Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

42 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We went Wells NTS last year. Pre-covid we used to go a lot as a friend had a caravan there and it was a lovely little town, but it seems the London set made it a holiday destination when they couldn't go abroad, so it went massively upmarket :(

We would usually drink on The Albatross, the sailing ship moored in the harbour, but that wasn't there either.

Happened with Southwold and Aldeburgh in the next county along too…. I like them both and love Wells…. The beach and forest are stunning…. I guess I just don’t get to choose who I share it with or how much they choose to charge for beer!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Something popped up on West End Brewery's facebook page the other day, for a split second I thought it would be them reopening.

You got me excited then 

Any idea what is going in there as looks like some work taken place? 

Edited by Lako42

11 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Not enough staff on at the bowling green yesterday, only 3 staff to serve beer & food including a new girl.

Did have a range of Brixton lagers on which was good 👍 

The bloke that's been installed in there was previously in the Coach and Horses at Kibworth for a few weeks, unaware that this was only temporary stop gap by Carlsberg. 

Provided the Salmon is remaining a Black Country Ales pub, I don’t see it going all upmarket with a refurb. Carpet all day those pubs. 

my boss was telling me the Welly in Brum used to be a really smart building until BCA come in put carpet down and wallpaper on the walls 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2023 at 19:29, Samilktray said:

The Broadway is another one. Went there Friday and the food was tremendous 

Yeah Broadway is good, we have our takeaways from there when working Friday nights. Chicken Tikka roll & masala chips. 

Going The Clowes on Thursday with friends looking forward to that 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

Cheney Arms in Gaddesby is lovely. Doesn't feel much like an Everards.

Starting at the Stilton Cheese Inn on the next leg of the Leicestershire Round in Somerby.

The famous pie night on a Wednesday evening at the cheney arms requires booking 3 weeks in advance. Great place.