Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Nice pubs in Leicester

On 01/06/2023 at 23:36, SemperEadem said:

£6.10 for Everards lager in the Globe is really taking the piss.

That’s outrageous….   Knocked off the list of pubs I’d go to (not that I stray beyond the cherry tree too often)

Anyone who thinks they can rinse it will…. I was at wells next to the sea and had two half lagers and a bag of crisps…. £8.20

i went back to the bar as I’d assumed it was a mistake…. Apparently not…. I now know what it was called the Golden Fleece…. They’re in the bin too

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2023 at 21:16, Wolfox said:

That’s outrageous….   Knocked off the list of pubs I’d go to (not that I stray beyond the cherry tree too often)

Anyone who thinks they can rinse it will…. I was at wells next to the sea and had two half lagers and a bag of crisps…. £8.20

i went back to the bar as I’d assumed it was a mistake…. Apparently not…. I now know what it was called the Golden Fleece…. They’re in the bin too

Seems a bit extortionate (wells next the sea). I've been down to Hastings a few times this last year, and I thought it was getting expensive in a couple of places there with a beer over £5. I know even crisps can cost close to £2 nowadays but £8.20...

Worst rip-off is wine (whether in a pub or restaurant). They often offer the full bottle if you order two glasses - they've already made their money...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fair bit of movement at the minute WRT Manhattan 34 (although a great tenant is lined up) & Parcel Yard closing whilst Katie O'Briens is opening this week.

Would love it if one of the shire's newer breweries took on the Brewdog building. 

Oh, and the biggest news of all, Duffy's have pushed the boat out to put... cobra on tap.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Fair bit of movement at the minute WRT Manhattan 34 (although a great tenant is lined up) & Parcel Yard closing whilst Katie O'Briens is opening this week.

Would love it if one of the shire's newer breweries took on the Brewdog building. 

Oh, and the biggest news of all, Duffy's have pushed the boat out to put... cobra on tap.

KOB knocking out £7 Guinness, that won't last.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Anytime i'm visiting I always end up at The Old Horse on London Road.  I like it, nice atmosphere on friday and saturday nights. 

I also liked The Blues Pub in Oadby on Uplands Road.  Been closed for a number of years thought now. 

The Old Horse always smells of roast potatoes and for that I can’t fault it 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

Anytime i'm visiting I always end up at The Old Horse on London Road.  I like it, nice atmosphere on friday and saturday nights. 

I also liked The Blues Pub in Oadby on Uplands Road.  Been closed for a number of years thought now. 

That pub in question is a Co-Op now 

2 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

I always remember it having a hearse parked outside all the time.

• Like 1

Searched this thread before posting and can only find a reference back in March.

Am a huge fan of Bulls Head in Leicester Forest West/Desford Crossroads area. The only problem is it's a faff to walk to in the cycle lane of the A47, but honestly the food is fantastic (their lunch baguette is insane). Madri/Moretti on tap but they have some good Everards beers. Have California Common on atm which is really nice.

Really nice inside setting as well and their outdoor is brilliant (if the weather ever decides to improve). Being in the LFE/Kirby Muxloe area means it's slim pickings for walking distance pubs, but Bulls Head is worth the trip/effort.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Raj said:

Went to 3 kilns in rushed mead on Friday with a few for some "indian" food.

Packed at 7pm so you need to book a table.

Decent

I have heard it’s very good there, I’ll have to try it out. Also Royal Leicesters has been recommended to me.

We’ve been using Himalaya at crown hills pub quite a lot recently. Not had a bad meal yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I have heard it’s very good there, I’ll have to try it out. Also Royal Leicesters has been recommended to me.

We’ve been using Himalaya at crown hills pub quite a lot recently. Not had a bad meal yet.

Yep Himalaya is top too.

Tgere are quite a few of these indian grub pub places now, not just the old Paddys Marten inn.

Another decent one is Rose and Crown on Uppingham road in houghton.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Yep Himalaya is top too.

Tgere are quite a few of these indian grub pub places now, not just the old Paddys Marten inn.

Another decent one is Rose and Crown on Uppingham road in houghton.

The Broadway is another one. Went there Friday and the food was tremendous 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 21:16, Wolfox said:

We went Wells NTS last year. Pre-covid we used to go a lot as a friend had a caravan there and it was a lovely little town, but it seems the London set made it a holiday destination when they couldn't go abroad, so it went massively upmarket :(

We would usually drink on The Albatross, the sailing ship moored in the harbour, but that wasn't there either.

• Like 1