Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Favourite Pre/Post match pub.  

207 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you most enjoy a drink pre/post match?



Recommended Posts

Posted

I really struggle with this.

I’m a member, I live in Nottingham and when I get a ticket I’m going ‘on me one’.

I want a boozer where I can sing a few songs and get that feeling of walking down to the ground mobbed up, singing and making some noise before the game. Seems like in the Filbert Street days that just happened but nowadays you have to seek it out.

Where should I go if I want to sing, drink and be merry? 

Posted
1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I really struggle with this.

I’m a member, I live in Nottingham and when I get a ticket I’m going ‘on me one’.

I want a boozer where I can sing a few songs and get that feeling of walking down to the ground mobbed up, singing and making some noise before the game. Seems like in the Filbert Street days that just happened but nowadays you have to seek it out.

Where should I go if I want to sing, drink and be merry? 

Away games.:thumbup:

  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted
5 hours ago, baker11 said:

A bloke on Bentleys Roof mentioned his mate has taken over the Swan and it will be reopening in a few weeks time.

I’ve heard a few Indian lads have bought it and turning it into a sports bar.

 

They already own a couple of other pubs, The Broadway and a sports bar in Oadby. The Oadby place has been a really good success serving cracking food and reasonable prices on the beer.

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’ve heard a few Indian lads have bought it and turning it into a sports bar.

 

They already own a couple of other pubs, The Broadway and a sports bar in Oadby. The Oadby place has been a really good success serving cracking food and reasonable prices on the beer.

The Broadway has only just recently reopened. 

  • 2 months later...
Posted

If I'm with my son and get there early we go in the 1884 Bar at the Stadium. Grab a sofa, get some drinks, watch the footy and my lad can sit and mess around on his phone.

 

Was in there earlier this season (forget which game) - it was a cold horrible day and I did wonder if you are allowed to stay in there and watch the game on TV rather than going in the stadium!

lol

  • 1 month later...
Posted
11 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Thats what I have heard. 

Expect nice food and cheap booze then. Though if they are putting on what they have in their other pubs it will be coors, carling, estrella, cobra. 

 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Expect nice food and cheap booze then. Though if they are putting on what they have in their other pubs it will be coors, carling, estrella, cobra. 

 

AGAINST MODERN PUBS 

Posted

Happy to see it opening again. Would've been a crying shame if it'd stopped being a boozer again for good.

 

38 minutes ago, Filberts Treat said:

If they serve Estrella on tap I’m all for them!

Can be so hit and miss in this country though. Ace in Barca mind, and nice enough in bottles here. Sounds like these lads are experienced so hopefully all tastes OK.

Posted
31 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Happy to see it opening again. Would've been a crying shame if it'd stopped being a boozer again for good.

 

Can be so hit and miss in this country though. Ace in Barca mind, and nice enough in bottles here. Sounds like these lads are experienced so hopefully all tastes OK.

I went Barca last year for the first time. That’s where my love for it comes from so you got me there! My favourite pubs are Everards, love a pint of their Tiger. 

Brill news about The Swan. Miss the sight of City fans drinking en masse out front match day. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...