Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Dolores O'Riordan

The cranberries were huge in the 90s and even cracked the states. Then they more or less vanished after. Not a super fan as such but I like a good few of their singles.

They seemed to take a bit of a hammering from music critics.

Up until very recently 'Dreams' was still a favourite on 90s themed stations.

Being famous didn't seem to suit Dolores. I'm from the same county as her in Limerick. Very sad.

My lasting memories are playing Secret of Mana at my dad's while No Need to Argue would play on his stereo and later (for some random reason) listening to Icicle Melts on repeat for 6 hours as I had an all-nighter exam session at uni.

Weirdly for its lyrical content, Zombie only reminds me of happier times. Was getting absolutely blasted out in the square in Brugge, and also in a pub after the Copenhagen match. Also always seem to hear it somewhere when I'm over seeing mates in Germany. Guess there's less sensitivity over the song's meaning abroad?

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Weirdly for its lyrical content, Zombie only reminds me of happier times. Was getting absolutely blasted out in the square in Brugge, and also in a pub after the Copenhagen match. Also always seem to hear it somewhere when I'm over seeing mates in Germany. Guess there's less sensitivity over the song's meaning abroad?

Even better was sitting on the water front in Croatia listening to the Cranberries come belting out. Not sure whether or not they've heard Bosnia (Sarajevo)! 

Edited by Finnegan

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

One of her songs came on the radio on Sunday and my mum said who sings this and i said the Cranberries and then twenty four hours later i hear she has died!. such a great voice and i will always remember the song Linger.

Did your mum visit London in the last few days?