Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

On 06/10/2023 at 14:33, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's more of a bar, but I quite liked the set up at Ronnie Roos the other week.

It's not overly 'matchday' but it's another option down Millstone Lane, where a lot of the other good pubs are.

Searching somewhere in Leicester showing the Man City-Liverpool game on Saturday (regretted that in the end) and came across this place. It was completely empty at 12:25 just as the teams came out.

Filled out nicely as the game went on but was quite a decent place and really reasonably priced. Bit cold this time of year for me where I was sat but nothing a hat didn't fix. Would definitely go again.

• Like 1

Went to the Western for one pint on a lunchtime walk, the place is in a sorry state. Pint stunk like fart/egg- Mystic by Everards. Staff member was conducting a family meeting across the bar. I miss a Steamin Billy pub in the city. Also whoever checked off the redecoration should be sacked.

• 2 weeks later...

It's so frustrating how's there's literally no decent pubs around the station or en route from the station to the ground. I come in from Barrow and find myself drinking at Hotel Brooklyn which is essentially having a pint at an upmarket Premier Inn. Even more frustrating when you compare this to Nottingham where there's loads of good pubs within 2 minutes of the station. I'll give the Real Ale Classroom ago for the Plymouth game but it's still a slight detour. Would happily sack off the station redevelopment to have the Parcel Yard back lol

5 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

It's so frustrating how's there's literally no decent pubs around the station or en route from the station to the ground. I come in from Barrow and find myself drinking at Hotel Brooklyn which is essentially having a pint at an upmarket Premier Inn. Even more frustrating when you compare this to Nottingham where there's loads of good pubs within 2 minutes of the station. I'll give the Real Ale Classroom ago for the Plymouth game but it's still a slight detour. Would happily sack off the station redevelopment to have the Parcel Yard back lol

If you’re at Hotel Brooklyn for a drink, could you not go to the Kings Head, it’s about a 7/8 minute walk.

• Like 2

Any reports on the new classroom?

i live 10 mins stroll from the original and like it, but not so keen on the overly sweet / strong IPA they tend to serve…. I wish they did proper bitter too…. I just can’t get on board with craft beers after many attempts !!!

36 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Anyone remember the Bentintck opposite the station?

Not the nicest pub in Notts.

On 29/11/2023 at 16:00, westernpark said:

Went to the Western for one pint on a lunchtime walk, the place is in a sorry state. Pint stunk like fart/egg- Mystic by Everards. Staff member was conducting a family meeting across the bar. I miss a Steamin Billy pub in the city. Also whoever checked off the redecoration should be sacked.

Completely agree. There's not 1 good pint to be had in there these days. All the Everards stuff must be kept really poorly because it's awful. The one IPA they have on is barely drinkable, Lagers are flat and the Guinness is very thin. 

A real shame. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

The hind or kings head? Imo both decent 

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

If you’re at Hotel Brooklyn for a drink, could you not go to the Kings Head, it’s about a 7/8 minute walk.

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The hind or kings head? Imo both decent 

I went to the King's Head a few times when I worked on New Walk- I wasn't a massive fan. 

Always thought the Hind looked like a right dive but will give it a try as there's no other options!

Sadly all the decent pubs are the other side of town. I don't mind the Marquis but it's a little out the way. 

Edited by Chris_OGrady

2 hours ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I went to the King's Head a few times when I worked on New Walk- I wasn't a massive fan. 

Always thought the Hind looked like a right dive but will give it a try as there's no other options!

Sadly all the decent pubs are the other side of town. I don't mind the Marquis but it's a little out the way. 

What didn’t you like about the kings head out of interest?

The Hind keeps their cask well, they had four to choose from.