Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

LCFC Women

Leicester City Ladies split from us several years ago and have no affiliation or connection with us whatsoever. 

We do however have a ladies youth academy that terminates at 18 I believe and ends up as a feeder academy to other clubs as there is no adults team to feed into within the club. 

Think the situation is pretty messy - don't know the full details though.

3 hours ago, Captain... said:

You mean 2016s invincebelles, they won the league with a 100% record!

I know a certain other team won the league, but you would have thought that would have made some impact. I was thinking about this the other day and did a bit of research into them. Why on earth do they play in Quorn? Surely they could play at Holmes Park or Belvoir Drive with the odd game at the KP. I'm not going to lie I'm not that fussed about women's football but if there was at least some coverage, some mention of their games on radio Leicester, at the ground, in the programme. Stick a few highlights up at half time. Get a showpiece game at the King Power and give away free tickets.

The one thing they have in common with the men's team is their website is bloody awful too. I was just trying to see if you could buy tickets and how much they were. Absolutely terrible.

Quorn has a 3G pitch which ensures they get their games on. A lot of women football teams have the same issue where the men’s side plays on Saturday and the pitch is left in a state with the poor weather, they don’t want it played on again within 24 hours. 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quorn has a 3G pitch which ensures they get their games on. A lot of women football teams have the same issue where the men’s side plays on Saturday and the pitch is left in a state with the poor weather, they don’t want it played on again within 24 hours. 

Fair point, but surely they could play at the KP when we're away.

How about LCFC women play on Saturday at 1 followed by a beamback of the Leicester 3pm away game on the big screens.

I'd pay a fiver for that, same for U23 games.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I did a bit of research back when the new training ground was rumoured. There are indeed two:

Leicester City Ladies FC which is about 50 years old and doesn't seem to be linked with us, though their badge is similar in looks like it was made by a 5-year-old high on coke using Microsoft Paint on Windows 3.11;

Leicester City Women FC, which is about 10 years old and appears to actually be affiliated with us - same kit, badge, branding & King Power sponsorship etc.

I'd like to see us take the Women's team seriously - women's football is growing in stature and quality and it would definitely be a good opportunity with the new training ground to take heed from what Man City have done and align them with the rest of the club. Given the ambitious plans for Park Hill I'd love to see them incorporate them somehow.

That's the one we play it's brilliant id say it must breach copyright or something but it's that bad i think you would struggle to make a case lol

• Haha 1

Literally couldn't care less about women's football.

They had a giant billboard for the women's England team last summer outside Waterloo, just seem a bit desperate for more recognition. You can't force people to care.

An old school friend does photography for the Women's PL, he's always complaining about how no one cares. I went to one game with him and I honestly see better football being played by the kids in the park.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain... said:

Fair point, but surely they could play at the KP when we're away.

How about LCFC women play on Saturday at 1 followed by a beamback of the Leicester 3pm away game on the big screens.

I'd pay a fiver for that, same for U23 games.

Yep that would be what I’d suggest, something like that. We are going to have a huge training facility soon which can surely support another team or three. 

Like I said in my original post - they are sharing the senior club’s name but wearing last season’s kit. 

If this club wants to start acting like a big club, follow Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, PSG’s lead 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

I know the head coach of LCFC women quite well. A really decent bloke.

They recieve no funding beyond basics from LCFC, no players are paid and they play at GNGs ground in Braunstone. 

They do have a fundraiser once a year where they get to use the king power and have a womens football tournament to raise much needed funds.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Any serious Football club should have a ladies'/women's team and it should be well funded. 

Agree. I was just about to add i find it shocking that we have a 5 star academy.. a flag ship trianing ground in the pipe line and a womens team that runs as an amateur setup. Especially when I would not take much to kick start them. Womens football deserves this and we all enjoyed the success we saw at the womens euros.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Leicester City Ladies I believe that LCL were never officially 'linked' with LCFC, whereas 'Leicester City Women' are !

Yes, Leicester city ladies have no affiliation to LCFC and play at Alyestone park... which ironically has a better quality pitch than GNG where LCFC women play.

What I would do.

Add a link from the main site to the womens site.  Ideally put content on the main site.

Add footage from their games, interviews etc, to the LCFC tv section.

Put information in the printed media issued on matchday for mens LCFC games..

Offer free tickets to womens team games to matchgoing fans, first come first served basis.

Found this.

They need to get a proper camera down there.

Edited by Chrysalis

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

What I would do.

Add a link from the main site to the womens site.  Ideally put content on the main site.

Add footage from their games, interviews etc, to the LCFC tv section.

Put information in the printed media issued on matchday for mens LCFC games..

Offer free tickets to womens team games to matchgoing fans, first come first served basis.

Found this.

They need to get a proper camera down there.

Surprised at the quality (or lack of). The women's teams over here in France are pretty decent and their are coaching schools for the best young players (as with most sports).

I took a group of children from the school I teach at to the women's FA cup final last year - tickets for school kids were free.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of very competitive football on display. Would be great to have an LCFC women's team along the lines of the teams I saw in the final (Man City and Birmingham City). 

• Like 2

This is a great read.  It's either....

"Phwooooar women's football.  I like women coz I'm a man, a real man.  And the only way I can prove to all of you (and myself) that I am a real man is to say boobies and bums and I like women and, yer know, Rachel Riley.".

or....

"Good on 'em bless 'em.  They are surprisingly not completely shit.  Well done sweetheart, you give it yer best darling".

I am thoroughly enjoying this nuanced conversation.

X

As someone who works for LCWFC this has certainly been interesting to read..

I just thought I'd add a bit of clarity to the ladies/women confusion. 

1966 - LCFC decided to create a women's football team and Leicester Ladies were formed. 

1990's - Leicester Ladies actually played at Wembley ahead of one of LCFC's play off games (not sure if Palace or Derby) 

1993(ish) - LCFC decided they didn't want a women's team anymore (not sure of reason why) so Leicester Ladies decided to become independent. 

2004 - LCFC wanted a women's team again to follow on from their thriving Centre of Excellence. I believe it was offered to Leicester Ladies to rejoin but they declined and thus Leicester City Women were formed. 

2004 onwards. LCFC Women won 4 successive promotions to move into 3rd tier of women's football (overtaking Leicester Ladies) where they are no pushing for promotion again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, ChiefFox said:

As someone who works for LCWFC this has certainly been interesting to read..

I just thought I'd add a bit of clarity to the ladies/women confusion. 

1966 - LCFC decided to create a women's football team and Leicester Ladies were formed. 

1990's - Leicester Ladies actually played at Wembley ahead of one of LCFC's play off games (not sure if Palace or Derby) 

1993(ish) - LCFC decided they didn't want a women's team anymore (not sure of reason why) so Leicester Ladies decided to become independent. 

2004 - LCFC wanted a women's team again to follow on from their thriving Centre of Excellence. I believe it was offered to Leicester Ladies to rejoin but they declined and thus Leicester City Women were formed. 

2004 onwards. LCFC Women won 4 successive promotions to move into 3rd tier of women's football (overtaking Leicester Ladies) where they are no pushing for promotion again. 

Thanks for the update, it would be great to have an official voice on this thread updating people of how they are doing.

I found the website really difficult to find out information, such as ticket info and prices. Are there even tickets sold?

Are there long term plans to get the lcwfc teams playing at the King Power and make a stronger connection between the men's and women's side or are they considered to be 2 separate entities.