Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Pyeongchang 2018 - Winter Olympics

The only events i have any real interest in are the Biathlon (because who doesn't like the combination of long distance skiing and rifle shooting?!) and Bobsleigh (Feel the rhythm and all that...)

Never heard of Eve Muirhead until reading your post, but i now want to dedicate the rest of my life to worshiping her! 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

looking forward to it, great mix of sports. 

the mad down hill skiing and snowboarding races an the like are what it's all about. the extreme ones too. and the curling yeah. 

yeah the snowboarding races are awesome. 

Ski jumping is crazy to. I went to the top of a ski jump in Lillehammer, Norway and you must be absolutely stark staring bonkers to ski down it and jump off the end!

CURLING.

(I'm more of a Rachel Homan guy, but I'll have to honestly root for USA. Here's hoping Shuster can do a little better than his usual 2-7; the men's field looks weaker this time around.)

My curling picks:

Mixed doubles

Gold: Canada (Morris/Lawes)

Silver and bronze: I really don't care about mixed doubles, tbh

Women

Gold: Canada (Homan)

Silver: GB (Muirhead)

Bronze: Switzerland (Tirinzoni)

Men:

Gold: Canada (Koe)

Silver: Sweden (Edin)

Bronze: USA (Shuster)

I will check out the hockey tournament, of course, but I'm not sure how much I will watch with the time difference. I'll take one men's hockey gold medal in my lifetime, no matter how we get it, but I just can't see it happening this year considering the NHL staying home and how the roster was selected. I'll settle for anybody except the (Olympic Athletes From) Russia winning, hell, I won't even mind Canada winning again. I love to rip on the Russian team because of how much the big bad Red Machine sucks ass in best-on-best tournaments, now watch them finally win (or even get on the podium) now that the NHL disagreement stacks the field so firmly in their favor. On the women's side, though, we still have unfinished business against Canada that we need to put right.

Edited by Jordan

didn’t realise that if you get tripped up in the speed skating you go through basically automatically?! 

some right cloggers just falling over an ending up in the final here. 

christie looked pretty comfortable in her heats. 

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

didn’t realise that if you get tripped up in the speed skating you go through basically automatically?! 

some right cloggers just falling over an ending up in the final here. 

christie looked pretty comfortable in her heats. 

Yeah, the judging seems to be pretty arbitrary to me tbh - one of the reasons I was so pissed off with Christie getting screwed over by them three times in 2014.

I quite like the winter Olympic’s, ice dancing, curling, that endurance ski walking game etc but what I really want to see is one of those jump guys clear the mountain and land on the flat bit at the bottom, just to see what would happen. Oh and the Jamaican bob sled team win it. Also is it true that in America, there’s a 30 minute delay so the tv companies can rearrange the order so the American Olympians always go last so it keeps the interest in it.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Also is it true that in America, there’s a 30 minute delay so the tv companies can rearrange the order so the American Olympians always go last so it keeps the interest in it.

The Primetime show is the worst but on top of that it gets misrepresented.