Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The dieting thread

Lads down the pub have a bet on regarding losing weight

The winner gets £5 for every pound he loses more than the others 

At the minute the leader is in for £65 as needless to say some people are taking it more seriously than others

Competition between blokes that involves money certainly seems to focus minds

• Like 1

Been doing Joe Wicks since the start of January, the early enthusiasm is wearing off still eating well and just about doing the exercise. I've shifted 8lbs in the process and feel like it's been beneficial his recipes are mostly really nice and I'm not hungry but I just want to not be thinking about everything I eat and drink all the time. Really want to demolish a tube of pringles. 

On 18/01/2018 at 17:59, Marmite said:

I have downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and set my calories to 1500 a day to see if I can shift a few pounds. I am currently sitting at 14st 7 at the moment and in an ideal world I want to lose at least a stone. 

My biggest issue is the beer, I don’t drink in the week but when Leicester play at home on a saturday I’m drinking from about 11am till 8pm normally followed by a takeaway of some description. 

Hopefully by sticking to the 1500 calories the rest of the time I should still see a weight loss over time

This pretty much sums up me. 

Although, I listened to some advice from a PT which makes sense;

If someone gives you £100 a day, and you save that over the week, by the weekend you've got £500, but then you feel like treating yourself, so you might blow most of it. So potentially, you've saved nothing or a minimal amount. 

Calories work in the same way. Obviously it's doing no harm cutting them down, but it will be difficult to shift weight by ruining all the hard work at the weekend.

All about self discipline. Which can be very hard, especially with all your mates drinking etc. 

I tend to lose weight in the summer. I'm generally healthier (Longer walks, spending more time outside in general, eating salads, drinking more water) in warmer weather.

This time of year the only exercise i get is walking the dog. Cold dark evenings are kinda depressing. I tend to fight that by comfort eating. Takeaways a few times a week, lots of beer and chocolate.

Roll on summer!

I have lost three pounds when I weighed myself last Tuesday and on Wednesday I started intermittent fasting. I have been having soup around 2pm every day and then my normal meal at night and stop eating at 8pm. I plan to do this 5 times a week and stick to 2500 calories at the weekends. My mate has been doing this and has shifted 2 stone since just before Xmas. 

Its weigh day tomorrow so will let you know if it is working. 

Edited by Marmite
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Marmite said:

I have lost three pounds when I weighed myself last Tuesday and on Wednesday I started intermittent fasting. I have been having soup around 2pm every day and then my normal meal at night and stop eating at 8pm. I plan to do this 5 times a week and stick to 2500 calories at the weekends. My mate has been doing this and has shifted 2 stone since just before Xmas. 

Its weigh day tomorrow so will let you know if it is working. 

8 it is quite late, I stop around 6:30pm.

After my hospital stay over Xmas/New Year my weight dropped to less than 8 stone. I’ve put on a couple of lbs in the last few weeks but still a way to go to get back to my fighting weight of 9.5 stone.

If anyone’s got a bit of spare flab they want to shift then please feel free to send it my way :D

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

After my hospital stay over Xmas/New Year my weight dropped to less than 8 stone. I’ve put on a couple of lbs in the last few weeks but still a way to go to get back to my fighting weight of 9.5 stone.

If anyone’s got a bit of spare flab they want to shift then please feel free to send it my way :D

Get pumping that iron, Izzy - muscle weighs more than flab.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If only I could Muzzett ...    got plenty, especially in the gut region ...   :)

Glad your going in the right direction though mate ! ....   good news.

• Thanks 1

So a month on Joe Wickes fat loss plan, dropped from 14st 8 (post Christmas excesses) to 13st 13, jeans that were a bit too snug are now a nice fit, had a to break out a few belts. I've not really been hungry, and I've not been mega strict, I had one weekend on the beers and polished off a few christmas choccies. I have also cooked and eaten some great new dishes and saved a ton on buying fresh and cooking from scratch and most importantly planning meals and snacks in advance.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

wow, get on the KFC for breakfast, Dominos for lunch and Kebab for dinner routine.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

So a month on Joe Wickes fat loss plan, dropped from 14st 8 (post Christmas excesses) to 13st 13, jeans that were a bit too snug are now a nice fit, had a to break out a few belts. I've not really been hungry, and I've not been mega strict, I had one weekend on the beers and polished off a few christmas choccies. I have also cooked and eaten some great new dishes and saved a ton on buying fresh and cooking from scratch and most importantly planning meals and snacks in advance.

Top stuff mate well done, it gets addictive once you start seeing the results.

• Thanks 1

On 09/01/2018 at 20:49, Webbo said:

I'm about 5'10" and a half. On Christmas Eve I weighed myself at just under 14 stone. I packed in my 5:2 diet until this Monday. I weighed my self Sunday and I weighed 14 stone 9.:nigel:

Weighed myself Sunday, I was 14 stone 1.

• Like 1

Its a funny one with me, I spent years trying to get down to 11 stone and did so around this time last year. From that I got myself into an obsessive routine of gym 5/6 times a week and eating really healthily and dropped to 10.5 at the lowest.

Now after trying to put weight on I am back up to 11 stone or just under but have lost a shed load of muscle so still not happy.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Feel free bud, I’m over double your weight!!

people say I’m not fat because of my height but I need to lose a few stone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Feel free bud, I’m over double your weight!!

people say I’m not fat because of my height but I need to lose a few stone.

You must be a shoe-in for the Harlem Globetrotters, Cambridge. :P

• Haha 1

I've had my first downfall, was doing really well, going gym 4-5 times a week, eating healthy and started to see the difference. No alcohol, sugar, etc.

Then my partner's birthday came. Treated her to a weekend in London. As soon as we arrived in the morning, full English breakfast, boondocks for lunch, Italian for dinner. Hotel prepared us a bottle of champers in the room. Next day, another full English, five guys lunch and a Chinese for dinner. 

All that work before gone to waste! Only a weekend blip, but I've got that 'all been for nothing' mentality and hard to get back to it