Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why are people clapping Mahrez?

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Interesting insight.

Good to know the bloke is all I have thought he is all along even before this latest episode.

A completely selfish arsehole.

The laughable thing is; some people on here will claim you got him on a bad day or you are making it up! 

Both yourself and @Drew Peacock I rate as posters and not really disagreeing with either of you in this thread. I just can't stand the media. Obviously things have gone off, I mean we'll never know because we don't work for the club, but I do think they've blown it out of proportion like they do with every subject.

I don't like to see anyone want to try and leave the club, nobody is bigger than the club, but he's here so while he's here still I'll back him. Plus with him contributing so much at this club I can't do anything else but clap him. I made a point of clapping yesterday because I thought he was going to get booed but thankfully that wasn't the case.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Interesting insight.

Good to know the bloke is all I have thought he is all along even before this latest episode.

A completely selfish arsehole.

The laughable thing is; some people on here will claim you got him on a bad day or you are making it up! 

Yes! You find yourself trying to cover yourself for the comebacks when commenting sometimes on here don’t you.

But I’ve no need to make up this one incident.

And he wasn’t busy at this time. It must get annoying being asked for photos/signing autographs everywhere, but this was in the context of his job. Something required of the team a couple of hours before kick-off very week.

Funny how life is. If you have exceptional talent you can get away with more, and get treated differently. And you treat others differently too. We worship talent/celebrity more than human character. I’m guilty of it sometimes myself.

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Both yourself and @Drew Peacock I rate as posters and not really disagreeing with either of you in this thread. I just can't stand the media. Obviously things have gone off, I mean we'll never know because we don't work for the club, but I do think they've blown it out of proportion like they do with every subject.

I don't like to see anyone want to try and leave the club, nobody is bigger than the club, but he's here so while he's here still I'll back him. Plus with him contributing so much at this club I can't do anything else but clap him. I made a point of clapping yesterday because I thought he was going to get booed but thankfully that wasn't the case.

Absolutely.

And the media point. We read in the media about him going awol. We all hate him. Then we read his statement in reply and think maybe we were a bit harsh.

As you say we’ll never really know. But he’s still a ****. lol

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

My daughter was fortunate enough to be mascot recently and went into the changing room before the game. Every player was fantastic.....apart from Mahrez. Birch takes you round getting all the player’s autographs. I thought Mahrez hadn’t heard at first because he had to be asked a couple of times to sign. He was watching the TV and eventually without even taking his eyes off the TV just signed silently, totally ignoring my daughter. What an absolute w*****.

I have a cunning plan - Maybe next weeks mascot can stick a new seven year contract for half of current wage into his hands! Or is that how we got him to sign the current one!

Seriously though that can't have been nice. I'd waited for years for a chance to meet Kevin Rowland of Dexys, when the opportunity arose the person before me in the queue had really wound him up and I bore the brunt of it - "Hi Kevin, I really enjoyed the show, it's great to see you touring again" -  "What do you want?" (I thought Er it's an album signing hazard a guess). "Haven't I signed yours already?" (Er no, hense lack of signature on it) then just chatted to band mate with his back to me before ramming it back in my general direction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We want him to make an effort on the pitch so we'll clap him behind gritted teeth until he leaves us. Of course there are other supporters who think the sun shines out of his ass and would welcome that he shits on their faces whilst they clap.

4 hours ago, SeattleShane said:

He doesn't want to play for us, he leaves for 2 games that we might have won if he was playing he is on 100000 pounds a week , whats the deal?

Because 

1) hes an excellent player that strengthens our team

2) were pushing for 7th and an fa cup win which we will need our best players for

3) because it benefits all parties to see him out on the field enhancing the price we can get for him and increasing demand for him

4) because everyone seems happy to reintegrate the player back into the setup

5) because many people understand that despite his bad behaviour he is a leicester legend with sights on a higher club and our time to appreciate him in a leicester shirt is running out.

He has acted badly but does making a tough stance on him actually help the situation or anyone in it?

Do you know why Riyad gets a bit of leeway?Because when he entered, Guardiola, one of the best coaches in the world scrached his beard for a good 15-20 seconds and went running to his bench calling for danilo because he knew that mahrez will abuse their young letfback!

After that embarrassing game, the first thing that people thought about is "why did the fans clap one o the club's players":nigel:

Edited by the fox

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

Do you know why Riyad gets a bit of leeway?Because when he entered, Guardiola, one o the best coaches in the world scrached his beard for a good 15-20 seconds and went running to his bench calling or danilo because he knew that mahrez will abuse their young letfback!

But he didn't abuse anyone did he?

You aren't claiming that the great Mahrez actually did anything of note in his 30+ minutes are you? Dimi Gray could have done the same.

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

The way Mahrez was smirking and talking to Benjamin Mendy behind his hands for a while, after the game yesterday, was annoying and rightly or wrongly seemed to sum it up for me. It certainly didn’t endear me to him witnessing that first hand at the ground. 

