Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

4 hours ago, Bunyip said:

It seems there are still people on here willing to think he should be given an extended chance. Hopefully, today's nail will be the last in his coffin. What has he got to do to get the sack? He was the desperately wrong choice in the first place. For a club that supposedly has ambitions was he the best, we could get? We can waste £30 million on a donkey like Slimani but can't find the right kind of money for a proven manager. And in answer to anyone waiting to pounce on the question but who? I will say money talks. Pay a top manager enough and tell him you will back him with the money for top players and they will come.

EXACTLY! This is what I’ve been saying for ages. Why are we always obsessed with well who’s available! In other words “who is the best of all the managers that have been sacked recently” 

You say 30m for slimani add in 16 for Mussa 14 for Mendy 6 for Amartay 7 for Benalouane that alone is £75m for that sort of money we could have anyone and with a great manager comes great players

sack him now, tap someone up now so they can secretly start planning for next year. Imagine if we had Conte or someone of that stature 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Its about the long term for me.

At some point, the club has to change direction. Its that simple. The more direct style we know was becoming less and less effective. Shakespeare was playing this style, and he was hounded out here. Puel is looking to make changes, and its not going smoothly at the moment.

It would be highly dangerous to assume that if we just went back to the "Leicester Way" all our problems would disappear. In fact, we know thats not the case. We know we have players who simply have to go, and we know its not a sustainable basis for the next 5 years.

The club has become a microcosm of clubs like Forest that we laugh at. Always looking backwards at a golden era and comparing everything subsequently to that. Fans thinking if we went 4-4-2 again and started lumping it, we would win a league title with ease.

They are the same fans who will make the most noise if it didnt go right for the next manager, lets not kid ourselves.

I want the club to sign good, technical young players with quality. To compliment those with quality we already have. I dont want like for like replacements for the likes of Morgan and Simpson in order to play a one dimensional and ineffectual style at the detriment of the quality we DO have.

When you finally get your head around the idea that SOME manager, at SOME point, has got to make proper long term building decisions, and not keep appeasing an older, tired, lacking in ability squad, and stop thinking that its NORMAL to achieve title wins with this style, we can start to move forwards.

But this takes patience.

It taking the blind squirrel approach is more youre thing, If chopping and changing the manager every 6 months in the hope of finding a nut is appealing then great.

But i think one man with a vision and being allowed the time to build the squad is better.

So in my eyes theres absolutely no reason to change Puel.

In fact i think changing Puel would be even more detrimental to the start of next season. At least he has had a chance to work with the players and evaluate them for a few months and work out what areas he wants to strengthen. A new manager will not have done that, have to work out who and who cant play HIS style, and have to do a lot of business very quickly.

Obviously there are loads of people that want Puel out. Obviously the football isnt good at the moment, and obviously it hurts. Its going to hurt for absolutely anyone until they can mould the club away from the sorry state of flux its in now, pining for the past at every opportunity, and move towards a new vision.

@donut..you've creamed it again. Top post of the day!!No, Sorry one of the best posts over over the several

Topics covering opinions on Puel,or any would be manager.

One other point..IMO this continual talk over tactics,and various managers,is OK for the Banter over,

top 4- 8 top managers in Europe,but 1stly the also ran Clubs,in all the top leagues,depends on

aptitude,attitude, and Form of groups or Individual players within any given season,or Period of a season.

Also the strength of gameday consistencies,Burnley had it this season,Everton in the last yrs a prime example,

but this season,Everton and Leicesters players,were simply not good enough ,to take there so called

strength,to any consistent and Fans expectant level.

Then Posters Frustration goes into overdrive. Tactics havent destroyed anything Leicester had,our

Players on gameday since Xmas,simply havent been good enough,and have been in a negative rut.

Today at least we created,and had some top chances.where in many of out last 12 games,shots 

on or off target,has Been pathetically to a minimum.

Today,our lack of thought,from our consistent and top goalscorer,plus our most technical player,

stopped us taking maximum points,that had nothing to do with the managers out n out tactics.

