Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I like the Rheinbacher pilsner from Aldi, but just tried their Weissbier. 

It’s absolutely top drawer for £1.20. 

Yeah big fan of these. I bloody love German wheat beers. Weihenstephan are the best imo if you ever see any around. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve decided I’m going to invest in either a Krups Sub or a Perfect Draft. I know there’s a big differentiation on price and the torps for the sub are cheaper, but would anybody who’s owned either (or both) have any advice? I’m wondering whether it might be a better ROI paying a bit extra for the use of the bigger kegs on the PD? 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

I’ve decided I’m going to invest in either a Krups Sub or a Perfect Draft. I know there’s a big differentiation on price and the torps for the sub are cheaper, but would anybody who’s owned either (or both) have any advice? I’m wondering whether it might be a better ROI paying a bit extra for the use of the bigger kegs on the PD? 

My mate has the perfect draft and loves it. I think I might get one.

48 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

My mate has the perfect draft and loves it. I think I might get one.

Yeah, everyone I know who has one says they’re great. I think on the face of it they’re pretty much the same thing, the PD is just bigger and you get more beer out of your kegs. I just reckon paying £80 + kegs for the sub to try it out beats paying £250 + kegs for the PD. 

Edited by Manini

Managed to find some new'uns on my supermarket trip this week. Jennings Fine Line, Badger Wicked Wyvern IPA and Little Valley Python IPA.

Never heard of Little Valley before but it's a proper six percenter this gear. Would drink the others again, never in doubt with those breweries.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Flush out of bevs in the flat, out of people's experience what's the best supermarche for decent beer? Centre of Notts so got a Sainsbury's, Aldi, Lidl within walking distance - but can and will nip to others if the selection is top tier.

90% of what I drink is stouts and porters

Some co ops are usually pretty good mate. 

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Flush out of bevs in the flat, out of people's experience what's the best supermarche for decent beer? Centre of Notts so got a Sainsbury's, Aldi, Lidl within walking distance - but can and will nip to others if the selection is top tier.

90% of what I drink is stouts and porters

Three mentioned above came from Morrisons, which always seems to have a decent rotation and variety. Sainsbury's is fine but only recall the Guinness varieties as standouts when it comes to porters/stouts.

Reckon you might just be in range there for home delivery from Dancing Duck too. If you like your darker gear you won't regret it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That sweet ass Co-op, could get myself a Rollover hot dog while I'm there in all, cheers man

Big Tesco’s have decent craft beer selections by supermarket standards but don’t know if you have one near?

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Three mentioned above came from Morrisons, which always seems to have a decent rotation and variety. Sainsbury's is fine but only recall the Guinness varieties as standouts when it comes to porters/stouts.

Reckon you might just be in range there for home delivery from Dancing Duck too. If you like your darker gear you won't regret it.

Nice one mate, hink I've had their Dark Drake before and liked it iirc, I'll have a look and see if they're delivering this far.

Failing everything else 5 Points are delivering nationwide so might get a few of theirs in.