Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's got some teething issues behind the bar I'd say. 

Hopefully they get it going well but can see why it struggles a bit when busy. 

Yeah I was planning on enjoying the garden this weekend, before and after the foootball, but think it may better for a quite pint on the way home on a Monday night!

-edit- don’t even think it’s open on a Monday!

Edited by westernpark
Monday

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yeah I was planning on enjoying the garden this weekend, before and after the foootball, but think it may better for a quite pint on the way home on a Monday night!

-edit- don’t even think it’s open on a Monday!

You'd think it's the type of place that lecturers would go for a drink. 

I might give it a go this weekend and sit outside, although apparently there's an open day at DMU which seems oddly timed. 

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

although apparently there's an open day at DMU which seems oddly timed. 

Yes I saw that, now the Uni has relinquished control over some of the buildings in Castle view, I wonder how busy it’ll be that way. DMU liked to sell that area as part of their campus offering.

Went to The Bradgate in Newtown Linford.

Excellent pizza. The main menu looks good, too.

It's a shame it's an Everards pub as there were no independent draught ales available and I'm not really a fan of Tiger.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Parafox said:

Went to The Bradgate in Newtown Linford.

Excellent pizza. The main menu looks good, too.

It's a shame it's an Everards pub as there were no independent draught ales available and I'm not really a fan of Tiger.

Did they not have any of the special ales Everard's do on? Some of the ones they've done recently have been good.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Did they not have any of the special ales Everard's do on? Some of the ones they've done recently have been good.

They had Tiger and a new one that I was given a taster of. I can't remember what it was called but it wasn't full bodied enough for me.

I do like Old Original but it wasn't on.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

They had Tiger and a new one that I was given a taster of. I can't remember what it was called but it wasn't full bodied enough for me.

I do like Old Original but it wasn't on.

That's a shame. Tend to flip between that and Tiger if I fancy a winter pint these days, though Sunchaser always wins out if on a session or it's a summer's day.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The Salmon having the most unnecessary refurb of all time then. Like a mate said just gone and nabbed themselves spoons carpet and wallpaper.
It was loved because it wasn’t a carbon copy and it looked and felt proper.

I have seen pictures and I’m gutted, it’s bizarre. It was clearly designed by someone who has never been for a drink there.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Any recommendations for decent pubs between Loughborough and Leicester that do food too - nothing too fine-diney.

We used to go to the Badger's Sett in Cropston if we were out that way, nice pub with good food, no idea what the beer is like though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Any recommendations for decent pubs between Loughborough and Leicester that do food too - nothing too fine-diney.

The Blacksmith's Arms in Barrow-On-Soar.

The Greyhound in Burton-On-The-Wolds.

The Three Crowns and The Windmill in Wymeswold.

• Thanks 1

On 13/10/2023 at 17:16, SemperEadem said:

The Salmon having the most unnecessary refurb of all time then. Like a mate said just gone and nabbed themselves spoons carpet and wallpaper.
It was loved because it wasn’t a carbon copy and it looked and felt proper.

Normally have a few in there on match days before wandering into town. 

Coolasleicester poster something the other day..  it looks a complete eye sore now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 23/10/2023 at 14:24, Ashley said:

Normally have a few in there on match days before wandering into town. 

Coolasleicester poster something the other day..  it looks a complete eye sore now.

Sunnies needed for the wallpaper. Really not sure what thinking was behind getting rid of that lovely central bar.

• 2 weeks later...