Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I had the imperial version of that a few months back and it was great. When this is over we should hit up Brew in Ashby as they have a great selection of stouts. 

Yeah mate we'll get some bevs sorted, this Brew gaff new? Still go in the Tollgate place that way?

32 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Yeah mate we'll get some bevs sorted, this Brew gaff new? Still go in the Tollgate place that way?

It’s pretty new used to be a shop but now they have changing kegs on all great stuff. You can drink their cans/bottles in too. Tend to go to brew rather than the tap (tollgate) as way better beers.

21 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Pogo from Wild Beer Co. Refreshing, but couldn't drink a lot of it.

I posted about Nebula which was decent few pages back.   My local Sainsbury have them in stock which was good-  would like to try the rest of their range.   

In other news,   I had two stinkers last weekend-  Gipsy Hill Carver which was utter pits and Siren Yu Lu which was earl grey/lemon flavour but was not great.   Got Mixed crate from Beer 52 which includes darker beers this time around so looking forward to try that including porters and stouts.    Omnium from Six Degrees North brand from few weeks ago was an utter sensation-  the smoothest easy drinking ale I have ever drank.  

Edited by The Blur

Tried a porter for first time last weekend-  not quite sold on it but worth persisting with for now.    I know Titanic Plum were getting rave reviews on here,  are flavoured porters better than the plain ones?  

On 28/04/2020 at 14:20, Voll Blau said:

Anyone ever tried any beers from the Skye Brewery? Doing free UK delivery on orders over £25 and looks like they have a good range.

Went for this in the end. Ordered a 12-beer mix (of 11 different beers) from them last week. Arrived a couple of days later.

Had two bottles of the craft lager they do on Saturday, which were tasty enough. Now 10 different ales of theirs left to try this coming weekend. :D

3 hours ago, The Blur said:

Tried a porter for first time last weekend-  not quite sold on it but worth persisting with for now.    I know Titanic Plum were getting rave reviews on here,  are flavoured porters better than the plain ones?  

What did you have mate? Siren Cold-blooded and Five Points Derailed were both lovely when I had them in the Earl of Essex / Old Fountain a few months back, don't think you can get the Five Points in cans or bottles mind, but their Railway Porter is, has a lower ABV and still really decent. Bad Kitty by Brass Castle is lovely in all and pops up pretty frequently now.

I love porters and stouts.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What did you have mate? Siren Cold-blooded and Five Points Derailed were both lovely when I had them in the Earl of Essex / Old Fountain a few months back, don't think you can get the Five Points in cans or bottles mind, but their Railway Porter is, has a lower ABV and still really decent. Bad Kitty by Brass Castle is lovely in all and pops up pretty frequently now.

I love porters and stouts.

Classic Porter from Port City Brewing Co.   I have also got Elbow Patches Oatmeal Stout from Virginia Beer Co and O'Connor ODIS Irish Stout in the same delivery from Beer 52 as I changed my package to mixed beers for this month just to try out porters and stouts.  

6 hours ago, The Blur said:

Depends what you like obviously but I would say flavoured ones are better.

If you like sweet things then I’d recommend trying Tiny Rebel’s Stay Puft.

• Like 2

A Pint of Water with all my tablets, then a Double whiskey....Then I am all up for Posting on Foxestalk.:frantics:

If I am Celebrating,then  a Double Cognac,After a shot of port....Then you Don t have to wind me up & Let me go..

Just Read my posts..!!!  Gets you lot all the time..:crylaugh:

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Depends what you like obviously but I would say flavoured ones are better.

If you like sweet things then I’d recommend trying Tiny Rebel’s Stay Puft.

Bit broad either way isn't it, for every Stay Puft / Plum Porter there's something rancid and overdone that barely tastes like beer. 

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

A Pint of Water with all my tablets, then a Double whiskey....Then I am all up for Posting on Foxestalk.:frantics:

If I am Celebrating,then  a Double Cognac,After a shot of port....Then you Don t have to wind me up & Let me go..

Just Read my posts..!!!  Gets you lot all the time..:crylaugh:

That explains a lot ...   :)

On 11/05/2020 at 14:02, Voll Blau said:

Went for this in the end. Ordered a 12-beer mix (of 11 different beers) from them last week. Arrived a couple of days later.

Had two bottles of the craft lager they do on Saturday, which were tasty enough. Now 10 different ales of theirs left to try this coming weekend. :D

Get on this people. Every single one was an absolute beaut.

Just put an order in with Leatherbritches brewery, who've just opened an online shop. Free delivery within 25 miles of LE65 too, which is a pretty generous radius I reckon. Tried one of their ales in the Blue Boar once which was decent, so hoping for good things. Interested to see what their Bohemian Pilsner tastes like. :beer:

31 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Get on this people. Every single one was an absolute beaut.

Just put an order in with Leatherbritches brewery, who've just opened an online shop. Free delivery within 25 miles of LE65 too, which is a pretty generous radius I reckon. Tried one of their ales in the Blue Boar once which was decent, so hoping for good things. Interested to see what their Bohemian Pilsner tastes like. :beer:

Let me know how they are. The Taphouse is very close to where I live but I’ve never had any of their beers!