Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Favourite Pre/Post match pub.  

207 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you most enjoy a drink pre/post match?



Recommended Posts

Posted

Soar point was an absolute shambles today. Managed to get a table but it took me 25 mins to get the first pint. They had 2 bar staff on even though the place was absolutely rammed. I ordered food and got to my table, then after about 20 mins the manager comes over and says the table is reserved and 3 people were at the door and we had to leave. I said well I can’t seeing as we have food on the way and there is no sign on the table saying it was reserved. He then says we’ll it’s reserved so move, I said what about the food I’ve paid for? Then he just walked off. Anyway in the end they actually turned away the people who had reserved the table. I felt bad for them but what a shambles. The food took 1 hour 20 to arrive too! I just can’t believe they were so unorganised, what did they expect? Also why the hell would a pub be taking reservations on match day when it’s gonna be full anyway?!

Posted
43 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Soar point was an absolute shambles today. Managed to get a table but it took me 25 mins to get the first pint. They had 2 bar staff on even though the place was absolutely rammed. I ordered food and got to my table, then after about 20 mins the manager comes over and says the table is reserved and 3 people were at the door and we had to leave. I said well I can’t seeing as we have food on the way and there is no sign on the table saying it was reserved. He then says we’ll it’s reserved so move, I said what about the food I’ve paid for? Then he just walked off. Anyway in the end they actually turned away the people who had reserved the table. I felt bad for them but what a shambles. The food took 1 hour 20 to arrive too! I just can’t believe they were so unorganised, what did they expect? Also why the hell would a pub be taking reservations on match day when it’s gonna be full anyway?!

I went there for the first time today and couldn’t believe how little bar staff they had on. They were more worried about sorting the drinks for the people that had ordered through the app than serving the people at the bar. Need another 2/3 behind the bar

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I went there for the first time today and couldn’t believe how little bar staff they had on. They were more worried about sorting the drinks for the people that had ordered through the app than serving the people at the bar. Need another 2/3 behind the bar

Yeah exactly. They should sack off they table app ordering ASAP. Also still having tables reserved is just so stupid, makes me think what clown is running the place. 

Posted

Soar Point will pick up when the students come back and they hire staff in time for Freshers. They got caught with their pants down because they probably forgot that football starts in August. lol

 

Try it again in a month's time and it'll be fine. Apart from the £6 for an IPA. :whistle:

Posted
24 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Starting to feel quite light in terms of pre/post match drinking options near the ground.


Western not really worth it anymore and Soar point was a bit of a nightmare pre match.

 

 

What was Oases and that pub next to Iceland like?

 

Any decent gaffs near Sumo etc

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

What was Oases and that pub next to Iceland like?

 

Any decent gaffs near Sumo etc

Ive been using Oases for about 15 years for match days. I love it in there. Never any trouble & a real mixed bag of characters in there. 
Beer is decent price. £3.70 a pint. Was £3 before lockdown etc. Can't blame them for putting price up. 
Thought it was gonna be rammed Saturday with Lost Bar being closed but it was quite comfortable. 

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Ive been using Oases for about 15 years for match days. I love it in there. Never any trouble & a real mixed bag of characters in there. 
Beer is decent price. £3.70 a pint. Was £3 before lockdown etc. Can't blame them for putting price up. 
Thought it was gonna be rammed Saturday with Lost Bar being closed but it was quite comfortable. 

I know the owners really well, good guys.

Posted

Stood outside in the rain drinking room temperature Guinness at the Blues Bar.

 

In my mind I had an ice cold pint on a glorious summers day :unsure:

  • Haha 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Livid said:

Stood outside in the rain drinking room temperature Guinness at the Blues Bar.

 

In my mind I had an ice cold pint on a glorious summers day :unsure:

Did great steak cobs there last time have personally went there (pre-pandemic).

Not sure if they're still doing them.

  • Like 1
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

What was Oases and that pub next to Iceland like?

 

Any decent gaffs near Sumo etc

Pubs wise you have the Black Horse, West End Brewery and the doghouse. 
Bars- natterjacks, some goth metal one and one or two other bang average places.

Posted

West End Brewery is great. For a relatively modern place it’s characterful and it’s beer selection is always getting better

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Pubs wise you have the Black Horse, West End Brewery and the doghouse. 
Bars- natterjacks, some goth metal one and one or two other bang average places.

I like West End Brewery but it is very small, how busy does it get

Posted
14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Pubs wise you have the Black Horse, West End Brewery and the doghouse. 
Bars- natterjacks, some goth metal one and one or two other bang average places.

Ha. What is the goth metal one?

Posted
20 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I like West End Brewery but it is very small, how busy does it get

Only ever been in first thing on a match day so not sure on that. I really like it too in there.

  • Like 1
Posted

Clarreh pre

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Blues Bar should be absolutely rammed every game given where it is. Club could hit a huge market if they open up a pub or bar in the new expansion. 

if they want to make it a destination like they said a big sports bar where they could put events on for other sports would make sense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...