Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

I wonder if that will mean a bigger budget and therefore bigger name contestants?

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Well you'd certainly hope it'll give them a bigger budget. Doubt they'll mess with it too much though, I mean channel 4 didn't mess with the Bake Off format when they got that, and they seem to be doing ok with it. They are buying it for a reason, the show works as it is.

Yes, this is probably the most promising thing, the Bake Off precedent. The show absolutely does not need anything more pumped into it though. It doesn't need any "bigger names" trying to steal the show, dominating. The current format genuinely is perfect as it is. No "reality stars" from the Channel 4 catagloue, no intertextual promotion.

It's definitely a show which it finely poised in how good it it. Wouldn't take much for the whole thing to be ruined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Yes, this is probably the most promising thing, the Bake Off precedent. The show absolutely does not need anything more pumped into it though. It doesn't need any "bigger names" trying to steal the show, dominating. The current format genuinely is perfect as it is. No "reality stars" from the Channel 4 catagloue, no intertextual promotion.

It's definitely a show which it finely poised in how good it it. Wouldn't take much for the whole thing to be ruined.

100%. You'd like to hope given how involved with it Horne has been, he'd draw the line at people dicking about with it – it is, primarily, a comedy programme.

It'd kill it completely if they threw a tonne of tossers from reality telly in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

100%. You'd like to hope given how involved with it Horne has been, he'd draw the line at people dicking about with it – it is, primarily, a comedy programme.

It'd kill it completely if they threw a tonne of tossers from reality telly in.

I've read a few comments about Avalon being very defensive with their TV formats, so Channel 4 having much of a say in changing will be limited at best, I hope anyway!

So many things are crucial to it's success. The house, the presenters, even the layout of the studio. It needs to remain untouched and the chance for us to see established and emerging talent. Some will be better then others, of course, and Series 7 is it's undoubted peak, so hopefully Avalon haven't been drawn in by the lure of £££.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above! You'd like to think c4 see how popular it is on Dave (the most popular at that!) so they see how it works well and no need to tamper with it. 

There's plenty of stars that could go on it without them being reality TV stars. As mentioned above I think Alex Horne would know who works well and they've avoided reality TV people up to now so don't see why they'd start going for them :)

Already intrigued to see who's on series 10 and the current series hasn't even finished lol

Also this series has been great, the last one (S8) was the worst by a stretch for me and the one I wasn't bothered about missing or catching up with had I missed an ep.

I actually didn't mind series 6 to be honest, but that might have just been because of Alice Levine.

I've not been a huge fan of this one honestly, I do feel the quality has shifted when they've gone to 10 episodes does feel a bit too much. The first couple are gold and leave you wanting more, whereas this one i wouldnt mind it finishing now. Be interesting in the move to channel 4 would size down the episodes a bit. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

That 7-task task today was superb. 

I think it went under appreciated that David launched them into a hedge and then got them all back. I'm surprised by how incompetent he's been on in though generally haha, makes Frank Skinner look great in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Richard Herring and Johnny Vegas should be good. I like Katherine Parkinson too. I know of the other woman but never heard of Rizwan. 

I reckon Danny Dyer would be good on there at some point. He's always really funny on whatever he goes on and doesn't mind the piss being taken out of him. 

Edited by The Bear

10 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Daisy May Cooper means already this will be among the best series, she is brilliant

Agreed she is perfect for a series like this. 

Really happy with the line up was worried when it moved from Dave to channel 4 that it would be filled with reality TV stars 

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

First channel 4 line up announced. Should be a great series. 

1. Richard Herring
2. Daisy May Cooper
3. Mawaan Rizwan
4. Katherine Parkinson
5. Johnny Vegas

Excellent line up. 

Mawaan Rizwan will be brilliant. 

Parkinson and Vegas too. Vegas will be the utterly dumb one but pull off some great comedic scenes no doubt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cooper will be class but I can never decide if Herring is pretty likeable or a complete weapon. I like his podcast but he finds himself hilarious.

I know what you mean. Being a bit of a knob is part of his stage persona and doesn't always quite hit the mark.

When being interviewed as 'himself' he's very sensible and down to earth