Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

9 new players would probably cost £250m. Plus the whole disruption to the squad. I so hope not.

Maybe I did go overboard with numbers but theres no denying we certainly could improve with a new rb, cb, lb and better options up front. I'm living in hope the deadwood goes aswell - king ulloa musa benny slim etc. Also and it's a big if we get into europe do we have a good enough squad to cope with 3 games every other week? 

11 minutes ago, brucey said:

Does this mean that Puel isn't being considered for a possible sack in the summer at the moment, or is the Merc just presuming all of this based on financials?

Why should puel be considered for the sack? Out of the new managers to come in this season he's done the best. I hope he does have the summer to get the players he wants. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Don't forget some of that was already spent last summer and in January, if you use transfermarket as gospel, then £35m is gone**. We're also buying and building a new training ground.

** https://www.transfermarkt.com/leicester-city/transfers/verein/1003/saison_id/2017

I don't think anyone should be expecting a bumper transfer window, what we spend is likely to mostly come from Mahrez.

Don't forget the mascot money :whistle:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Might be going against the grain here, but should the club consider trying to get a long-term replacement for Schmeichel?

With Hamer out of contract and Jakupovic wanting out I assume we’ll be in for someone 

39 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes it’s a shame because he seemed quite keen to stay on at first 

I personally believe he has not been treated very well & would be surprised if he hung around

33 minutes ago, brucey said:

Does this mean that Puel isn't being considered for a possible sack in the summer at the moment, or is the Merc just presuming all of this based on financials?

I think you will find it's only FT that has considered him being sacked.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Who I'd like us to sign 

Ben gibson  lol or lewis dunk 

Cedric 

Steven nzonzi 

Morgan scherderlin lol

Callum Wilson 

Shakiri 

Charlie austin lol

Also need someone to replace mahrez which will be difficult. Probably not the most realistic options but that's who I'd like. Also need a lb. 

Doesn't matter if we spend 100 million or 10p, if we don't improve are scouting, let be honest the last 4 window have been dreadful! 

If Mahrez goes and we recuit badly I can see us in a bit of trouble.

There is a lot of dead wood to move on, Ulloa, Slim, Musa, Mendy, King! 

Hopefully we are well prepared with a list of requirements.

At minimum for me:-

Right back

Left back 

Number 10

Wide player

Goal keeper

If Mahrez go, I'd expect us to spend 100 million.

If we manage to shift some of the deadwood id be disappointed if we didnt spend around £100 million. 

I know i cant believe i just said that either!

A mahrez replacement and a number 10 are needed. Realistically just those 2 puts us around half way there. 

Plus a gk cb rb and lb.

The problem is (correct me if I’m wrong) we will have Kapustka, Mendy, Musa, King, Ulloa and Slim back we will need to offload most of them to make space in the squad, I’d expect Fuchs and Huth to go, plus Mahrez, so that’s 9 players.

Id like

A new RB

Dragovic on a permanent 

Rondon

Mahrez to stay lol 

A new LB 

Love threads like this  We can all spout utter b0lloks and pretend it's champ manager.  :)

I tend to agree with what a few people have already said in that we need a right back, a left back a centre back a replacement for Mahrez if he leaves.  I actually think midfield and up top we are OK (I think Siva will come good).

Trippier would be my first signing and then, and bear with me, I would go for Keane as he has a point to prove.  Failing that I like Tarkowski or Mawson.  I would love us to have a CB partnership that we could nurture and grow for 8 years or so.  I love Fuchs, great player and great character but I do get the impression maybe he has lost a little hunger so I would like us to get another LB to compete with Chilwell (don't shoot me for this but I would be happy with Cresswell).  I think Simpson would be good back up (if he is willing to stay as that) to any new RB and Amartey I like as a squad player.

I honestly think we would be OK without signing anyone else unless of course Mahrez leaves.  If he does then I have no idea who we could replace him with, he is truly a beautiful footballer.  I think gentle evolution is the way to go, we certainly do not need an overhaul.  

We'll see. 

X

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Love threads like this  We can all spout utter b0lloks and pretend it's champ manager.  :)

I tend to agree with what a few people have already said in that we need a right back, a left back a centre back a replacement for Mahrez if he leaves.  I actually think midfield and up top we are OK (I think Siva will come good).

Trippier would be my first signing and then, and bear with me, I would go for Keane as he has a point to prove.  Failing that I like Tarkowski or Mawson.  I would love us to have a CB partnership that we could nurture and grow for 8 years or so.  I love Fuchs, great player and great character but I do get the impression maybe he has lost a little hunger so I would like us to get another LB to compete with Chilwell (don't shoot me for this but I would be happy with Cresswell).  I think Simpson would be good back up (if he is willing to stay as that) to any new RB and Amartey I like as a squad player.

I honestly think we would be OK without signing anyone else unless of course Mahrez leaves.  If he does then I have no idea who we could replace him with, he is truly a beautiful footballer.  I think gentle evolution is the way to go, we certainly do not need an overhaul.  

We'll see. 

X

I don't think we'd get Keane to be honest but some good suggestions and valid reasons for them.

What I do think is that for all there are poor sides at the bottom, nearly all of them have someone worth signing, like Hull and Maguire last year.

Southampton will get absolutely picked apart if they go down. Their squad shouldn't be that low. They'll lose their full backs in a flash and I quite like Tadic as well.

Stoke... if we sell Mahrez then I think your nearest thing to him in Shaqiri is your answer. I don't think Shaqiri's as good as Mahrez, but there's far worse out there and there's no way he sticks around, although I could see someone better going for him.

Newcastle... I'd take Lascelles.

West Brom I'd take Rondon but not for a silly price.

Crystal Palace I'd take Zaha or Milivojevic although I think Zaha will go to someone higher, and I'm not sure we're crying out for a midfielder.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We'll see. 

X

Good post

Lets be honest there is no direct replacement for Mahrez. He really is a one of a kind. His leaving will change how Leicester play football. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2