've yet to find a way of them remaining crispy beyond a few hours. I suspect it would require one of those dry air ovens.

Edited by Buce

19 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Last meal on day 2 ...   salmon salad ...    and very nice it was too ! ...    not felt hungry at all and the scales say it was worth it ...   feel good too..   :)      

1C601C45-7014-4DCB-AA69-0E57DA8542EC.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buce said:

lol Fair enough.

Edit: Speaking of crisps, @Countryfox, have you ever considered making your own? My daughter (who is as into healthy eating as I am) has a weakness for them, so I started making a home-made healthier version from root vegetables (beetroot, parsnip and sweet potatoes are her favourite, but we've tried yams and cassava too). They're really easy to make and you can control how much salt and which oil you use.

The only drawback is that I've yet to find a way of them remaining crispy beyond a few hours. I suspect it would require one of those dry air ovens.

Only really have them in the pub Bucey ...   not sure if they would like me taking my own in ..   :)

We grow a lot of our own stuff as you know and Mrs CF is very fussy about what we eat ...  fresh, free range, low fat, nutritious, etc ...    so overall my diet is probably pretty good.   I only packed it on after Christmas and then going on holiday ....   without her influence though I’d probably be as fat as Webbo ..   :)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Only really have them in the pub Bucey ...   not sure if they would like me taking my own in ..   :)

We grow a lot of our own stuff as you know and Mrs CF is very fussy about what we eat ...  fresh, free range, low fat, nutritious, etc ...    so overall my diet is probably pretty good.   I only packed it on after Christmas and then going on holiday ....   without her influence though I’d probably be as fat as Webbo ..   :)

It's my glands. :( 

• Haha 1

Not sure where to put this. We're watching that "Back in Time for Tea" They're making a typical meal from just after the first world war. They fry 1 rasher of bacon and then Mam and the kids get the bacon rubbed on their bread before Dad eats it.

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Not sure where to put this. We're watching that "Back in Time for Tea" They're making a typical meal from just after the first world war. They fry 1 rasher of bacon and then Mam and the kids get the bacon rubbed on their bread before Dad eats it.

That type of action made us the country we once were, let the kids starve while the grown men get bacon sarnies. 

I’m down to 14st now so hoping to drop into the 13st something bracket next week. If I do it will be the first time in as long as I can remember that I have. 

I am still on the intermittent fasting diet and to be fair I am not struggling that much with it now. With the weight falling off and my clothes coming looser it gives me the motivation to stick to it 

• 2 weeks later...

How's everyone getting on?

New Years motivation starting to wearing off pounds creeping back on? Still 100% committed?

I'm officially a healthy weight according to the massively flawed BMI, so my challenge is to stay under this threshold. I would like to lose a few more pounds, but after a weekend away with beers, bacon sarnies, crisps, doughnuts, cake, coffee and thai curry need a good week to get back on it.