Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't think we'd get Keane to be honest but some good suggestions and valid reasons for them.

What I do think is that for all there are poor sides at the bottom, nearly all of them have someone worth signing, like Hull and Maguire last year.

Southampton will get absolutely picked apart if they go down. Their squad shouldn't be that low. They'll lose their full backs in a flash and I quite like Tadic as well.

Stoke... if we sell Mahrez then I think your nearest thing to him in Shaqiri is your answer. I don't think Shaqiri's as good as Mahrez, but there's far worse out there and there's no way he sticks around, although I could see someone better going for him.

Newcastle... I'd take Lascelles.

West Brom I'd take Rondon but not for a silly price.

Crystal Palace I'd take Zaha or Milivojevic although I think Zaha will go to someone higher, and I'm not sure we're crying out for a midfielder.

Yeah I agree with all of those.  I think our first 11 is pretty good but I would like to see a better squad (of course some real quality additions to boost our 11 would be good as well) and I like a lot of your suggestions too.  I feel players like Tripper, Mawson, Burnley defenders, Southampton fullbacks, Zaha even (in my humble opinion) Matt Phillips and Winston Reid would be great additions.  They may not excite all fans but real quality players that have proven themselves at this level.  In an ideal world we would sign one or two real quality players too straight for the first team.  We'll see. 

There isn't a single player we could attract to the club who will bring what Mahrez can. That's a harsh reality for us. We've got to use the money to get in a good replacement but use it as well to improve other areas of the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I agree with all of those.  I think our first 11 is pretty good but I would like to see a better squad (of course some real quality additions to boost our 11 would be good as well) and I like a lot of your suggestions too.  I feel players like Tripper, Mawson, Burnley defenders, Southampton fullbacks, Zaha even (in my humble opinion) Matt Phillips and Winston Reid would be great additions.  They may not excite all fans but real quality players that have proven themselves at this level.  In an ideal world we would sign one or two real quality players too straight for the first team.  We'll see. 

Mawson I'd take but I don't think Swansea will drop, I'm more listing hypothetically players who could be relegated and as a result you'll get them at a knockdown price. I'd take Zaha here for sure and I do wonder if we will spend quite big on a replacement as it is such a void to our squad.

Matt Phillips is interesting, better player than given credit for I reckon.

This is of course solely sticking to England. I'd like to hope we've got an eye on Europe. Plenty of talent hiding out there.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Mawson I'd take but I don't think Swansea will drop, I'm more listing hypothetically players who could be relegated and as a result you'll get them at a knockdown price. I'd take Zaha here for sure and I do wonder if we will spend quite big on a replacement as it is such a void to our squad.

Matt Phillips is interesting, better player than given credit for I reckon.

This is of course solely sticking to England. I'd like to hope we've got an eye on Europe. Plenty of talent hiding out there.

Yeah I agree, I would like us to look further afield too I just cannot really comment with any authority about players in other leagues so am sticking to players I actually know.  I like Cresswell a lot and Matt Phillips as a squad player is more than good enough.  I suppose Gross might be an option too and in terms of players from relegated teams Evans, Shaqiri, Butland would be options.  I think it is about shopping smartly (as we did with Maguire).  I would love us to ****ing go for it and bid big for Son (Spurs) and Rashford just to see what happens.  X

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Gibson is a good long term cb imo. Scherderlin has fallen out with sam and is a good midfielder. Austin won't stick around if southampton go down. Just my opinion. I thought nzonzi would be a long shot out of all of them. 

I’m not laughing about them being long shots, I’m laughing cos they’re shit

47 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I agree, I would like us to look further afield too I just cannot really comment with any authority about players in other leagues so am sticking to players I actually know.  I like Cresswell a lot and Matt Phillips as a squad player is more than good enough.  I suppose Gross might be an option too and in terms of players from relegated teams Evans, Shaqiri, Butland would be options.  I think it is about shopping smartly (as we did with Maguire).  I would love us to ****ing go for it and bid big for Son (Spurs) and Rashford just to see what happens.  X

Cresswell is a very good shout. Evans has some cut price release clause when he goes down doesnt he?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Nzonzi who has played in the champions league for the last 2/3 seasons and has reportly interested arsenal is in your opinion shit? lol 

When did I say N’Zonzi was shit, the players I laughed at on your original post were the ones who I said were shit 

Zouma might be a shout if stoke go down.

Like the mentions of Mawson and Redmond. I still think Zaha's end product is lacking but I think we would be more balanced with him then Palace are and that might help us see an improvement from him.

• Like 1

Hopefully we go for players who by us signing them would at least show some ambition. English or home grown players would also be good. So let's take a punt on the likes of:

Luke Shaw (available on a free)

Ryan Bertrand

James Ward-Prowse

Ryan Sessegnon ( his form since New Year has been incredible) 

I would also be happy to see us try for Wijnaldum from Liverpool. They have to be pretty close to a full 25 man squad and the 17 non HG player limit with Keita still to arrive from Leipzig. Wijnaldum has to be right down the queue in terms of selection. He simply isn't important to them so would probably be available at a fair price plus he's a good player.