Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why are people clapping Mahrez?

One other intresting fact about muzzy vs mahrez....

according to wikipedia From and the PL site, 248 games in the league, muzzy has 34 goals and 27 assist compaired to 128 games, 35 goals and 24 assists for mahrez. almost the same stats in almost half the games (granted, riyad is a winger)

Wait, there's more! weller wasn't the only one to hand in a transfer request, muzzy did it too in the autumn of 2001. the past isn't sunshine and rainbows anymore, huh?

Edited by the fox

18 minutes ago, the fox said:

here's a simple solution. ask yourself...

which players have more world wide reputation? it's mahrez and vardy.  which players have more team/personal achievements? still mahrez and vardy. 

i will tell you which players weren't the 7th and 8th best players in the world and didn't win the league. weller and muzzy.

i'm not arguing who's the bigger legend, i'm talking about who's the better player.

Oohhh!!!!   Go on then,I totally agree,Your so right....

Weller & Worthington.

Now Let me Tell you something young man...If someone was so bombastic about trying

to prove something about the past players,I would post 

Vardy

Mahrez..

It means nothing, there are No points on offer. There is No better man or Argument.

I Wonder,If you overcook when cooking Your favourites Meals.

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Oohhh!!!!   Go on then,I totally agree,Your so right....

Weller & Worthington.

Now Let me Tell you something young man...If someone was so bombastic about trying

to prove something about the past players,I would post 

Vardy

Mahrez..

It means nothing, there are No points on offer. There is No better man or Argument.

I Wonder,If you overcook when cooking Your favourites Meals.

I used to do that alot last season actually. Nothing like a late night food poisoning to help me go to sleep after last season's shite (before claudio was sacked.)

Edited by the fox
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Because he’s a Leicester player, and has achieved great things here.

Also by the sound of it, he’s been a victim of fake news, who appeared to have invented his supposed strike, and his team mates annoyance, to create a media frenzy, when the club had given him time off to clear his head.

As I have stated all along, I had no problem with his transfer request, him wanting to leave for a bigger club, and potentially more trophies, as long as he performs for us until it happens 

That may be the case.

But what puzzles me is the club/owners not releasing a statement to explain they had given him "time off to clear his head"?? The whole thing went on for the best part of 2 weeks and I don't buy it that they did'nt think the press would whip up a frenzy, which in turn whipped up tension amongst the fans.

They could have prevented all of it with a simple statement. That's if they really did give him their blessing to have time off of course.

Don’t think the owners are that bothered with the press, seem to have very little dealings with them.

I suppose it would have died down but for mahrez alledged mate making a statement, which mahrez has called out.

Don’t think it’s healthy for the club or team for this rumour mill to continue,it hopefully it will die down now, so we can get on with our season, as things are not great on the pitch at present 

sorry kendal Fox I thought I’d hit reply, this is a quote for you pal.

Edited by Monsell1976

14 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

I clap him because he is one of if not the best player that this club has ever had.

No one knows the full story, only him and our owners, so get off his back  I will clap him even if he goes in the summer.

Why? he only is thinking about himself, he doesn't care about the club

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain... said:

You don't recover from depression, you find coping mechanisms, that does mean things can trigger it and sometimes it lasts hours, days, weeks before you can get your head straight and see clearly again.

The Mahrez is depressed comment was not an official quote and should be ignored as should all of the other crap that has been spouted in the press. That doesn't mean he wasn't depressed (really sad), suffering a bout of depression or just being a petulant shit. We don't know, what we do know is he is one of ours and we should support him.

He is not one of ours , he is out for himself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeattleShane said:

He is not one of ours , he is out for himself

he has derailed our season with his baby antics, since this started we have taken 1 out of 9 points, and i dont think things will change much over he next couple of months, we really need the bottom teams to keep losing or we may be dragged down to the relagation fight, all because the big baby didnt get his way. i say leave him on the bench for the rest of the season and punish the little pick and then maybe the next person not to get there way might think twice. iam just so angry that he has stuff are whole season so instead of maybe getting into Europe we will be lucky to stay in the league..