I actually thought today,we played some good football,and could of easily turned it around..

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

EXACTLY! This is what I’ve been saying for ages. Why are we always obsessed with well who’s available! In other words “who is the best of all the managers that have been sacked recently” 

You say 30m for slimani add in 16 for Mussa 14 for Mendy 6 for Amartay 7 for Benalouane that alone is £75m for that sort of money we could have anyone and with a great manager comes great players

sack him now, tap someone up now so they can secretly start planning for next year. Imagine if we had Conte or someone of that stature 

Foxestalk - the gift that keeps on giving..........

i believe we are interviewing mourinho and guardiola on Monday .............. 

10 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Can I just say as well that he is the least charismatic man I've ever seen manage us. He's so dull and boring, his interviews are a chore to listen to. 

Funny how our style of play reflects his personality actually.

He’s been here 6 months and I’ve not once heard our fans sing or chant his name at a home game. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Missed the game today completely (couldn’t watch a stream ) so cant comment on what actually happened but reading the stats and the Burnley’s messageboards tells me that we weren’t  that bad that the manager should lose his job over it. 

We really weren't that bad. Shocking defending and another slow start cost us the match, although Burnley just sat back and managed the game once they had their 2-0 lead, so it's difficult to judge how they would have tested us, without that cushion.

We certainly created good chances, Vardy and Mahrez should have scored and Pope was impressive in goal. There were a number of misplaced passes and our general play is still too slow and ponderous. 

A draw would have been a fairer result, but fair play to Burnley. They deserve to be where they are.

Fans are just fed up with the 4 wins from 16, which is a very telling stat. 

I was prepared to give him the summer window and 10-15 games of next season, but I'm starting to think that he needs a strong finish to the season now to get my backing. A few wins at least.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Can't say i've heard it personally.

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Genuinely never heard. I sit in G1 so maybe it’s just where I sit nobody sings it.

Honestly? I sit in G1 too and I hear it every game. Granted it doesn't really get going for long, and nobody apart from me really joins in much where I am, but I do hear it, presumably from SK1. I'll try and sing louder on Thursday ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Weller said:

The case for Puel seems to be that he's trying to change our style of play. We get that and don't need 8 paragraphs on a social media site to emphasise it. 

The case against is that it isn't working and you don't change a style simply imposing a new style regardless of the players at your disposable.

A brighter manager would evolve the style after he had got the players he needed, not before.

Longwinded pro-Puel posts fail to grasp this.

Spot on. Too much, too soon, without the correct tools in place! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Foxestalk - the gift that keeps on giving..........

i believe we are interviewing mourinho and guardiola on Monday .............. 

Excellent news makes a change for the usual candidates from the merry go round, O’Neil as favourite followed by Big Sam, Pardew, Pulis and a few unknowns from the championship 

as you may have noticed that was sarcasm, I realise I am aiming big and that’s what I am saying if the owners want to progress they need to go big and that’s the only way we will entice better players 

at the moment we are going backwards it’s boring, pathetic the players don’t know what they are doing from week to week and things have to change 

I travel 110 miles each way to watch paint dry at the moment and if this fool is still in charge come the summer then after 27 seasons I’ll pass my seat on to a new fan. I am sure there are many people feeling like me at the minute; I used to look forward to matchdays now I hate them 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Apart from every game when we sing 'Claude Puel's blue and white army? 

I have attended every home game this season and may away from home too and hand on heart I’ve never heard them sing it once 

Edited by Mark - Reading

2 minutes ago, Mark - Reading said:

I have attended every home game this season and may away from home too and hand on heart I’ve never heard them sing it once 

I'm not imagining it lol It must come from SK1, I think that's where most of the songs I hear start, but it clearly doesn't get very far if nobody else hears it lol

5 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm not imagining it lol It must come from SK1, I think that's where most of the songs I hear start, but it clearly doesn't get very far if nobody else hears it lol

? I am in sk4 and it doesn’t spread over to me. I will listen for ya on Thursday Deb ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller said:

The case for Puel seems to be that he's trying to change our style of play. We get that and don't need 8 paragraphs on a social media site to emphasise it. 

