Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SeattleShane

Why are people clapping Mahrez?

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm not mad. I find it distasteful though.

Again - he is contributing nothing to the world and acting like the world owes him. I just feel that as paying spectators, and citizens of England, we shouldn't be tolerating this. Call me idealist, but people need holding to behavioral standards otherwise it all falls apart. What's the point in raising your children? It makes no difference to anyone elses life and they shouldn't expect to be criticised.

Why do you think that it's okay for someone to act that way free of criticism? Why do you think people shouldn't be held to standards? Why do you defend somebody for being a turd? What's your agenda?

And again - co-opting depression as a means for gathering a few more quid. That ISN'T okay and your desire to kiss Riyad Mahrez on the mouth won't change that. 

Dont have an agenda and have criticised his behaviour in other threads. But youd do well to calm down and have a biscuit.

• Haha 1

Just now, Donut said:

Dont have an agenda and have criticised his behaviour in other threads. But youd do well to calm down and have a biscuit.

I'm not riled up. I just find it odd that people like you seem to think him immune from criticism.

These people aren't gods, they're no living deities. They play a game for a living. If they want to flounce around being prima-donnas that's fine, but they should still be held to as high, if not higher, standards of behaviour. With great privilege should come great responsibility. People like yourself saying 'noooo, they should behave how they like free of criticism' only serves to justify their views.

He's an absolutely phenomenal footballer - that doesn't mean I shouldn't point out he isn't that great of a person.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

All of them were consistently better.

I don't doubt for one minute how legendary these players were for us and I love watching old clips of them.

But they were decent top level footballers, they even weren't regular internationals, weren't in the top ten in the World at any point and I'm pretty sure they weren't wanted by teams who were among the top 2/3 in the World. 

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm not riled up. I just find it odd that people like you seem to think him immune from criticism.

These people aren't gods, they're no living deities. They play a game for a living. If they want to flounce around being prima-donnas that's fine, but they should still be held to as high, if not higher, standards of behaviour. With great privilege should come great responsibility. People like yourself saying 'noooo, they should behave how they like free of criticism' only serves to justify their views.

He's an absolutely phenomenal footballer - that doesn't mean I shouldn't point out he isn't that great of a person.

Im getting bored of you already.

Ive already told you in the other threads i have criticised his behaviour. Go and look them up.

If you find benefit in constantly talking about how much of a goon he is then do it.

But in the mean time dont put words in my mouth.

• Like 1

Just now, Donut said:

Im getting bored of you already.

Ive already told you in the other threads i have criticised his behaviour. Go and look them up.

If you find benefit in constantly talking about how much of a goon he is then do it.

But in the mean time dont put words in my mouth.

Dry your tears, sweetheart.

I'll stop pointing out that we ought to have behavioural standards - it's obviously of great pain to you.

And I really don't want to look up any of your pasts posts, given the terrible grammar and content it would just be wasted time on my part.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Dry your tears, sweetheart.

I'll stop pointing out that we ought to have behavioural standards - it's obviously of great pain to you.

And I really don't want to look up any of your pasts posts, given the terrible grammar and content it would just be wasted time on my part.

Is this conversation actually going anywhere?

No. Bye then :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

I don't doubt for one minute how legendary these players were for us and I love watching old clips of them.

But they were decent top level footballers, they even weren't regular internationals, weren't in the top ten in the World at any point and I'm pretty sure they weren't wanted by teams who were among the top 2/3 in the World. 

Thats how much you Know!!

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

From an era where on more than a few occasions George Best , Stan Bowles , Rodney Marsh and the like failed to turn up to matches because they were unavoidably detained in some model's flat or too pissed to see straight but were  still revered as players despite their erratic behaviour ! 

Because he's still our player, and still our best player. 

And whilst he continues to play for us and pull on our shirt, I will personally continue to clap and cheer him on.

yes he threw his toys out the pram and was an utter tw4t, but with him we are a force to be reckoned with and doing anything other than getting behind the team does nothing for us 

• Like 1

Just now, Buce said:

I’ll wager you weren’t even born then. 

why does that matter? or are you just going to prove my point that you’re claiming they were better than mahrez just cos it happened ages ago so you can belittle modern day football etc? probably that, isn’t it. 

as has been pointed out by matt, these are some of the better players from our history. but our history isn’t really that good. it’s one thing someone like keith weller being the best player for a bottom half premier league club, it’s another altogether riyad mahrez being the best player for the best team in the land and one of the best players in the world. 

but sure something about being old will be a strong counter argument. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

Difffent game then, but much harder to be a skilful player and not get regularly kicked all over the pitch - they took it , didn't moan and as I remember KW, could give it out as well when needed. 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

Difffent game then, but much harder to be a skilful player and not get regularly kicked all over the pitch - they took it , didn't moan and as I remember KW, could give it out as well when needed. 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Davie Gibson.

Frank Worthington.

Keith Weller.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

absolutely unbelievable levels of disrespect to mahrez, here 

Ha!

Yeah , right. So you're not showing any disrespect to club legends- irrelevant which period they played in.

Shall we trawl through most of last season's FT post games threads and see how great or crap he was and looked disinterested ?  Or the newspaper articles on where had the Mahrez of the tile winning season gone!

He is a very skilful player, with natural grace and balance. He was a huge part in our miracle, but I'm saddened to read of the personal accounts on this thread of his arrogance, and disrespect of our fans. Still, I don't think we should boo- just remain silent until he earns our respect again. 

• Like 1