After losing my s**t previously on on a Mahrez thread, I'll keep this brief.

To those who have mentioned Weller in a positive light compared to Mahrez, it has been widely mentioned that Weller went on strike at half time when he was here. So go on about how Worthington, and others were better, but leave Weller out of it because he had a pretty big strop as well.Funny how we have mostly forgotten about Weller's strike, I have no memory of it til it was mentioned repeatedly on here.

And before anyone asks, I saw Weller, Whitworth, Worthington, Gibson et al, and someone who hasn't been mentioned and was a very fine player, Gary McAllister.

On 11/02/2018 at 09:23, Bozman said:

Some people can't bring themselves to face the truth,( made up me media shit indeed...) 

He should never be allowed to put on a first team Leicester shirt again.

The owners ought to go the whole hog and make him play  on the bench with reserves for the next two and a half years, playing him last night was a smack in the face to every city supporter

His attitude stinks I for one can't wait for him to leave... 

I'm not sure what that would achieve in the long run.

It may make the current squad think twice about trying to pull a similar stroke but it would also discourage players from coming here in future. We can only hope that, for the sake of football, this stance taken by the owners will be taken by other clubs (not selling when they don't want to when a player is under contract) and they wrestle back some power from players and agents. However, that's probably doubtful.

I can't deny the sympathy I had for him first time round has been used up but, ultimately, clubs are a business and it would make no sense to  stick him in the reserves for the remainder of his contract.

Edited by Max Wall
Clarification

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'm not sure what that would achieve in the long run.

It may make the current squad think twice about trying to pull a similar stroke but it would also discourage players from coming here in future. We can only hope that, for the sake of football, this type of stance will be taken by other clubs and they wrestle back some power from players and agents. However, that's probably doubtful.

I can't deny the sympathy I had for him first time round has been used up but, ultimately, clubs are a business and it would make no sense to do that.

The club can't even do that, max. If the club does, mahrez will leave in the summer of 2019 on a free.

30 minutes ago, the fox said:

The club can't even do that, max. If the club does, mahrez will leave in the summer of 2019 on a free.

Let me clarify, by 'let's hope other clubs take this type of stance', I meant not selling when they don't want to. I wasn't referring to the previous posters idea of sticking Mahrez in the reserves for two and a half years. 

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 12:21, ScouseFox said:

lol don’t be an idiot. nobody else even comes close to being as good as him, even if you want to pretend the black and white days are better than today

Because you seen many games with Worthington Weller or Lineker playing. Mahrez's dream move Barca who don't seem to have shown a bean of interest. How many games did lineker play for Barca.

On 2/11/2018 at 14:10, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

All of them were consistently better.

They also played in an era where every game didn't have the coverage of today and the microscopic detail that each player has now.

You are able to see every game Mahrez plays, how many did you see of those players home and away?

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

They also played in an era where every game didn't have the coverage of today and the microscopic detail that each player has now.

You are able to see every game Mahrez plays, how many did you see of those players home and away?

I only saw DG towards the end of his time here but I went to every game home and away in the Bloomfield era. I probably saw every game KW and FW played for us. 

11 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Believing unsourced press stories is daft.

Haha. 

So what we’re talking about? 

Mahrez went AWOL, and his ‘friend’ released a statement saying he was depressed and wished his dream deal had gone.

We all know he was AWOL as Puel  said this more than once in press conferences. He didn’t know where he was or when he would back.

If Mahrez wasn’t party to statement released why did it take him a week to distance himself from it? 

If it hadn’t come from him it would have been done immediately by himself or his advisors.

I don’t think you can be that naive to believe RMs version of events.....Ah I know you are ‘starstruck’ by an Algerian footballer you do not even know.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

As far as I know, Riyad hasnt put forth any version of events

There is surely no room for debate on this.  We know Riyad went awol.  Puel called it a mistake on Riyad's part

And now its done and the mutha ****a better come in and perform and I will celebrate his goals same as ever, wave him off in the summer (if he goes)  and always like him slightly less if this mid season strop seems to harm this season in any significant way