Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

Don't the LCFC ladies play at the same level as local teams? (Loughborough, Shepshed etc). You'd think we'd take it a bit more seriously. The set-up at GNG is very good, but with the amount of money changing hands between Premier League teams, there's no excuse to put some in to women's football.

I dont watch it, but you can see why there's so little interest. 

Just an update

SSE FA Women's Cup 5th Round

Durham Women 5 - LCWFC 2

Unfortunately Leicester were knocked out of the FA Cup on Sunday at the fifth Round stage against higher opposition in Durham Women.

The scoreline doesn't reflect the game truly as Leicester went into the break 3-2 down and once conceding a 4th, forced two fantastic saves from the Durham keeper as well as having a goal disallowed. 

For the full match report, head to www.lcwfc.com. 

Leicester now turn their attentions to the League Cup where they travel to Nottingham Forest Ladies next Sunday (25th) in the Quarter Final. 

• Like 3

On 16/02/2018 at 15:51, RonnieTodger said:

Don't the LCFC ladies play at the same level as local teams? (Loughborough, Shepshed etc). You'd think we'd take it a bit more seriously. The set-up at GNG is very good, but with the amount of money changing hands between Premier League teams, there's no excuse to put some in to women's football.

I dont watch it, but you can see why there's so little interest. 

Leicester CIty Women play in the Women's Premier League Northern Division, the third tier (with Women's Super League 1 and 2 above). Their first team play at Quorn rather than the Riverside (GNG). Leicester CIty Ladies play in the division below, WPL Midlands Division One, but look certain to be relegated this year with only 1 point after 15 games.  Loughborough Foxes (my team) also play in Midlands Division One and are odds on to win it having won 13, drawn 1 and not lost, whilst only conceding 3 goals in those 14 games.  The divisions consist of 12 teams, so we've got 8 games left.  We play at Loughborough University Stadium (next home game is 2pm on March 4th - only £2 admission, Under 16s free, all welcome!)

If anyone is interested in results and fixtures for any of these teams, the FA Full Time website is the best place to look - it covers most amateur leagues in both the men's and women's games.  They've revamped the site this season and the new one isn't as good IMO, so select the 'back to old full time' option, then search for the FAWPL and the two divisions mentioned above can be found.

• Like 2

Yup, appreciate the update @ChiefFox. I started to follow LCFC Women this season, but found the info from the FA on the league system really confusing. Finally got my head around now and been to a few matches with the kids. Great work this season, the team have done an outstanding job so far! 

I too wish the mens side would acknowledge and showcase the women, as it would only encourage local pride.

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester City Women FC Gearing up for League Cup Semi Final.

This Sunday, LCWFC Host Lewes FC in the FA WPL League Cup Semi Final, a 2pm Kick Off at Farley Way in Quorn (LE12 8RB). 

As a club, we've never reached a major final and this is the best chance we've had in a long time. We'd appreciate as much support as possible to try and help push us over the line and into the final.

Entry is pay on the gate, priced at just £4 Adults and £2 Kids. 

For Sunday's game we will have pre-match entertainment to keep the kids entertained with Kids Under 10 getting into the match for FREE! 

We are also offering a student discount for this game, with all students under 18 getting in for just £2! 

With Leicester away to West Brom, this is your chance to get your footballing fix this weekend! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Men’s and Women’s cup double on the cards come on the foxes and vixens...

Are the Women’s team called the vixens?

They're not actually, just referred to as The Foxes. Maybe they should have been the Vixens. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nottingham Forest 0 - LCWFC 4! 

Leicester moved back into 4th in the league last Sunday with an impressive display away to local rivals Nottingham Forest. 

All 4 goals came inside an emphatic 13 minute spell early in the first half as top scorer Rosie Axten opened the scoring in the 10th minute with her 16th goal of the season before Leigh Dugmore converted just a minute later. 

Two further goals five minutes later killed the game off as Nicole Nymoen netted her first of the season before midfielder Paige Stewart rounded off the scoring in the 23rd minute.

Leicester have now moved back up to 4th in the table with games in hand on both 2nd and 3rd placed Stoke City and Huddersfield respectively. 

The Foxes are back in action this Sunday as they host second-bottom Wolves Women at Farley Way Stadium, LE12 8RB. 2pm kick off! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/02/2018 at 02:00, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They'll always be Enderby Town in my childhood eyes...

Absolutely, remember climbing through their hedge as a kid to play football on the playing fields area and getting chased off by the groundsman. Also used to do the same to watch some games. Saw a pretty season friendly against Forest once when Terry Hennessey was playing. Andy Peake was to later play for them as a young lad.

LCWFC 6 - Wolves 0

Leicester City climbed back into 2nd place with an emphatic win over struggling Wolves Women. 

The hosts were in front just 14 seconds into the game when some high pressure helped the ball to Leigh Dugmore's feet and the striker lobbed the 'keeper from the edge of the area. 

Leicester added 3 further goals in the first half with a Nicole Nymoen strike coming in between two Rosie Axten penalties. 

In the second half, Leicester continued to push with Leigh Dugmore grabbing her second of the afternoon before striker Ellie May rounded off the scoring with the Foxes 6th of the afternoon. 

Leicester face AFC Guiseley at home on Sunday (8th - 2pm) and face AFC Leicester on Tuesday night at Holmes Park in the Leicestershire County Cup final. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Vixens would make more sense, they can have their own name, I've just seen the weekends other fixtures-

Womanchester City v Tottyham Hotchicks

Nice Arse n'all v Bristol City

Bra-dford v Derby C*nty 

Edited by fazzyfox

I can see how you might want to take your daughter and encourage her football, but for the rest of us, Is there a single one of you who really cares?  Ever been to a match?

Be honest, get off the PC bandwagon and admit it. 

No one gives a toss about women's football.  

Edited by murphy

14 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

When is the cup final? My daughter is starting to really enjoy playing football and I think it would be good to take her to a women's match. 

We are in the County Cup against AFC Leicester which is this Tuesday 10th April at Holmes Park in Whetstone. (LE8 6FA). 7.00pm kick off.

We are also into the league cup final against Blackburn Rovers which will be Sunday 29th April at Chesterfield FC's Proact Stadium. 

1 hour ago, ChiefFox said:

We are in the County Cup against AFC Leicester which is this Tuesday 10th April at Holmes Park in Whetstone. (LE8 6FA). 7.00pm kick off.

We are also into the league cup final against Blackburn Rovers which will be Sunday 29th April at Chesterfield FC's Proact Stadium. 

It was the league cup I was thinking of, £5 adults and £1 kids, bargain and Chesterfield only down the road ish. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy tickets or do you just turn up?  

4 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It was the league cup I was thinking of, £5 adults and £1 kids, bargain and Chesterfield only down the road ish. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy tickets or do you just turn up?  

I don't think they've announced ticket details yet. But I would have thought that they would be selling them in advance. 

• Like 1