Mendy is one of riyad's best friends from the le havre days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

But he didn't abuse anyone did he?

You aren't claiming that the great Mahrez actually did anything of note in his 30+ minutes are you? Dimi Gray could have done the same.

was talking about riyad abusing their young LB befor pep took him of for danilo.

4 hours ago, SeattleShane said:

He doesn't want to play for us, he leaves for 2 games that we might have won if he was playing he is on 100000 pounds a week , whats the deal?

Ever think,it might Just be you and 10 more dipsticks from 30k plus,that Warrant the

Question Mark. Plus a !

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Buce said:

In your lifetime perhaps.

Has anyone really been better? 

This is a guy who won a player of the year award in a season where we won the top flight by ten points and finished in the top 8 of the BallonD'Or whilst wearing our colours. 

Now (arguaby) the best club in the World want him, who can top that?

Edited by MattP

Yes he wants to leave, but he has still been a magnificent player for us, if people want to clap him it is up to them but it won’t make any difference as he has his heart set on leaving and the fans can’t do anything about that. He has tainted his legacy here by pulling a strop in his attempts to leave but there are those who will always be appreciative for what he has done for the club.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MattP said:

Has anyone really been better? 

This is a guy who won a player of the year award in a season where we won the top flight by ten points and finished in the top 8 of the BallonD'Or whilst wearing our colours. 

Now (arguaby) the best club in the World want him, who can top that?

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

All of them were consistently better.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Some people are so myopic.

Yes, he's an excellent footballer - that doesn't mean that we can point out he is also a piece of trash as a human.

The story from one poster about his daughter, his endless desire to get away from the club we love, the fact he's handed in two transfer requests and clearly feels himself bigger than the club - he's a rotten piece of work that might well benefit from being made to realise where he actually stands in the grand scheme of things. 

Oddly enough I had a bit of an insight to his way of life. I was waiting outside of the ground as the players were coming out. King signed autographs. Okazaki spent 45 minutes in the rain signing everything put under his nose - seriously impressive. One or two waved and smiled. Riyad Mahrez made an employee drive a car 15 feet to pick him and Slimani up from the door - either he couldn't be bothered to walk to the car or he couldn't be bothered to mix with the commoners (his fans). Either or - it's an indicator of who he is and how he views his position in life. He's Riyad Mahrez, why SHOULD HE GET HIS OWN CAR? It's worth noting that the actual superstar of the team, Jamie Vardy, still had the grace to walk to his own car.

He plays a game very well, he contributes nothing of substance to society. He is in the position of privilege he's in because some people who own a duty free shop decided to buy a football club for a bit of fun. If the world were to ban football tomorrow nothing significant would change. If the world were to ban policemen, teachers, firefighters and so on...that might have an impact. Riyad Mahrez is unimportant - that's why people are angry. He has made the fatal error of believing his own hype. The people who earn so very little and spend it on the football - that's who he's representing and sometimes it stings a bit when you hear he's depressed at having to do what we'd do in a heartbeat for free.

Imagine having a relative that has taken their life as result of depression ; it might come a little bit annoying that he's appropriating that in order to get himself just a few more sheckles on the pile. Imagine having an excited child that can't wait to meet him ; it might be a bit annoying that Riyad 'King of the World' Mahrez can't deem it right and proper to even feign happiness. Imagine earning £12,000 a year and watching somebody earn your lifetime's earnings in a month not do his job. It might make people a little bit unhappy.

I hope that somebody sits him down and shows him just how little he actually contributes ; just how little impact he will have on the world. It might make him be the humble man he wants people to think him.

Great footballer - piece of trash. They're both present in my estimation of him. 

Why do you make it your own personal mission to be offended by his life, his earnings, his personality?

This is exactly what i said in that other thread. Him moving to man city, earning a few grand more or not signing someone elses autograph literally makes no difference to your life and yet you get mad about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donut said:

Why do you make it your own personal mission to be offended by his life, his earnings, his personality?

This is exactly what i said in that other thread. Him moving to man city, earning a few grand more or not signing someone elses autograph literally makes no difference to your life and yet you get mad about it.

I'm not mad. I find it distasteful though.

Again - he is contributing nothing to the world and acting like the world owes him. I just feel that as paying spectators, and citizens of England, we shouldn't be tolerating this. Call me idealist, but people need holding to behavioral standards otherwise it all falls apart. What's the point in raising your children? It makes no difference to anyone elses life and they shouldn't expect to be criticised.

Why do you think that it's okay for someone to act that way free of criticism? Why do you think people shouldn't be held to standards? Why do you defend somebody for being a turd? What's your agenda?

And again - co-opting depression as a means for gathering a few more quid. That ISN'T okay and your desire to kiss Riyad Mahrez on the mouth won't change that. 

• Like 2