The case against is that it isn't working and you don't change a style simply imposing a new style regardless of the players at your disposable.

A brighter manager would evolve the style after he had got the players he needed, not before.

Then again..none of US Know,what Puel said what he plans to do,what expectation for patience

Where he wanted to take the Club further,what promises he wanted ,to take the job.

Visa versa From management.

Top many Posters making football management easy,and through bias,overrating the expectations

of the squad.

Gray,..many Posters said,yelled out on the forum,he must play..,but he has indifferent performances mixed with top moments,we lose or draw,the same people want him now gone!!

Ditto for Chilwell,Nacho. Not one full season between them..Says more  about dozos on this forum

than the relevant players future potential.

We get a New manager,who Sees we need change,and want to give the squad its Chance,accepting he

has a BBone of players,who are reliable but no longer the right side of their careers,plus one maverick

Then a mix of unknowns and newbies. Knows Next transfer window,will not produce miracles.

And Fans expect,after 14 months of poor football after title win,and 2 managers,that the 3rd with

Hands tied behind his back,and with unknown,untried potential From within the squad,is going,

to produce some type of miracle,and get this squad produce,that we so far never in the PL have

Seen before with the one exception of ourselves.plus where our engine room has Been taken apart.

Come off it.!!

Now children,before you go off to bed,tell the truth and admit you have Been and are being

really naughty and silly. Mr Puel has not stolen your Teddy or eaten your chocolate,and it was you

who kept Ripping up the flowers,because you dont Like the ones daddy planted!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

Mr puel may have noticed that managers have recently failed to get too much time here - hence his assessment that he needs revolution rather than evolution. I’m still prepared to accept that he is using this season to decide who is capable of carrying his flag - binning off a player who is a slow learner but will get there would be an expensive and unfair mistake. none of us know what the club really feel about a Europa league campaign starting in July (players and manager have made the right noises but they are hardly going to say they don’t want to qualify for it, given the implications that would have re their professionalism and bringing the game into disrepute) 

of course his departure before the summer break would confirm what they felt about qualifying for it! 

No manager can simply disguard a season. I accept managers can inherit a poor set of players but even if you took the rather harsh view that this is the case with us, you still have to make the best of it until you can change the players.

I suspect many players think Puel is going to ditch them so they're hardly going to be motivated if that's the case. A more intelligent manager would command the respect of the players in this situation but that is very clearly not what's happening with us.

In for now.

People criticising his selections, but he's had one January transfer window (which is hardly the time to overhaul a squad), and brought in very little. People moan about Simpsons and Morgan starting, but maybe he feels they are the best of bad bunch (and even though there's talk of another year for Morgan, who says that's as a starter). For all we know he may have a list of summer transfer targets that will solve all our issues even if we go lose the likes of Mahrez. So let's give him a summer a see if we get a new right back, couple of new defenders etc. For starters, if we pick up Cedric and Tadic from Southampton it'll be a decent start.

Also I like that he's not afraid of giving youth a go. Previous managers would never have dared put Hamza in yesterday, they'd have shoehorned a more experienced player in an alien position.

• Like 1

It’s a difficult one isn’t it, on one hand you have a team in transition that sits 8th in the table despite a run of poor results which in all fairness we’d have probably all taken at the start of the season. Then you have a team that seems so disjointed playing dull football and conceding stupid goals just about every game. I understand people’s anger as I’m fed up with it as well but frankly I don’t know what the solution is or who else out there would do a better job considering we are realisticly where we should be in the table.

One another note, with all this talk about the “old guard” leaving, well it looks likely that Mahrez, Ndidi and Maguire could leave this summer and given our let’s face it not so great recruitment team I don’t hold out much hope for next season. We will probably spend loads on players from the Russian and Portuguese leagues which hasn’t worked so far!

• Like 3