Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

I thought it was an ok start, nothing more. Impressed with Mawaan Rizwan, never heard of him before and seems a good balance between funny and also quite interesting with the tasks. Richard Herring will be good in the tasks i reckon, Jonny Vegas is a bit much for me and I've never been able to warm to him, Daisy will be fun in the tasks but can see the constant pissing herself in studio becoming annoying and hopefully Katherine just had a bad start and is not just playing the "thick" character role..

I thought the tasks were a little weak, hopefully Alex got more up his sleeve. 

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I thought it was an ok start, nothing more. Impressed with Mawaan Rizwan, never heard of him before and seems a good balance between funny and also quite interesting with the tasks. Richard Herring will be good in the tasks i reckon, Jonny Vegas is a bit much for me and I've never been able to warm to him, Daisy will be fun in the tasks but can see the constant pissing herself in studio becoming annoying and hopefully Katherine just had a bad start and is not just playing the "thick" character role..

I thought the tasks were a little weak, hopefully Alex got more up his sleeve

Alex doesn't actually come up with most of the tasks. I didn't notice last night if this is still the case but ever since series 2, Tim Key has been listed as a task co-ordinator/advisor so I always assumed that means he's one of the minds responsible for coming up with the tasks

5 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Alex doesn't actually come up with most of the tasks. I didn't notice last night if this is still the case but ever since series 2, Tim Key has been listed as a task co-ordinator/advisor so I always assumed that means he's one of the minds responsible for coming up with the tasks

Alex works with Tim Key to create them he said that in a recent interview. 

Originally when the show was at the Fringe festival there was no 'Greg Davies' role Alex did it all. Was still brilliant but definitely works better with both. 

• 4 weeks later...

There's a Taskmaster podcast now if anyone is interested. Released straight after each episode, presented by Ed Gamble. He has a former contestant (or in week 1 Alex Horne) on and they go through the episode as well as talk about their time on the show

Edited by Facecloth

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I thought this season was piss poor. One or two amusing bits but nothing in comparison to previous seasons. 

I think you have to understand how difficult it would be to film a show like this in the current climate. Decent job tbf, I imagine there had to be a lot of changes midway through the filming let alone planning.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think you have to understand how difficult it would be to film a show like this in the current climate. Decent job tbf, I imagine there had to be a lot of changes midway through the filming let alone planning.

Yep, especially with the lack of audience in the studio I think they've done pretty well to make a series out of it. 

Just finished season 4 here in Oz. It is surprisingly brilliant, (it has taken me this long to stop hating Greg Davies for being Rik Mayall)

To my knowledge it only appeared on our screens about 2 months ago and I had never heard of it... very pleased to see there are still so many seasons to come :)

7 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I actually thought this was one of the better series

I really enjoyed it, everyone took it at the right level of serious and comedic effect. 

The spider task last night had me in stitches, Catherine Parkinson is possibly the doziest contestant ever, but prone to moments of genius. 

Mawan: "It's a cat!"

The only downside has been the prize task at the start, but I guess they are limited to things they have in their house.

• Like 1

I thought this series was great considering the restrictions they had. 

Daisy at the end actually looked gutted in the final task! 

Interesting line up for next series to and glad as they have moved to channel 4 they are still giving up the lesser known comedians a chance. My biggest worry when it moved to channel 4 was that it would be littered with reality TV stars! 

The champions of champions series should be great to. 

• Like 1

I generally enjoyed it but it really put me off Daisy who I previously liked. Although the others all came across well.

She seemed really cynical, especially to  Richard Herring on the team tasks, who she just seemed to take a real dislike to for no reason and it felt a bit like bullying towards him at times.

Edited by Sampson

I thought it was good under the circumstances. No audience, changing dynamics all would have thrown spanners in the works. The team tasks for example were so.much easier this year for the 2 rather than 3 as clearly the rules about being indoors had changed between shooting. 

I thought daisy was hilarious, I mean I'd hate to live next door to her but shes clearly mad as a box of frogs. 

I never try and judge the future series too much as I've been so wrong on so many occasions. People you think will be funny either aren't or try to hard, and those you don't really know turn out to be gold. 

1 minute ago, RobHawk said:

I thought it was good under the circumstances. No audience, changing dynamics all would have thrown spanners in the works. The team tasks for example were so.much easier this year for the 2 rather than 3 as clearly the rules about being indoors had changed between shooting. 

I thought daisy was hilarious, I mean I'd hate to live next door to her but shes clearly mad as a box of frogs. 

I never try and judge the future series too much as I've been so wrong on so many occasions. People you think will be funny either aren't or try to hard, and those you don't really know turn out to be gold. 

Final point is a good one. One series where I'd heard of all the contestant, and I thought it was that bad I've never actually finished it. That was the Russell Howard, Tim Vine, Asim Chaudhry, Lisa Tarbuck and Alice Levine series. I'm wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of them all, but they were all household names and I thought it was a terrible series.